Re: Show me the numbers 05/02/2007 03:14 PM CDT
Hanryu you read my mind! I was just gonna suggest this.

So...

Name: Zinaca Trailnight
Race: Human
Server: Prime
Circle: 58

Top 10 Skills:
Hiding
Evasion
Leather Armor
Medium Edged
Parry Ability
Stalking
Skinning
First Aid
Perception
Long Bow

Rank Spread: 57
Ranks Per Circle: 96
Stat Average: (sum stats/8) 30
Stat Spread: (top stat-bottom stat: 2

Looking forward to your analysis! I love seeing the numbers and finding out how my brother and sister rangers are training!

Zinaca
Re: Show me the numbers 05/02/2007 03:36 PM CDT
> Looking forward to your analysis! I love seeing the numbers and finding out how my brother and sister rangers are training!

Yea me too! For those of you new to this, the following Insults and Awards are to be taken tongue in cheek. All good fun.

So far with 14 prime-ates and 4 TFers reporting we've got

Ackolon(tf) as the highest ranger and highest Human.
Vision(tf) as the highest Skra.
Rizitel as the highest Elf.
Alexii as the highest Rakash.
Rejik as the highest Prydaen
Hanryu as the highest Kaldar.

Hanryu needs to stop training like a sissah paladin in plate armor and work that heavy edge. (Armor ranks/circle = 70% more than the next closes ranger.)

Overall Top 10
Foraging (9/18 have this in their top 10)
Leather
PM
Climbing
Stalking
Harness
Scouting
Evasion
Hiding
Perception (17/18 have this in their top 10, Webba needs to train those snake-y eyes!)

Veloric is currently our Ranger-liest Ranger, with all 10 of his Top 10 in the overall Top 10!

Special props to Arai for joining me in the Harome Club (shield in the top 10).

And Lhun is currently in the lead for craziest Ranger, with 4 magics, 2 lores, and STEALING in his to 10! Yo, go skin something and forage a little (and not in my pockets!) why don't cha? :p

~Ranger Hanryu, Sword of House Calibanor
Keeper of the CEC
http://www.kynevon.info/CombatEquipmentCompendium.xls
Re: Show me the numbers 05/02/2007 03:57 PM CDT
>>Webba needs to train those snake-y eyes!)<<

::sobs:: this is so true!

Da Madd Webba

How you expect to run with the wolves come night when you spend all day sportin' with puppies?

You might as well pay attention since your behind can't afford free speech

I'm like a pee stained mattress, don't sleep on me!
Re: Show me the numbers 05/02/2007 05:53 PM CDT
>Rizitel as the highest Elf.

In terms of what? I'm only circle 80 and there are tons of elves way better than me in almost everything (except animal lore, sitting on 481 in that).
Re: Show me the numbers 05/02/2007 06:03 PM CDT
Not a ranger, but was curious to see how I stacked up...

Name: Maulem
Race: Kaldaran
Circle: 50

Top 10 Skills:
Longbow
Parry
HC
ME
Evasion
Shield
Multi
Appraisal
Perception
Skinning

Rank Spread: 88
Ranks Per Circle: 133
Stat Average: (sum stats/8) 28.9
Stat Spread: (top stat-bottom stat: 5

War Hawk Maulem~

Read the Barbarian Seven!
http://tinyurl.com/gksan
Re: Show me the numbers 05/02/2007 07:15 PM CDT
Thanks Hanryu, always fun to do this, I'm nearly ashamed how little I train, but its just a game after all ;) Looks like i'm losing most balanced in stats.

Name: Shinumo Durpent
Race: Elf
Circle: 62 yeah i told ya i'm slow

Top 10 Skills:
perception
forage
mech
scout
hide
harness
climb
swim
skin
longbow

Rank Spread: 161 (ouch)
Ranks Per Circle: 123.8
Stat Average: (sum stats/8) 33.375
Stat Spread: (top stat-bottom stat: 10 agility-charisma/stamina)
Re: Show me the numbers 05/02/2007 08:07 PM CDT
>Rizitel as the highest Elf.

>In terms of what? I'm only circle 80 and there are tons of elves way better than me in almost everything (except animal lore, sitting on 481 in that).

I believe he means the highest circle reporting Elf.

-Vision et al

Also, I can shoot bees.
Re: Show me the numbers 05/02/2007 08:49 PM CDT
>>except animal lore, sitting on 481 in that

Right, so ... I'm not catching up anytime soon, even if you did stop at 500 foraging. =P
Re: Show me the numbers 05/03/2007 06:36 AM CDT
I know I'm not the highest Rakash, heh. Maybe just the only one with a big enough ego to keep coming back to the forums. /cackle

From what I see I really need to step up in my magic and armor training. Since hitting the 50 mark I slipped into a long line of weapons backtraining in order to also backtrain up my escaping.

