Upper west side... 02/21/2013 01:43 PM CST
Been in the city for few days sight seeing with my son and heading back upstate tomorrow afternoon. Anyone know any kid friendly final things to do? Did the obvious Central Park Zoo, Museum of Natural History, Empire State Building and Times Square. The aquarium and Statue of Liberty are still close due to hurricane.

Thanks.

Asterid/Anthony
Re: Upper west side... 02/21/2013 02:16 PM CST
>Been in the city for few days sight seeing with my son and heading back upstate tomorrow afternoon. Anyone know any kid friendly final things to do? Did the obvious Central Park Zoo, Museum of Natural History, Empire State Building and Times Square. The aquarium and Statue of Liberty are still close due to hurricane.

http://www.siferry.com/
Staten Island Ferry has always been my preferred method of viewing the statue of liberty. You can see the whole thing, get great photos, no stupid lines, and free. I suggest it for most visiting friends who don't want their whole days sucked into the statue.

http://www.bryantpark.org/things-to-do/pond.html
Skating at Bryant Park. Lots of fun, not usually as slammed as central or rockafeller. Also free (though you pay for skate rental, lock rental)

Not sure what your kid is into, but there's some family friendly theater stuff that's a cool NY experience if you're into blowing money on tickets. Mary Poppins, Lion King, Wicked, ....Spiderman (blech) come to mind.

You could visit me at LC. No wait, that's creepy. Never mind. =P

Hope you find something fun!

Jalika
Re: Upper west side... 02/21/2013 02:45 PM CST
Thanks, heading to SI Ferry now. And whats LC? The whole reason we came hete was to meet you!

Asterid
Re: Upper west side... 02/21/2013 03:06 PM CST

Hah! Lincoln Center.
Re: Upper west side... 02/21/2013 03:32 PM CST
Are you performing tonight?

Asterid
Re: Upper west side... 02/21/2013 03:58 PM CST
Watch the performance on the big floor Piano at FAO Shwartz, Ellis Island and Statue of Liberty, Head to Brooklyn to eat at Brennan and Carr. Coney Island and play shoot the freak (one of Sheldon's Favorite Games), Ride the Ferris Wheel in Toys R Us in Times Square. Go to Ground Zero, Wall Street.

Arct
Re: Upper west side... 02/21/2013 04:52 PM CST

No, just wrapping up Fashion Week.
Re: Upper west side... 02/21/2013 06:45 PM CST
Well, we did the ferry to Staten Island and got some really nice pics of the Statue of Liberty with the sun setting behind it and some pics looking north to the southern end of Manhattan with the sun reflecting off the buildings including Freedom Tower. Then took the R back to Times Square. Been there four nights in a row. Back to Toys R Us and ended up with a bunch of toys he had to have but will never play with again.

Thanks for all the ideas Jalika and Arct. I would have come to see you at your fashion show but Aidan is not really into fashion at 11. Maybe next trip.

Asterid/Anthony
Re: Upper west side... 02/21/2013 07:17 PM CST
>>ended up with a bunch of toys he had to have but will never play with again
Based on my experiences with my 13 year-old, that's the way it goes! Eventually toys become gadgets like Ipods.
Re: Upper west side... 02/21/2013 07:49 PM CST
Next time you set a trip to NY let me know. So I can talk my company into letting me work remote from our Office in NJ and I will come out to see you. For that matter, my next trip out email me so I can take a few days to come spend with you up in your neck of the woods.

Arct
Re: Upper west side... 02/21/2013 07:57 PM CST
Ok sounds good bro.

Asterid