New wood types 01/01/2007 12:19 AM CST
Anyone have anything on the new wood types? What you can make out of them and their quality?

Gimlias Minas-Tirith
Box Seller
The Dragon's Egg
http://www.geocities.com/drboxes

"I won't learn anything - even if I arrange and try to skin it with a trader's caravan" ~From skinning debate
Re: New wood types 01/01/2007 10:18 AM CST
Forgenash has made some VERY pretty bows from bloodwood. I'm looking forward to being able to obtain a few of the other wood types myself- someday...

Ryeka and the brood

Sometimes the key to happiness is not assuming it is locked in the first place- Ziggy

A journey of a thousand SMILES begins with a single step- Ziggy
Re: New wood types 01/01/2007 01:47 PM CST
bloodwood isn't as new as copperwood and the others. To my knowledge bloodwood caps as high as mistwood. So, does anyone have any info other the other wood types?

Gimlias Minas-Tirith
Box Seller
The Dragon's Egg
http://www.geocities.com/drboxes

"I won't learn anything - even if I arrange and try to skin it with a trader's caravan" ~From skinning debate
Re: New wood types 01/01/2007 01:52 PM CST
Silverwood and copperwood cap above bloodwood/mistwood. I can't remember the foraging requirement.

Range Master Dragamar, Recluse of Aesry Sulaenis'a
Brother Urio, Follower of Urrem'tier
Cadet Ltorilu, Up and Coming Paladin
Re: New wood types 01/01/2007 02:08 PM CST
Silverwood and copperwood make 60 point longbows, and bloodwood and mistwood do 56.

Copperwood and silverwood are only around in Autumn/Winter and silverwood requires a moon I believe. Don't know about mistwood and bloodwood other than bloodwood requires a moon as well...

If you're trying to train foraging, you're better off using something more attainable year round.
Re: New wood types 01/04/2007 12:20 AM CST
Pretty much what he said. Copperwood is found in the fall season. Silverwood is found in the winter, under Xibar's light. Both cap the same, but both are slightly higher than mist/bloodwood.

~Van