Average Ranks Per Circle 07/29/2009 11:38 PM CDT
Currently sitting on 6643 total ranks for Circle 76, giving me an average of 87.4 ranks per circle. Just curious what other Rangers are getting per circle.
Re: Average Ranks Per Circle 07/29/2009 11:46 PM CDT
8753 at 70th for an average of 125.04 per circle.

-Ace
Re: Average Ranks Per Circle 07/29/2009 11:57 PM CDT
145.16 ranks per circle.

Falker
Re: Average Ranks Per Circle 07/30/2009 12:07 AM CDT
121.68 ranks/circle

~Lothekor
Re: Average Ranks Per Circle 07/30/2009 12:27 AM CDT
104.22 ranks/circle =D
Re: Average Ranks Per Circle 07/30/2009 01:30 AM CDT
139.62 ranks/circle. Bard invading your (fun) Ranger e-peen-palooza.

-Evran

Crackling with unspent rage since 386A.V.
Re: Average Ranks Per Circle 07/30/2009 02:10 AM CDT
213, but they haven't allowed me to circle for awhile now.
Re: Average Ranks Per Circle 07/30/2009 02:31 AM CDT
<<213, but they haven't allowed me to circle for awhile now.

So if you could circle, what circle would that be? How does that change your average?

Nikpack

The gods are jerks. No, really.
-Armifer
Re: Average Ranks Per Circle 07/30/2009 05:53 AM CDT
4174 overall at 42nd.

99.38 Ranks/Circle.

MM2/SS, USN
No Ranger Stands Alone
Re: Average Ranks Per Circle 07/30/2009 06:56 AM CDT
6909 at 53rd = 130ish ranks/circle

Here's the top 10 for more fun:
Stalking
Hiding
Scouting
Climbing
Evasion
Harness Ability
Perception
Skinning
Swimming
Primary Magic

Fun fact: I have close to the magic reqs for a cleric of my circle. Once I get TM caught up, I will.

-pete
Re: Average Ranks Per Circle 07/30/2009 08:34 AM CDT
>So if you could circle, what circle would that be? How does that change your average?

If I could circle today, I'd be 192nd with an average of 167. Although, if I could circle past 150th I'd probably train more for my reqs and less random skills like staff sling and have a much lower average.
Re: Average Ranks Per Circle 07/30/2009 09:12 AM CDT
175.60 @ 100

I've been planning on doing my ranger top 10 skills survey again here real soon-like, but I want to give us all a month or so after the combat rewrites are final. A lot of things are changing the way we train right now.

~Hunter Hanryu
http://drplat.com/CombatEquipmentCompendium.xls
Tolle says, "Yup yup, 'bout time. What the heck took you so long?"
Re: Average Ranks Per Circle 07/30/2009 09:25 AM CDT
My Empath - Currently my primary character 98.52
Ranger... 144.63

I suspect the main difference is mostly due to weapons, though obviously the large number of additional survival skills play a part as well.
Re: Average Ranks Per Circle 07/30/2009 02:58 PM CDT
Top 10:

First Aid
Teaching
Perception
Scholarship/Evasion (Evasion .25% higher)
Hiding
Stalking
Skinning
Harness
PM

MM2/SS, USN
No Ranger Stands Alone
Re: Average Ranks Per Circle 07/30/2009 04:09 PM CDT
First Aid and teaching are your top two? What are you an empath? I'm considering kicking you out of the guild.

Falker
Re: Average Ranks Per Circle 07/30/2009 06:22 PM CDT
150.13 ranks per circle.

-Saracus
Re: Average Ranks Per Circle 07/30/2009 06:45 PM CDT
I thought I'd look at my last few circles too. Kind of interesting.

148.68 (new exp)
148.40 (new exp)
150.13 (current)

P.S. Anyone still using my skill differ? http://xamlcoder.com/dr/skilldiff.aspx
Re: Average Ranks Per Circle 07/30/2009 06:59 PM CDT
>P.S. Anyone still using my skill differ? http://xamlcoder.com/dr/skilldiff.aspx

Never saw that before. handy! Thanks!

-pete
Re: Average Ranks Per Circle 07/30/2009 07:00 PM CDT
First aid's been my highest survival for a long time, Falk.

Teaching, well, only recently has it gone up alot.

MM2/SS, USN
No Ranger Stands Alone
Re: Average Ranks Per Circle 07/31/2009 12:38 AM CDT
I'm curious on some of the higher ranks per circle numbers. Is everyone circling as soon as they can, or do some people hold off circling at all until you've aquired extra ranks?

