hello about rangers and there pets.. 12/09/2017 05:15 AM CST
was kind of wondering this im sure you all been asked 1000 times and don,t want to have you deal with a ton of people spamming about it i was wondering if any thought has been giving to making the ranger companions more like the kitten pigs and rats and other pets running around out there. i ask cause i understood why it worked back in the day the way it does when there was a skill we had to learn attached to them but its gone now. just kind of wondering about it cause it rely seems like a dead thing within the guild i my self only pull it out when i need the extra appraise skill for scouting from it other then that its not worth having around and now with hunt teaching scouting the way it does you don't even rely need it for that anymore. so what i was wondering is had anyone thought about it or is it just to imbeded with in the other code to rely be worked on? i have heard mention of changing it over the years but it seems nothing ever comes of it its still as broke as it was when it was first release 10 or 13 odd years ago and has only every rely been worked on once that i can think of when wolfs was add other then that nothing has been done with it.
if its to imbeded in the code to work with could you all maybe thing about making a new version of it. as it sits now only people who even mess with them anymore is people who just hit the level to get it they get one find it sucks and thats about that. hope to hear a reply of some kind about this like i said been talked about over the years but nothing ever comes of it. and if there is no real plan to ever fix or change the system could you at least say so rather then lead us on cause it seems like thats what the deal as been for years now. thank you
Re: hello about rangers and there pets.. 12/09/2017 09:16 AM CST

Personally, I'd wait until zombies are released and then ask for your own combat pet that's a clone of this process. You'd need a spell that lets you heal them though, or let empaths heal them like the NPCs from the MT quests. Same for warrior mages, although they could just resummon theirs.
Re: hello about rangers and there pets.. 12/09/2017 01:15 PM CST
never once did i say it needed to be a combat pet or anything like that ranger should not need a pet for combat. i mean like i said make it like rats pig and other things that would make it at least somthing usable rather then what it is now something no one uses and when they do they get mad. asking for it to be a combat pet is just greedy. people pushing stupid stuff like that is why nothing gets done. keep it with in some kind real thing not some hay lets do this or hay lets do this how about just something that would work where it does not run away after spending days working on it cause you went in your vault or crossed a lake. pushing for stuff like combat pets just seems over board and you know it would never happen anyway so why shot for the moon when your wearing lead weights.

thank you for your time have a good day.
Re: hello about rangers and there pets.. 12/09/2017 01:32 PM CST
in other works make it so you dont have to spend every waking second when its out wondering should i pet it now did it whimper should i feed it or say hay i have to take a piss real quick and get back and what happen to my wolf or my racoon when i got up to pee make it the same deal level requi to get it or even raise the level require for it. but at least make it do something other then run away after hundreds of hours of time spent trying to take care of it. keep it in the realm of reason maybe dif flavors of wolfs and racoon something like the pets that just follows you you can feed and pet it if you feel like it so on like i said was tied to a skill that has not been in game for years and years and been ignored or told there was going to be something done like back in 2003 where was said something was in the works and now its 2017 and nothing has ever come of it i think what the most we gotten realy is afew spells changes and what not but that falls more under others work cause of the magic rewrite i seen a lot of talk over the years of we working on this and nothing ever happens would just like a honest answer. and if you can write it then wright cause its so old i understand keep it but replace it with something not like anyone does it now other then that one person who just made circle ranger.

thank you for your time have a good day.