Perceive Nature 07/21/2016 04:44 PM CDT
Given the upcoming changes to how nature impacts our casting, would it be possible to implement a system that allows Rangers to see how the environment around us is impacting our casting ability? It's my understanding that WMs are getting something similar but allows them to look at how various elemental magics would be impacted. This would also serve a secondary purpose of allowing one to check out the nature level of a room without pacing constantly. Would be even cooler if there was messaging to check our bonuses without having to hide and howl.

- Articus
Re: Perceive Nature 07/21/2016 07:34 PM CDT
+1
Re: Perceive Nature 07/21/2016 08:00 PM CDT
FWIW, using PACE has no roundtime so what you're asking for there would actually be a downgrade of sorts since all the PERCEIVE/CONCENTRATE options for other guilds come with it.

Not having to hide in order to check your bonus level would be wonderful, however. And not just because of the extra step. I've lost track of the number of times I was unable to check it on my lowbie ranger without moving because some moon mage had their servant in the room.

Elanthipedia - https://elanthipedia.play.net/mediawiki/index.php/Main_Page
Epedia Admins - https://elanthipedia.play.net/mediawiki/index.php/Elanthipedia:Administrators
Re: Perceive Nature 07/21/2016 08:32 PM CDT
> FWIW, using PACE has no roundtime so what you're asking for there would actually be a downgrade of sorts since all the PERCEIVE/CONCENTRATE options for other guilds come with it.

Why not both? There would be no reason to remove the pace messaging as it serves an RP purpose and is a quick check like you said. However, I'm under the impression that there is a finer scale of nature in a room than the current pacing message depicts. If this is the case then I'd like to have access to information that is at least comparable to what other guilds have regarding their casting. Having it show the your current bonus would be a sweet extra.

It wouldn't have to be complex. Example:

Nature has [messaging depicting our casting efficiency due to nature in the room] level of influence in this area.
You feel [messaging depicting where we fall on the sacle of Moo-to-Commanding Howl] level attuned to nature's forces.
Roundtime: X