Are there benefits to holding off circling? I remember a previous discussion sometime in the past regarding the philosophy of circling slowly to raise skills vs. circling fast to raise stats. I would be interested if anyone wanted to revisit this discussion in the right folder. Probably over in the experience topic.

Thanks,

~Brian/Bahb
Re: Average Ranks Per Circle 07/31/2009 01:34 AM CDT
<<I'm curious on some of the higher ranks per circle numbers. Is everyone circling as soon as they can, or do some people hold off circling at all until you've aquired extra ranks?

I'm the latter case, but not directly for the sake of getting a high average rank/circle. With my bard, I'm ever so slowly working towards the Death Dealer/Weaponmaster titles so I tend to not train primary weapon since I spend so much time in backtraining areas. Primary Weapon is all I need to circle for about 40 circles or so, so in effect it does equate to holding back circling despite not being my actual goal. My average ranks/circle is high because of all the extra weapon ranks I have.

<<Are there benefits to holding off circling? I remember a previous discussion sometime in the past regarding the philosophy of circling slowly to raise skills vs. circling fast to raise stats. I would be interested if anyone wanted to revisit this discussion in the right folder. Probably over in the experience topic.

Not really any benefits excpet perhaps higher stats/circle. My bard had 30 in all stats except 35 in CHA/DIS at circle 50 for example. But those stats would have been reached much faster if I'd focused on circling instead of title achievement.

Probably the ideal way to train is to power train the essential skills (reqs, guild skills, combat essentials, etc.) until you reach your circle goal, and then head back and backtrain all the extra skills you don't really need. You'll get TDPs and circles at the fastest rate this way, and those skills you go back to train later will learn much faster than if you'd tried to learn all of them at the same time.

-Evran

Crackling with unspent rage since 386A.V.
Re: Average Ranks Per Circle 07/31/2009 01:57 AM CDT
The only benefit to not circling is that it takes less mana to raise you, when you die.

Falker
Re: Average Ranks Per Circle 07/31/2009 02:57 AM CDT
>P.S. Anyone still using my skill differ? http://xamlcoder.com/dr/skilldiff.aspx

Everytime I want to brag to someone about how many x skill I made in y time.
Re: Average Ranks Per Circle 07/31/2009 03:12 AM CDT
Top 10:

Perception
Medium Edged
Evasion
Foraging
Skinning
Leather Armor
Scouting
Climbing
Swimming
Hiding

Salumeth
Re: Average Ranks Per Circle 07/31/2009 09:25 AM CDT
>I'm curious on some of the higher ranks per circle numbers. Is everyone circling as soon as they can, or do some people hold off circling at all until you've aquired extra ranks?

I use a separate set of requirements from what the guild actually requires. My personal standards include skills the guild doesn't require and has higher number of ranks for ones that it does. For example, I aim to learn a minimum of 5 ranks of evasion, hiding, stalking, harness and PM a circle and 10 ranks of TM while I am back-training it. I also have two primary weapons and my "secondary" is only a few ranks behind. All my defenses are at a minimum of 4 ranks per circle.

My minimum is usually around 120ish ranks, but I can easily go over that if I am not careful about switching between skills often enough.

-pete
Re: Average Ranks Per Circle 07/31/2009 10:01 AM CDT
Reason I have as much as I do, is that I was being lazy. Wasn't in the mood to hunt, so I'd train survivals. Wasn't in the mood to train survivals or hunt, so I'd sit in a class or something. Backtrain weapons or armor. Those ranks add up, next thing you know, you haven't circled in a few months cause you need more Primary weapon, but you have enough survivals for the next 30 circles, and enough lore forever.
Re: Average Ranks Per Circle 07/31/2009 10:34 AM CDT
> I'm curious on some of the higher ranks per circle numbers. Is everyone circling as soon as they can, or do some people hold off circling at all until you've aquired extra ranks?

My skills/circle is high because I've decided to swap my primary weapon (again). I'm also reaching a point where I should be moving away from the Shard area to train efficiently, but I don't want to. I've been backtraining in hopes that the combat changes will either nerf me back to where I can learn well from Ilithi critters again... or I can tough it out long enough to make it to malchata, whichever comes first.

~Hunter Hanryu
Re: Average Ranks Per Circle 07/31/2009 11:17 AM CDT
>My skills/circle is high because I've decided to swap my primary weapon (again).

