Re: Ranger Circle Requirements 03/21/2012 08:30 PM CDT
I went back to look at the ranger skill list and just want to make sure that the changing of our restricted skill is correct.

Restricted Skills
Sorcery

It was originally stealing
Re: Ranger Circle Requirements 03/22/2012 06:05 AM CDT
>Restricted Skills
>Sorcery

>It was originally stealing

Stealing has been able to be used for circling for two req changes now (with this one being the third), if I recall correctly.

Sorcery makes sense, given the guild's history.

-pete
Re: Ranger Circle Requirements 03/22/2012 09:55 AM CDT
I hope that the change is correct as I would prefer to have stealing for circling.

Just not getting my hopes up until Socharis confirms it as I did not see a post mentioning the change.
Re: Ranger Circle Requirements 03/22/2012 12:17 PM CDT
>I hope that the change is correct as I would prefer to have stealing for circling.

My understanding is that you can already use stealing for circling.

-pete
Re: Ranger Circle Requirements 03/22/2012 12:52 PM CDT
Currently we can use stealing.

When Socharis posted the New Ranger Circle requirements on the 16th, Stealing was listed as a restricted skill for Rangers.
When I went back to the post to verify the new circle requirements I noticed that restricted skill for Rangers had been changed to Sorcery.

I have not seen a post from Socharis since the original about changing which skill was restricted for Rangers and am looking for official confirmation.
Re: Ranger Circle Requirements 03/22/2012 04:01 PM CDT
Thievery is usable by rangers to circle in the Skills 3.0 world.

--

"The ninety and nine are with dreams, content but the hope of the world made new, is the hundredth man who is grimly bent on making those dreams come true." -E.A.P.
Re: Ranger Circle Requirements 04/04/2012 08:07 PM CDT

For those rangers who will need climbing and are tired of how slow the crossing walls teach. Just go climb prac the rope in the rangers guild locks in 10 minutes at over 1k climbing. Remember ranger only so enjoy.
Re: Ranger Circle Requirements 09/01/2012 10:25 AM CDT
When will we see these new requirements put into place?

Thanks,
Taiatia
Re: Ranger Circle Requirements 09/01/2012 04:12 PM CDT
When 3.0 is released.
Re: Ranger Circle Requirements 09/02/2012 09:04 AM CDT
Pardon me, I've only been playing for a month.

When will 3.0 be released?

Thanks,
Taiatia
Re: Ranger Circle Requirements 09/02/2012 10:28 AM CDT
>> When will 3.0 be released?

Your name and this question amuses me.

Now to be helpful:

http://elanthipedia.org/w/index.php/Post:So_Tell_me_about_Simucon_this_year!_-_08/08/2012_-_08:27

Keep in mind that this was an estimate, and [personally] I'd expect all times to slide as the development staff is made up of volunteers.
Re: Ranger Circle Requirements 09/02/2012 03:41 PM CDT
Welcome to the ranger guild! And don't apologize for asking questions--you can't learn if you don't.

DR has been working on a massive rewrite of the game. All spells will be modified in some way, all combat will be changed, all learned skills will be modified (either getting combined with other like skills or rewritten in some way. And I know I have forgotten something and I'm sure my fellow rangers will correct me : P .

So please ask if you don't know. Also, please visit Olwydd.org for a nice site on rangers stuff and other guilds. Also, please visit Elanthipedia.org for a thorough and informative site on DR.

If you don't mind me suggesting this, there is a small library in the tree house in Crossing guild that has good reading. Also there is a note posted on the main tree one can sit under. A lot of folks never bother to read these, but I found them helpful.

Zinaca and her fully-grown raccoon, Shadow
Re: Ranger Circle Requirements 09/02/2012 06:53 PM CDT
In addition to Zinaca's excellent suggestions. <eyes her coon for barbeque>

There's also a ranger mentor night every Tuesday at 9 PM Eastern. Varies between Cursings and Riverhaven. It's usually on the front page where you log in at. IMO it's to help all rangers, but especially the ones that are just starting out. All the rangers there are very helpful. You might want to come by and let some of the more experienced rangers help you out. If you show up I can almost guarantee you'll understand why we say "NO RANGER STANDS ALONE".

Bluefalcon
Re: Ranger Circle Requirements 09/03/2012 10:28 AM CDT
<<Your name and this question amuses me.>>

Umm... okay. Glad to... help?

Thanks for the info, much appreciated.

Regards,
Taiatia
Re: Ranger Circle Requirements 01/05/2013 10:00 AM CST
A few questions:

So after the combination of Hiding/Stalking, and Foraging/Escaping... My 8th survival is to be around 175 ranks, while all my others are going to be close to 500.

By my calculations, at my circle, I'm going to need 302 in that 8th survival skill.

I believe mention was made of grandfathering up to level at the expense of pulling bits from your pools. Is this the case?

