RE: Tentative Ranger Magic 3.0 Spell List 08/20/2011 09:48 AM CDT
Was comparing the ranger list with the paladin list.

Just noticed something... WS is supposed to boost scouting instead of perception?

AFAIK the last thing we need is a scouting boost. Please change WS back to perception boost. Please tell me differently if scouting is going to augment perception for rangers or something that could actually make the skill useful... Otherwise this seems like a waste of a spell and a major loss of functionality.

Also has there been any further thought on awaken forest or forestwalker's boon?

-pete
RE: Tentative Ranger Magic 3.0 Spell List 08/20/2011 11:39 AM CDT
<<AFAIK the last thing we need is a scouting boost. Please change WS back to perception boost. Please tell me differently if scouting is going to augment perception for rangers or something that could actually make the skill useful... Otherwise this seems like a waste of a spell and a major loss of functionality.

<<Wolf Scent
<<Basic Augmentation. Scouting, Gathering boosters

<<Senses of the Tiger
<<Advanced Augmentation. Reflex Boost, Perception Boost

WS will be Scouting and I assume Outdoorsmanship boosts since that's where foraging is going. You'll now get your perception booster in the SOTT spell. I.e. there's no loss of functionality when taken as a whole, and even a slight net gain in functionality since I don't think there's currently a booster to Animal Lore which is part of Outdoorsmanship in 3.0.

-Evran

Moongate, Ressurection, and Fire Rain, Oh my!
RE: Tentative Ranger Magic 3.0 Spell List 08/20/2011 12:51 PM CDT
>WS will be Scouting and I assume Outdoorsmanship boosts since that's where foraging is going. You'll now get your perception booster in the SOTT spell. I.e. there's no loss of functionality when taken as a whole, and even a slight net gain in functionality since I don't think there's currently a booster to Animal Lore which is part of Outdoorsmanship in 3.0.

Thanks for the info, missed that in scanning the list.

WOTP boosts animal lore currently, so no, no gain.

-pete