Climbing Ropes 11/21/2008 08:16 PM CST
For anyone who hasn't bothered to try these out, give them a shot. I just climbed across the branch in undergondola with a spider climb, rope, and 349 ranks of climbing. Not sure what kind of boost they give, but take away the rope and I got 8 sec rt.

Jalika

Moving carefully, you slip your hand into Ragran's pockets and carefully grab a platinum.
Roundtime: 2 sec.
Re: Climbing Ropes 11/21/2008 08:52 PM CST
The ropes give a pretty big boost. As a non-ranger without Spider Climb and only 138 in climbing, I was able to climb from the southern end of Undergondola all the way north to Leth.

Ryeka

Sometimes the key to happiness is not assuming it is locked in the first place- Ziggy

A journey of a thousand SMILES begins with a single step- Ziggy
Re: Climbing Ropes 11/21/2008 09:08 PM CST
>>The ropes give a pretty big boost. As a non-ranger without Spider Climb and only 138 in climbing, I was able to climb from the southern end of Undergondola all the way north to Leth.

I hope you mean through leucros and not via the branch, in which case you nearly have enough Climbing to do it anyway.
Re: Climbing Ropes 11/22/2008 07:43 AM CST
From my experiences with non-rangers appraisal and a rope is almost as good as a capped spider climb.

~Hanryu Ves'Shomis
http://drplat.com/CombatEquipmentCompendium.xls
"But I say if you're going going to eat a creature alive, you have to expect some screaming. That is the carnivore's burden."
0/14/0 - 2 days
Re: Climbing Ropes 11/22/2008 01:57 PM CST
Like I said, from the southern end- Which is indeed over the log. I still can't climb up that pesky branch! ;)

Ryeka

Sometimes the key to happiness is not assuming it is locked in the first place- Ziggy

A journey of a thousand SMILES begins with a single step- Ziggy
Re: Climbing Ropes 11/23/2008 07:28 AM CST
280 climbing, rope, appraisal, and capped Sure Footing couldn't get me over the branch.

- Mazrian

The Flying Company
http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d194/huldahspal/flyingcompany.png
Re: Climbing Ropes 11/23/2008 09:44 AM CST

Aa an aside... How about we add climbing ropes to the next mech system. Just braid a few more vines into a lead rope, and Bam! Climbing rope.
Re: Climbing Ropes 11/23/2008 09:51 AM CST
<<Aa an aside... How about we add climbing ropes to the next mech system. Just braid a few more vines into a lead rope, and Bam! Climbing rope.

They're already the next step up in the current system, you just need enough mech to make one. Its around 100 or so to make the heavy rope from grass.

-Evran

Crackling with unspent rage since 386AV.
Re: Climbing Ropes 11/23/2008 10:12 AM CST
I new I should have tried to make it before i posted. I had just never heard anyone say to keep going, so I didn't.

Thanks.
Re: Climbing Ropes 11/24/2008 06:03 PM CST
Can you braid climbing ropes?

Gahlron Dragon'Claws
Ranger
Today my wife asked me when I was going to clean the patio. I said "Soon", to which she replied, "Who's version of soon? Yours or mine?
"Simutronics", I replied. I'll be sleeping on the couch for awhile.
Re: Climbing Ropes 11/24/2008 06:36 PM CST
Keep braiding past lead rope, and you'll get a heavy rope with assists with climbing.

Jal

Moving carefully, you slip your hand into Ragran's pockets and carefully grab a platinum.
Re: Climbing Ropes 11/24/2008 06:42 PM CST
Erm, did that get turned on already for the heavy rope? I know they had said they liked the idea of making it so we could use a braided rope, but at the time only the heavy coiled buyable rope worked. Don't recall seeing anything about it getting turned on; could have missed it though.
Re: Climbing Ropes 11/24/2008 09:35 PM CST
I braided a rope which worked.

Re: Climbing Ropes 11/24/2008 10:48 PM CST
Nice to know, thanks.