swimming 04/12/2005 05:44 PM CDT
where in crossing can one train swimming past 73? i am not a premie
Re: swimming 04/12/2005 07:11 PM CDT
The brook out in between goblins and cougars might teach you... But I think you're getting up towards the end of it's lifespan. Not sure really when it stops teaching. I'd say a trip is in order, Lang is always nice this time of year, hehe...

-Vision

This is smooth. Super smooth. If pudding could doodie, it wouldn't come out this smooth.
Re: swimming 04/12/2005 07:18 PM CDT
You can try swimming the river to Haven. You won't make it but it should teach you as long as you can swim north once and then south again. Just make sure you have as little weight as possible.

Calissa
Re: swimming 04/15/2005 10:49 PM CDT
What's the round about number for swimming that river with no encumbrance anyway? No spells, etc...

Hawkman

"B. R."
Re: swimming 04/15/2005 11:01 PM CDT
As a ranger I'd say 90 to 100, plus or minus a few depending on some stats. just a guess though.

< Moving with grace, you chop a bo stick at a brown bear. A brown bear fails to dodge. The stick lands a strong hit that vaporizes the skull into a fine scarlet mist (Mom would not be pleased!).
Kryllok...poking bears with sticks since 314
Re: swimming 04/15/2005 11:04 PM CDT
By the way, Swimmo, you still around? Just curious on that. Been a long long time really...

Hawkman

"B. R."
Re: swimming 04/15/2005 11:05 PM CDT
Hiya Hawkman! Well I was able to finally do it around 110 with 20 strength. I'm not sure how much easier higher strength makes it. Really the hardest part is right by the rock where you swim northwest.

Calissa
Re: swimming 04/15/2005 11:12 PM CDT
Hi Hi Calissa, yep, that's what I remember, the hardest part being by the rock. Go figure, if you don't swim well enough, you're stuck between a rock and a hard place.

(Forgive me if you've already heard that one)

Hawkman

"B. R."
Re: swimming 04/16/2005 12:01 AM CDT
>>Hawkman By the way, Swimmo, you still around? Just curious on that. Been a long long time really...

I do not remember a post saying he left, but we did lose a large group of players (Krinahd is the only name that comes to mind right now) to the World of Warcraft game, probably Guild Wars too. Whether they return or not remains to be seen.

Signed,
The Shield Crafter
Harome, until our next encounter
Founder of the unlicensed Craftsman business, The Circle of the Serpent.
CotS catalogue at http://mysite.verizon.net/vze1o6qk/circleoftheserpent/
Re: swimming 04/16/2005 02:03 PM CDT
They all come back eventually.

~Dulcinia

I've been through diamonds
I've been through minks
I've been through it all
Love stinks
Re: swimming 04/16/2005 02:12 PM CDT
Yeah I'll be checkin out Guild Wars this month, already been there, done that, and sold from WoW. Haven't seen Nimmo IG or on AIM since I got back though last month.

-Teeklin
Re: swimming 04/17/2005 01:13 PM CDT
I havent seen any rangers with his swimming on Yahoo Sales and he would have posted if he was leaving so Im sure its just a little break.
Re: swimming 08/31/2005 03:57 PM CDT
>>I havent seen any rangers with his swimming on Yahoo Sales and he would have posted if he was leaving so Im sure its just a little break.<<

I'm back, and i would never ever sell this character even though i got offered 2 grand for him, am i crazy to turn down that type of money? probally. You know what i put blood, sweat and tears into Nimmo. It is not only a character to me but he is a part of my life. The bonds that were developed with that character and other people in game will never change.

To me the friends i've made over the years and the experiences i've gone through with them, whether good or bad surpasses anything i've gone through. Going to Simucons is an experience in itself and it sucks seeing names i've known all my game life on different faces, folks you will never see anyone have a nimmo tag on unless it is me.
Re: swimming 08/31/2005 05:11 PM CDT
<-Nimmo's Post-<<

good to see yer around!

-kivi
Re: swimming 08/31/2005 05:13 PM CDT
Go Go Nimmo!

Sometime ago I was reading backposts and stumbled across all your swimming achievments. Keep at it ;)

So I asked this God a question
and by way of firm reply,
He said: "I'm not the kind you have to wind up on Sundays".
Re: swimming 01/26/2006 02:07 PM CST
Strip down naked and head north to the Faldesu... just swim northeast and southeast, or north and south... it'll take awhile, but you'll learn somethin'.