~
A scavenger troll strolls in, looks you squarely in the eye and sarcastically says, "Wow Alexii, another pile of faenrae leather breastplates. I dont know how to thank you."
Re: Show me the numbers 05/03/2007 10:10 AM CDT

Name: Cordin
Race: Human
Circle: 50

Top 10: Descending
Perception
Climbing
Evasion
Foraging
Medium Edged
Scouting
Leather Armor
Skinning
Parry Ability
Harness Ability

Rank Spread (Perception - Harness) 41

Ranks per Circle

Total: 5017
Survivals: 2190
Weapons: 1124
Armors: 408
Lores: 701
Magics: 594

Stat Average: 27.5
Stat Spread: 9
Re: Show me the numbers 05/03/2007 11:36 AM CDT
Frankly I am surprised more rangers don't have shield in their top 10. Armor secondary, hello? Not to mention the convience of armworn, I train mine with my 2HE!

-arai
Re: Show me the numbers 05/03/2007 12:13 PM CDT
A lot of older rangers probably didnt train shield to begin with in their life times because of the old training 'paradigm' for guilds. And while shield is good, its harder for them to back train it because their first checked defense is also their best one, so it requires more intervention on stances then it would for a classically train surv secondary/tert.

Farewell, remorse: all good to me is lost; Evil, be thou my good.
~Paradise Lost (bk. IX, l. 171)
Re: Show me the numbers 05/03/2007 03:44 PM CDT
>Frankly I am surprised more rangers don't have shield in their top 10.

My shield is the same as my parry...just neither are in my top 10. It seems evasion, hiding, stalking, leather armor have an easier time gaining ranks.
Re: Show me the numbers 05/03/2007 11:00 PM CDT
I wouldn't even know how to do whatever it is you are all doing. so I will say umm....hiding is my highest, and animal lore is my lowest. lol

Arctuniol

In an open world who needs Windows or Gates.
Re: Show me the numbers 05/04/2007 12:59 AM CDT
>>I wouldn't even know how to do whatever it is you are all doing.

Input your EXP ALL here:

http://www.olwydd.org/guilds/ranger/calc.php

It will tell you how many ranks you have in each skillset. If you want, you can divide those by your circle to get your ranks-per-circle, or just post your circle and Hanryu will do that for you.

Then find your top 10 skills and list them in order from highest to lowest, and subtract the 10th from the 1st for the "spread".

Lastly, add up all eight of your statistics and divide by eight to get your average statistic score.

Include your race and which server you play on (The Fallen, Prime, or Platinum).

I believe that covers it.
Re: Show me the numbers 05/04/2007 01:23 AM CDT
http://www.zairius.com/cgi-bin/circlecalc.cgi - this is a better calculator

Da Madd Webba

How you expect to run with the wolves come night when you spend all day sportin' with puppies?

Re: Show me the numbers 05/04/2007 10:04 AM CDT
>> this is a better calculator

Refuse to use that one for other reasons.
Re: Show me the numbers 05/04/2007 10:49 AM CDT
Why? Just wondering.

Da Madd Webba

Re: Show me the numbers 05/04/2007 11:47 AM CDT
Obviously, he and Zarius dated and it ended on bad terms.

Farewell, remorse: all good to me is lost; Evil, be thou my good.
~Paradise Lost (bk. IX, l. 171)
Re: Show me the numbers 05/04/2007 08:40 PM CDT
Personally, I think they are both dumb.
Re: Show me the numbers 05/05/2007 09:23 PM CDT
Hanryu, I love you for doing this from time to time...but we don't have nearly enough folks responding and since they moved this thread here (where most never read), perhaps you could put a notice, an ad if you will in the general discussions, pointing out the way here and how a few times?

Also, do I not get a prize for the being the most well rounded in stats of those who posted? ::sniffles and preens a little::

I had no idea folks allowed their stats to get so unbalanced! As rangers we have to train everything--even charisma since it helps slightly with some spells.

Zinaca
Re: Show me the numbers 05/05/2007 10:12 PM CDT
>>I had no idea folks allowed their stats to get so unbalanced! As rangers we have to train everything--even charisma since it helps slightly with some spells.

I do not know about everyone else, but I didn't start having 20 point gaps until all of my stats were over 30. Balanced enough for me.
Re: Show me the numbers 05/06/2007 07:24 AM CDT
>Hanryu, I love you for doing this from time to time...but we don't have nearly enough folks responding and since they moved this thread here (where most never read), perhaps you could put a notice, an ad if you will in the general discussions, pointing out the way here and how a few times?