Out of curiosity, what are you changing to? I just switched from ME to having 2HE and LB co-primary. I'm keeping ME up in the same general range as those "just in case new combat screws me" and I have TM, LE, and HE all within 40 ranks of all of them, with short bow rapidly catching up to LE and HE and TM rapidly catching the primaries.

-pete
Re: Average Ranks Per Circle 07/31/2009 11:27 AM CDT
Thanks for the responses everyone. I am at 109 ranks/circle, and was getting nervous that I was doing something wrong.

~Brian/Bahb
Re: Average Ranks Per Circle 07/31/2009 11:42 AM CDT
<<Myself: ...getting nervous that I was doing something wrong.

By "doing something wrong" I mean with regard to circling. At this juncture, nobody needs to jump in and remind me of all the other things I do wrong.

And by "nervous" I mean that insecure feeling I get when I'm in the YMCA showers with John Bradford Bigpickle sudsing up on the left, and Roger Ripplepecs flexing with the shampoo bottle on my right.

~Brian/Bahb
Re: Average Ranks Per Circle 07/31/2009 02:29 PM CDT
> Out of curiosity, what are you changing to?

From HE to HX/Shorty. Maybe one day melee combat won't be completely ineffective in Pv.P/invasions so I don't plan on totally neglecting melee entirely but ranged is just to powerful to not have as a primary weapon, IMO.

~Hunter Hanryu
Re: Average Ranks Per Circle 07/31/2009 02:51 PM CDT
<<Brian/Bahb

Yer a rather odd fellow, arentcha.

Falker
Re: Average Ranks Per Circle 07/31/2009 02:57 PM CDT
>From HE to HX/Shorty. Maybe one day melee combat won't be completely ineffective in Pv.P/invasions so I don't plan on totally neglecting melee entirely but ranged is just to powerful to not have as a primary weapon, IMO.

Yep. This is why I brought LB to co-primary and switched from ME to 2HE as primary melee. The longer RT is an advantage for me, since I use it for targeting time with TM and the increased damage makes up for the slower attacks.

-pete
Re: Average Ranks Per Circle 07/31/2009 03:16 PM CDT
<< odd fellow

I guess so.

~Brian/Bahb
Re: Average Ranks Per Circle 07/31/2009 04:03 PM CDT
Yep. This is why I brought LB to co-primary and switched from ME to 2HE as primary melee. The longer RT is an advantage for me, since I use it for targeting time with TM and the increased damage makes up for the slower attacks.

I've been Comp/2he first and second since day one... sorry, I'm a Kaldar... i wanted crap that hits hard ::grin

~Purnay
"The object of war is not to die for your country, but to make the other bastard die for his."
Re: Front Ends - was - Average Ranks Per Circle 07/31/2009 05:21 PM CDT
>>Everytime I want to brag to someone about how many x skill I made in y time.

Ha! Just a "poor mans" way of keeping track of progress since Stormfront doesn't do it and I didn't like Genie last time I used it (I'm under the impression that Genie can track this for you); though I may have to try out version 3. Maybe someday I'll actually finish work on the FE I started on several years ago.

-Saracus
Re: Average Ranks Per Circle 08/07/2009 10:51 AM CDT
40th circle, 114.6 ranks/circle

Top 10:

Scouting
Perception
Stalking
Hiding
Appraisal
Primary Magic
Harness Ability
Power Perceive
Evasion
Multi Opponent
Re: Average Ranks Per Circle 08/08/2009 03:36 PM CDT
I'm 132.5 ranks per circle, at 108th.

Stealing is my highest skill.

Jalika

Moving carefully, you slip your hand into Ragran's pockets and carefully grab a platinum.
Roundtime: 2 sec.
Re: Average Ranks Per Circle 08/11/2009 02:56 AM CDT
57th circle(1 rank from 58th)
5511 ranks

So I'll throw out assumed numbers for 58th and say I'll be around 5520 total ranks.

95.17 ranks/circle

Top 10 Skills:
Perception
Hiding
Stalking
Skinning
Evasion
Scouting
Multi Opponent
Leather
Long Bow
Shield Usage

SEND[Bramoir] Okay, you are all set, just make sure you use your name for the powers of good okay?
Re: Average Ranks Per Circle 08/27/2009 06:17 AM CDT
5013 ranks
92.83 ranks/circle

Top 10 skills:

Hiding
Stalking
Evasion
Longbow
Leather Armor
Parry
Primary Magic
Harness