besides classes, where to get escaping? 09/08/2006 10:17 AM CDT
i tried the road to leth, 10 tries and no webs.. tried the caves in aesry, plenty of webs, but hard to learn when ya dead. havent gotten webbed in haven yet. since it seems to be counting on my survival exp, where can we train this?
Re: besides classes, where to get escaping? 09/08/2006 10:40 AM CDT
try dusk ogres out of haven west gate. however, they only teach to 30 ranks. there is a big gap though between dusk ogres and the next critter that teaches - unyns in the aesry caves, or the critters in the leth mansion.

"Word on the street is, ya been lookin' out for the best interests of the Guild."
Re: besides classes, where to get escaping? 09/08/2006 10:44 AM CDT
by the way, it isn't the dusk ogres themselves that teach it, it is "tripping" over the roots in the northern part of theit hunting area, past the tunnel. :-)

"Word on the street is, ya been lookin' out for the best interests of the Guild."
Re: besides classes, where to get escaping? 09/08/2006 10:47 AM CDT
At what circle can you "safely" tool around in Dusk Ogres?

Are there plans to make escaping more viable to learn at lower circle? As in 1st-10th? I would have liked to use it early on, but that just didn't seem like an option to me when I can't even handle a grendel. I know you can go get stuck in webs or in muck... but that really hasn't worked for me as a viable learning method. Unless I'm doing it wrong.

Kurako
Re: besides classes, where to get escaping? 09/08/2006 11:13 AM CDT
<<Are there plans to make escaping more viable to learn at lower circle? As in 1st-10th? I would have liked to use it early on, but that just didn't seem like an option to me when I can't even handle a grendel. I know you can go get stuck in webs or in muck... but that really hasn't worked for me as a viable learning method. Unless I'm doing it wrong.>>

My recommendation is to walk back and forth in the lava area of the NTR. You lean escaping by digging yourself out of the mud. The road to leth has the web, but it happens less frequently then the roots in Dusk Ogres. The last place I'm aware of is Theren Keep. But I would do that later, I understand the critters are tough for lower circles.

In NTR and Leth Road just move in and out of the room. In Dusk Ogres and Theren Keep, just dance in the room (dance silly or something) until you get stuck.

Gahlron Dragon'Claws
Ranger
~Everything's better with gravy~
Re: besides classes, where to get escaping? 09/08/2006 11:50 AM CDT
At lower circles there's not a lot of places that you can learn escaping at without dieing. If you can handle the dusk ogres combat wise that would probably be the best for right now.

Once you can safely handle a couple of blood wolves you can go to Theren keep and fight the spiders under there. That place has webs you get stuck in.

Then once you can handle a unyn you can go to the mistwood forest trail and fight the unyn's there. (I'd try like one at a time though, to start.) The unyns will web you. Think they cap at about 50 in escaping or so.

After that you can go to the manor south of Leth. You need to be able to handle 2-3 unyns at a time before you do that, however. You also need a fair amount of climbing to climb in (160+ I think). There's a very hard puzzle to avoid the climbing if you can figure that out. Also use blunts and jabbing weapons in there as the Karts there are resistent to slicing weapons. Although bows work well there. You can learn well over 100 lessons in escaping there.

Bluefalcon
Re: besides classes, where to get escaping? 09/08/2006 12:08 PM CDT
Thanks Bluefalcon, much better than my suggestions. My only question is, aside from unyuns, what do we use escaping for? What is the benefit that evasion doesn't provide?

Gahlron Dragon'Claws
Ranger
~Everything's better with gravy~
Re: besides classes, where to get escaping? 09/08/2006 01:08 PM CDT
And remember that there are the occassional wolf spiders in with the Duskies, which you won't be able to touch. Weapons and defenses need to be at least half again what I know you have right now (minimum) unless you can avoid the critters. That gets challenging when you are stuck for up to 30 seconds. You drop that a second for each rank. At 30 ranks you may still see messaging that you are stuck but you "instantly" have overcome it.

Daereth
Re: besides classes, where to get escaping? 09/08/2006 02:09 PM CDT
<<Thanks Bluefalcon, much better than my suggestions. My only question is, aside from unyuns, what do we use escaping for? What is the benefit that evasion doesn't provide?>>

Not a darn thing right now except for TDP's that I know of. Errr well the more escaping you have the faster you escape webs. But, in general it's a sorta useless skill. We were told (4 years ago?) that there would be creatures and places that you would need escaping in order to survive against/from.

I know the slavers in M'sparii use nets but I dont think you need escaping to survive there. Hopefully, the new province will have things like this in place for us.

Bluefalcon
Re: besides classes, where to get escaping? 09/08/2006 06:50 PM CDT
For escaping the order for the most efficient escape learning would be 1-15 wolf spiders,15-30 ranks Dusk Ogres,30-90 past Coriks Wall.By then with a bit of planning you should be ready for Leth Manor which seems to work till 200 ranks or more.
Re: besides classes, where to get escaping? 09/09/2006 07:23 AM CDT
Make that 300 or more.

~Dulcinia

"Let me give ya a quick mental, A cozy Inn....doors locked....a bard outside the window playing some mood music....some scented candels....a couple glasses of wine....you..me both butt naked and a jar of gortog scalp wax." -- Jrendel
Re: besides classes, where to get escaping? 09/11/2006 11:16 PM CDT
>Make that 300 or more.
Don't say that. I already feel like I'm never going to leave this damn place.

Jal

>You've gained a new rank in your ability to steal.