I'll try it. But you also have to remember we just have a lot less people around (particularly on these boards) than we did even a year ago.

>I had no idea folks allowed their stats to get so unbalanced! As rangers we have to train everything--even charisma since it helps slightly with some spells.

This is my spread, 20 between strength and charisma. I just see no need to train it. I rarely sit in a class, I already take 6 hours to depart, I don't use our broken beseeches, and since they won't tell us what the plan is for SvX spells, I'm betting that rangers won't even be allowed to have offensive magic. Or if we do, we'll have to train TM (agil/discipline based, not charisma). So why not put those TDPs into something useful?

>I do not know about everyone else, but I didn't start having 20 point gaps until all of my stats were over 30.

That was my initial perception as well.

~Ranger Hanryu, Sword of House Calibanor
Keeper of the CEC
http://www.kynevon.info/CombatEquipmentCompendium.xls
Re: Show me the numbers 05/06/2007 08:28 AM CDT
Hey Zinaca, i'll give you my prize for bein most balanced last time around. You will enjoy your new prize as much as i did, its...praise. good work :) i also didn't push any of my stats more than 2pts above any other until I got everything to 30, kinda wishin i hadn't pumped agility now and stayed more balanced, at least in regards to stamina. ME is no longer an easy skill for me train. Funny how i've been playin on and off for 6+ years but seem to never get ahead. I remember pumpin str really hard in the beginning to get that min rt with 28 ston bastie, then the rt change so i worked up agility, now the stamina change means i need to push it up above 30, prolly to the 36 - 40 range i'm guessing if i want to effectivily use my new 45 stone bastie. Sorry for the aside, something thats bothering me since the change. Anyways I still pretty much subscribe to Jents theory of rangers keeping their stats balanced, pretty sure i remember him saying not to let any one stat get more than 7 pts ahead of anyother stat. Time to circle and fill the gaps i suppose.
shinumo
Re: Show me the numbers 05/06/2007 11:05 AM CDT
>now the stamina change means i need to push it up above 30, prolly to the 36 - 40 range i'm guessing if i want to effectivily use my new 45 stone bastie.

My 38 strength works with a 51 stone claymore.

>Anyways I still pretty much subscribe to Jents theory of rangers keeping their stats balanced, pretty sure i remember him saying not to let any one stat get more than 7 pts ahead of anyother stat.

I wasn't around for the glorious days of Jent, but I'm quite certain the game has changed a lot since then.
Re: Show me the numbers 05/06/2007 04:13 PM CDT
<<Anyways I still pretty much subscribe to Jents theory of rangers keeping their stats balanced, pretty sure i remember him saying not to let any one stat get more than 7 pts ahead of anyother stat.>>

Yeah, Shinumo, I remember that too and try to follow it. You and me are in the same boat, exactly. I just barely have my stats all at 30 or above except for 1 stat which is 1 point behind everything else, (one stat is 1 point higher than 30).

And playing for so long and hardly moving along has been my frustration too. I do circle...but I always feel like I am swimming upstream against a powerful current.

Thanks for the praise though...I take your prize anytime! : D

So I guess you and me have the fun of trying to keep our stats balanced at over 30 points. Up to now it hasn't been that hard, guess once over 30 or there abouts, it gets harder.

And Hanryu charisma really is worth training....why think how much more charming and attractive you will be to all the critters and lure them to their deaths!

Also, I'm pretty sure when/if the companion rewrite takes place, charisma will be vital to how we can interact with our companions. After all, the last thing I wanna do, is snarl and hiss at my new eagle komodo dragon or whatever. I would much rather be able to befriend such.

On a side note---what happened to all the posters? Is it because we have no board monitor? Is it because Edahla left?

Zinaca
Re: Show me the numbers 05/11/2007 12:01 PM CDT
Silveroak
Elf
Prime
Circle 30 (aka: The youngest)

Top 10 skills, (includes all skills, descending list preferred, please specify)

Scouting
Perception
Evasion
Primary Magic
Harness Ability
Medium Edged
Hiding
Skinning
Power Perceive
Leather Armor

Rank Spread (Scouting - Leather) 38

Ranks per Circle (or just total ranks if you've posted your circle)

Total : 74.8
Armor : 5.1
Weapons : 15.4
Magic : 11.7
Survival : 34.9
Lore : 7.6

Stat average (sum stats/8) : 19.9
Stat spread (Agility - Charisma) : 5

Ranger Silveroak, Elf-Forest Clan
"Now then, please take your gear, your quiver and your bow, and go out to the field and hunt game for me..." Genesis 27:3