Also, which skill will be grandfathered? The one that is closest in that skillset to the needed ranks?

And because it is up for consideration how is disarm/lockpick being combined formula wise?

Last question, will stealing count as a trainable survival for circles?

I'm trying to decide which skill (if any, are going to get some "free" ranks), whether it's going to be stealing, firstaid, or locksmithing. Right now, those 3 are about 50 ranks apart with firstaid in the lead, and I'm not sure I want to train that as my 8th survival. It might be time to backtrain boxes.

Player of Diggan, Ranger & Halfing of Aesry
Re: Ranger Circle Requirements 01/05/2013 10:08 AM CST
>I believe mention was made of grandfathering up to level at the expense of pulling bits from your pools. Is this the case?

Those skills that already exist or are derived from existing skills (athletics, small blades, etc) will pull bits from your pools. Those that did not exist in any form will not. Rule of thumb would be if you could have trained them but didn't, it'll pull bits. If you couldn't, it won't.

>so, which skill will be grandfathered? The one that is closest in that skillset to the needed ranks?

The top X in a skillset will be brought up to minimums. If your 1st survival, for example vanishes, then it will bring your second up to your first, your third up to your second, etc. etc.

>And because it is up for consideration how is disarm/lockpick being combined formula wise?

No different than the others. You get the highest of the two, and the other gets put into the bonus pools.

>I'm trying to decide which skill (if any, are going to get some "free" ranks), ... I'm not sure I want to train that as my 8th survival. It might be time to backtrain boxes.

Yeah, if your last x skill is not the one you want to be brought up to circle minimums, it would probably be a good idea to start cranking the skill you do want to be there.

Weapons for Sale:
http://www.elanthipedia.org/wiki/User:Caraamon#Wares
Hunta Talna Kortok, built by Gor'Togs, for Gor'Togs
http://www.angelfire.com/rpg2/caraamon/home.html
Combat Balance List:
http://tinyurl.com/DRBalance
Re: Ranger Circle Requirements 01/05/2013 10:08 AM CST

>Last question, will stealing count as a trainable survival for circles?

I certainly hope so. Its my primary survival. As I understand it thievery is in our sphere of influence?

J
Re: Ranger Circle Requirements 01/05/2013 10:10 AM CST
>>I believe mention was made of grandfathering up to level at the expense of pulling bits from your pools. Is this the case?

I believe so.

>>Also, which skill will be grandfathered? The one that is closest in that skillset to the needed ranks?

Yepp.

>>And because it is up for consideration how is disarm/lockpick being combined formula wise?

Highest of either IIRC.

>>Last question, will stealing count as a trainable survival for circles?

I believe the only restricted skill for Rangers is Sorcery, so yes Stealing should be able to count :)

~ Leilond
http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h307/ss1shadow/Leilond_Progression.jpg
Re: Ranger Circle Requirements 01/05/2013 10:11 AM CST
>Last question, will stealing count as a trainable survival for circles?

Whoops, missed that one.

Yes, it will. Or at least, as of last time Ranger requirements were mentioned it was not said to be a restricted skill.

Weapons for Sale:
http://www.elanthipedia.org/wiki/User:Caraamon#Wares
Hunta Talna Kortok, built by Gor'Togs, for Gor'Togs
http://www.angelfire.com/rpg2/caraamon/home.html
Combat Balance List:
http://tinyurl.com/DRBalance
Re: Ranger Circle Requirements 01/05/2013 10:19 AM CST
> Also, which skill will be grandfathered?

You might want to pop into Test and check out your skills. The grandfathering should be implemented there (and if not, it's a bug the GMs will want to hear about).
Re: Ranger Circle Requirements 01/05/2013 10:23 AM CST
Thievery is usable to circle by the following guilds (nth Survival)

Bard
Necromancer
Trader
Thief
Ranger

All other guilds, it is a restricted skill (can't be use for circling).

TG, TG, GL, et al.

"Disagreement with the fundamental plan at this point is akin to supporting Richard III vs the Tudors."
-Raesh
Re: Ranger Circle Requirements 01/05/2013 10:08 PM CST

Has anyone taken the time to make a circle calculator for the new reqs? would me nice to know what I need to start working on.
Re: Ranger Circle Requirements 01/05/2013 10:25 PM CST
http://www.olwydd.org/guilds/ranger/newcalc.php

Should be one for all the guilds there.

GENT
Re: Ranger Circle Requirements 01/07/2013 12:30 PM CST
> Has anyone taken the time to make a circle calculator for the new reqs? would me nice to know what I need to start working on.

If you use genie, the circle calc plug in is updated and works in both prime and test. I can't vouch for it's accuracy for all guilds, but seems pretty solid to me.
Re: Ranger Circle Requirements 01/09/2013 10:26 AM CST

This I did not know.... now if only they'd do a wipe so I could log into test.