Question on Longbows 06/09/2009 12:26 PM CDT
I have a capped silverwood hunter's longbow and a capped silverwood longbow they appraise as 5200 and 6000 respectively. Now I've been testing them on Geni's to see which really does work better. With full prep STW up and full aim I kill the Geni with the same three hits with the normal capped longbow. But with the hunter's longbow I kill them in two. How is the possible? I was under the impression the higher the point the higher the damage. I am not sniping or even hiding. Any other thoughts on this would be appreciated.
Re: Question on Longbows 06/09/2009 02:08 PM CDT
On the off chance that it was not obvious, are you taking into account randomness (by replicating numerous times) and limb shots (two capped limb shots is never going to kill anything due to vitality loss caps)?
Re: Question on Longbows 06/09/2009 03:20 PM CDT
>How is the possible?
>I was under the impression the higher the point the higher the damage.

Compare the two bows. You'll notice they compare as having the same balance and suitability. A capped hunters and a capped regular are both capped at the same rank, the value difference doesn't reflect a difference in power between them. Different values, same skill to cap.

And like the other person said. Make sure it's a real test and not count kills that had a limb shot (a test has to be a lot more than just 4 or 5 critters to show a trend).