If you had it to do all over again... 07/10/2010 07:17 AM CDT
Which would you pick for your second spell? I picked SOP for my first.

Forestwalker's Boon
See the Wind
Hands of Lirisa
Earth Meld
Compost
Eagle's Cry

Thanks,
Echena
Re: If you had it to do all over again... 07/10/2010 07:57 AM CDT
STW if you use bows
Re: If you had it to do all over again... 07/10/2010 10:14 AM CDT
STW is also a great second choice because it is the prereq for a LOT of spells and it also helps thrown.

-pete
Re: If you had it to do all over again... 07/10/2010 10:14 AM CDT
>>Forestwalker's Boon

I do not personally find a use for this spell as it is, so I will leave that to other Rangers.

>>See the Wind

Good spell if you use ranged (which you should, even if it is not your primary weapon). Required in order to use a bow without a penalty while wearing a small shield. Fairly easy to cap.

>>Hands of Lirisa

Good spell if you need help skinning. Required in order to load more than one arrow at a time if you have 201+ ranks in long bow, short bow, or composite bow. Probably the easiest spell to cap.

>>Earth Meld

Boosts hiding, fairly easy to cast. Very good spell.

>>Compost

Might be useful if you are having mana troubles, but it is one of the less used spells. It is required for Branch Break, though.

>>Eagle's Cry

Nifty spell, and required for Devitalize, which has awesome messaging. I do recommend training Targeted Magic, however, Energy Bolt (which you already have) should be okay for that. I would say it is probably better to pick up all the useful skill-boosting and statistic-contested spells first.
Re: If you had it to do all over again... 07/10/2010 10:16 AM CDT
>>STW is also a great second choice because it is the prereq for a LOT of spells and it also helps thrown.

Oh, and this. STW is required for 12 of the other spells.