"I'm not a thief, just a ranger with a hobby." - Kayasha
Re: swimming 01/26/2006 02:34 PM CST
Swimming is of the devil!

Circle: 34

SKILL: Rank/Percent towards next rank/Amount learning
Swimming: 67 13.72% clear

Time Development Points: 188 Favors: 7 Deaths: 49
Overall state of mind: clear
EXP HELP for more information

You are wearing a leather cuff embroidered with the words "No Ranger stands alone."
Re: swimming 01/26/2006 04:54 PM CST
>>Rantjur

A) Show some respect for Swimmo!
B) Use the TDPs.

- Xelten Tyrsin
Re: swimming 01/27/2006 11:56 AM CST
Good god Rantjur afraid of water? Had that many ranks by 10th and that was years and years ago when there were many fewer places to learn the skill. Still number 1 in my survivals too.

Daereth
Re: swimming 02/06/2006 05:32 PM CST
Just find swimming boring is all. As for the TDPs, just circled, aint had time to use em yet. intend to, though!

You are wearing a leather cuff embroidered with the words "No Ranger stands alone."
swimming 04/11/2007 03:49 PM CDT
does having swimming at 120+ help avoid wait times for barges and ships?
Re: swimming 04/11/2007 03:54 PM CDT
It'll help avoid the wait time for the ferry to Riverhaven because you can swim across the river instead. Other than that, no, swimming skill has no effect on wait times for barges or ferries or anything like that.

________
"Just an observation, but you do not seem to know what you are talking about, and the things you say seem generally unintelligent."
Re: swimming 04/11/2007 04:14 PM CDT
>>It'll help avoid the wait time for the ferry to Riverhaven because you can swim across the river instead. Other than that, no, swimming skill has no effect on wait times for barges or ferries or anything like that.

Actually, if you have superhuman strength you can swim to the boat really fast, tie a bundling rope to it, and drag it back to the dock where you can board it quicker.
Re: swimming 04/11/2007 05:04 PM CDT
As a Ranger, given enough scouting and swimming, you can get from Therengia to the Crossing without ever setting foot on a barge or ferry. If the Selgotha were swimmable, you would be able to go from Therengia to Apes in P5 without needing to set foot on any man-made contraptions.

-Teeklin
Listing your current khri....
#1 Support #2 Safe #3 Sidestep
#4 Silence #5 Stealth #6 Strike
#7 Snipe #8 Senses #9 Sane
#10 Speed #11 Skulk #12 Spar
#13 Sight #14 Spot
Re: swimming 04/12/2007 11:19 AM CDT
why scout when walking is faster? besides to train it of course...
Re: swimming 04/12/2007 11:32 AM CDT
well, walking shouldn't be faster... but yeah, scouting needs some love
Re: swimming 04/12/2007 05:15 PM CDT
it depends. if you have the locations down - don't ask, i don't quite have the knack of these yet, getting back and forth to rossmans with scouting should be quicker than taking the ropes with the rts.

"Word on the street is, ya been lookin' out for the best interests of the Guild."
Re: swimming 04/13/2007 02:57 AM CDT
Rossmans to Theren is the only example of scouting being useful. There should be more such benefits.
Re: swimming 04/13/2007 11:08 AM CDT
I'd like a trail bypassing the gondola.

________
"Just an observation, but you do not seem to know what you are talking about, and the things you say seem generally unintelligent."
Re: swimming 04/13/2007 11:11 AM CDT
Already have one. Just get 400 climbing and SPC.

-Teeklin
Listing your current khri....
#1 Support #2 Safe #3 Sidestep
#4 Silence #5 Stealth #6 Strike
#7 Snipe #8 Senses #9 Sane
#10 Speed #11 Skulk #12 Spar
#13 Sight #14 Spot
Re: swimming 04/13/2007 11:26 AM CDT
Or how about a trail from Zoluren or Therengia into Forfehdar?

Also I think the trails on Aesry would be very useful.

Nikpack
player of Celeiros

-At the cleric meeting-
DARTENIAN says, "I think we all need to get down and pray for bit-based experience."
>DARTENIAN clears his throat.
Re: swimming 04/13/2007 11:28 AM CDT
I don't know if any trails have been put into P5 yet.

But yes, those would be extremely useful.

"Word on the street is, ya been lookin' out for the best interests of the Guild."
Re: swimming 04/13/2007 12:17 PM CDT
<<Just get 400 climbing

Showoff.

________
Re: swimming 04/13/2007 12:58 PM CDT
>I don't know if any trails have been put into P5 yet.

Nope.