character progression 06/23/2008 06:05 PM CDT
hey, i was bored today and decided to take a look at previous logs and compare my stats to see how my ranger has changed through the months.

I started my "out of combat" training on the 1st day of June, trying to prepare for the new reqs. Here are my top 10 skills then and now:

xxx1st June23rd June
1HidingHarness Ability
2StalkingPrimary Magic
3Harness AbilityHiding
4Primary MagicStalking
5Shield UsageClimbing
6EvasionPerception
7Leather ArmorStealing
8SkinningShield Usage
9Heavy ThrownScouting
10Twohanded EdgedPower Perceive

My top five gained skills were:
Stealing (by a large margin!)
Climbing
Magical Devices
Scouting
Swimming

Ok, i know this info probably has no meaning to anyone but me but i still thought i'd post and maybe encourage others to do the same so we can compare :D Would be nice to see what skills you guys focus on at different circles and see how other people play/train :)

My logs go back to 1st of April so i'll go crunch some numbers and post again with more complete info :D
Re: character progression 06/23/2008 06:22 PM CDT
I know I've been tracking skills since I came back a couple months ago (ranks and all into a seperate log file). My most gained skills at the moment are I believe Stealing (nearing 200 ranks gained in the last month? love how easy this is to work right now), swimming (super easy to lock where I am, love it), perc/scout/climb (not sure order of these 3 atm).

But my top skills are still the same: Hiding, evasion, stalking, First Aid, Leather, Parry, medium edged, multi, perc/longbow/heavy chain (these 3 are all right about on top of each other).
Re: character progression 06/23/2008 06:24 PM CDT
Oh.. I always forget the tert magics. Guess PM/Harn have to go into mine between Leather and Parry.
Re: character progression 06/23/2008 06:26 PM CDT
<<nearing 200 ranks gained in the last month>>
Holy crap! More then 6 ranks a day!

Ackfer - Halfling in a Can, No Fillers Here!
Re: character progression 06/23/2008 06:30 PM CDT
Here it is. 1st of May was missing so i used the next possible one, 8th of May (had logs turned off for some reason...)

xxx1st April8th May1st June23rd June
circle33445151
1Primary MagicHidingHidingHarness Ability
2Harness AbilityStalkingStalkingPrimary Magic
3ClimbingHarness AbilityHarness AbilityHiding
4HidingPrimary MagicPrimary MagicStalking
5StalkingShield UsageShield UsageClimbing
6Shield UsageEvasionEvasionPerception
7Leather ArmorSkinningLeather ArmorStealing
8ScoutingLeather ArmorSkinningShield Usage
9ForagingMulti OpponentHeavy ThrownScouting
10SwimmingTwohanded EdgedTwohanded EdgedPower Perceive

Re: character progression 06/23/2008 06:38 PM CDT
<<nearing 200 ranks gained in the last month

Wow... and i thought i had stolen a lot! I gained 115 since 1st of June. Was 122 and now is 237. The shopkeepers can smell me from distance already (but they cant see me Mwahahah)
Re: character progression 06/23/2008 06:39 PM CDT
>Holy crap! More then 6 ranks a day!

Think it's closer to 5.5 or a little over per day, but yes.

The first day I got my script put together and ran it, I went from 63 to to 75 or some such? I'd have to go back and look.. my excel file has a huge list of stealing ranks by date and time :/

Survival prime with that secondary pool is just so insanely sick I can't believe it.
Re: character progression 06/23/2008 06:48 PM CDT
<<Survival prime with that secondary pool is just so insanely sick I can't believe it.

Plus, we started stealing with already very superior hiding and stalking to begin with. And 3 spells that help (EM, SOTT and WOTP). This lets us steal considerably over our heads and get good exp :D
My stealing run takes 12 minutes (51 items from 13 shops) and keeps me mind locked for an hour!
Re: character progression 06/23/2008 06:56 PM CDT
>Plus, we started stealing with already very superior hiding and stalking to begin with. And 3 spells that help (EM, SOTT and WOTP). This lets us steal considerably over our heads and get good exp :D

and add in (if your like me) being willing to toss out cash on cj's.. yep. stealing over my head is all I do.

CS helps too if you're willing to run around with held mana. And can easily find a warmie to cast suf (or marry a warmie). Plenty of ways to make stealing move fast.
Re: character progression 06/24/2008 08:15 AM CDT
Stats like this are always fun (at least I think they are). As soon as Z finalizes our reqs, I'll do my "post your top 10" again.

~Hanryu Ves'Shomis
Sword of House Calibanor, Emerald Knight, Keeper of the CEC, Ranger
http://drplat.com/CombatEquipmentCompendium.xls
Re: character progression 06/24/2008 12:28 PM CDT
Just wanted to note that my skill differ may help with the number crunching. ;]

- Saracus

Skill Differ: http://xamlcoder.com/dr/skilldiff.aspx
Re: character progression 06/24/2008 03:05 PM CDT
awesome tool!