OK... first post... 06/15/2007 06:32 PM CDT
I've been reading the hunting discussions on the boards here, and everything is waaaay over my head to the point I'm wondering if there are many really young ones around. I'm between 30 and 40 in most weapons/armor stats (circle 11) and not learning too much in dryads. I'm avoiding the Moss Meys and Bone Wolves until I get some advice, but I'm wondering where I can have some fun learning without getting smooshed. Hard to find empaths, and the town empath in Leth seems to be lazy and the one in Shard creeps me out. I'm not sure they get all the internal twitches either.

Anyway, while I run into people in the hunting grounds on occasion it can be a challenge to get their attention to discuss options. I'm still learning a small amount from boggle/kobold/dryad boxes, but not much.

...rambling now.... :mutters:

Widg Wollifoot, Olvi Ranger and smoking fool
Re: OK... first post... 06/15/2007 07:19 PM CDT
Are you trying to stay in Leth/Shard? If not you'd still learn from Cougars in crossing and eels as well

Jaedren says, "Alas, no Khri Ronco (Set it and forget it!). Woe."
Re: OK... first post... 06/16/2007 02:06 AM CDT
Thanks... been thinking of heading back to Crossing and I did spend awhile in Haven.
Haven't tried Langenfirth yet but I hear it's a ranger area... been reading the fishing posts and was thinking of giving that a try too. Just wondering if there are critters my size in that area.

I appreciate any and all advice...

Widge Woolyfoot (just learning to spell...)
Re: OK... first post... 06/16/2007 07:56 AM CDT
If you head up to Lang i think kelpies might be in that range

Jaedren says, "Alas, no Khri Ronco (Set it and forget it!). Woe."
Re: OK... first post... 06/16/2007 08:14 AM CDT
At your levels, my chars were learning from pots and badgers. You don't want anything to do with the meys: They would smoosh you, and are non-corpereal undead anyway.

And yes, you would learn from cougars. But watch out for swarms.

Ryeka and the brood

Sometimes the key to happiness is not assuming it is locked in the first place- Ziggy

A journey of a thousand SMILES begins with a single step- Ziggy
Re: OK... first post... 06/16/2007 11:39 AM CDT
I'd second the eels suggestion, but with caution if you have some defenses still in the 30s or low 40s, since they tend to swarm and its hard to retreat. There's eels in Shard too, if you want to stay there, but the road to the area is treacherous.

If you want boxes, maybe try the grendel/wood troll area outside the Crossing northeast gate?
Re: OK... first post... 06/16/2007 06:21 PM CDT
eels in crossing is definately needed before you try bonewolves. but bonewolves is a great area to get your combats to approximately 70 ranks, then you can hit bloodwolves up by theren or on aesry. Good thing about aesry is there are bobcats there too, so you can hit them for lower weapons. Plus proximiately to the guild is the best for rangers in bloodwolves, and aesry is just great for other survivals <climb and swim>. theres 1 place to train scouting i know of, not sure on others. I think olwydds might have it on that site.

<<If nothing else, maybe some Magic Using guilds will now feel the joys of "You cannot steal here.", at least for a while.--Solomon>>
Re: OK... first post... 06/17/2007 12:10 AM CDT
Thanks all... this is really helpful.
I did get a chance to speak to a few rangers in the Crossing guild (after getting my 3rd spell!) and now I'm hunting cougars while dodging ogres working on my climbing.

Then it's off to Lang to do some fishing! and maybe the eels in Haven on the way.

Also... just gave my first smoking lessons tonight. Makes getting all those images to expert teacher worth it.

Widg Woolyfoot, Olvi Ranger and smoking fool