Ideas for possiblly running another race 07/28/2009 04:52 PM CDT
Several of you have mentioned to me that you'd like to run another race.

Wonderful!

Now, first and foremost, before I even begin to plan a thing, I need some basic input from the players, especially those who ran this race.

1) Would it be easier, as one player suggested, to let loose the racers in waves, so less people are in one area at one time?

2) Timing: Would a weekday evening be easier to run, or on a weekend? And if a weekend, Saturday or Sunday? Evening or Afternoon? (please remember that while I am on EST, I know several other players (including GM Audacia!) are not. So saying 7EST is best for you...is not good for PST people who're still at work, since it's only 4PM for them.

3) Puzzles. The last race(s) have mostly involved a scavenger hunt. Would it be more fun, or more hassle, to have puzzles/mazes etc introduced into the system?

Now, tentatively, to give us more time to plan/tweak/adjust/play around, I'd like to say that Late September/Early October is a good starting idea for the next race.

Please, post thoughts and constructive criticism for next time.

And yes, I know there was a screwup with the rules. I assure you, that won't happen again. I'm also aware of a minor foulup with a few ranger's circles/brackets, and therefore the scavenging requirements. I will do my best to ensure that it won't be an issue a second time.

Events: Now, I had really no control over what did and didn't happen at the party, as far as merchants/alterers/etc. That's up to the GMs. However, several of you mentioned the desire for Daewek to show up and repair things, so I mentioned it to the GMs and, lo and behold, he arrived! So, if you'd like to see a merchant/alterer/etc there, let me know early as to what type or which alterer. I'll do my best to work with Audacia and the rest of the crew and make it happen.

Personally, I'd love to see an alterer or four show up at the next race, one or two merchants with wagons, and a whole shebang festival going on. But seriously, I need to know your desires well ahead of time if it requires a GM's assistance.

If you have any constructive ideas, let me know. I'd love to see the next race go off without a single hitch.

MM2/SS, USN
No Ranger Stands Alone
Re: Ideas for possiblly running another race 07/28/2009 07:19 PM CDT
well the race should be kept to an annual thing so check the elanthian calendar, pick a sat night or sun night and run from 8est/9est to 12est/1est

~Purnay
"The object of war is not to die for your country, but to make the other bastard die for his."
Re: Ideas for possiblly running another race 07/31/2009 12:57 AM CDT
You did fine Rantjur. Good job on the race.

Add some more stuff to do between Point A and Point B. Everything started out as 1 task until we crossed the first river then we had to do 2 things. I would prefer there be 2 tasks per section. Makes it more interesting.

We're Rangers, so let us use our skills, this includes running all trails and swimming all things swimmable. Keeping it broken up in brackets was a great idea, keeps things fairly even.

Set a time and keep to it. Don't change it because people are whining.
Re: Ideas for possiblly running another race 07/31/2009 10:11 AM CDT
Just a quick insert from one of the Rangers behind the curtain.

I think if "I" were planning another race, why not have the fletching of a bow and arrows be the beginning of the race?

While you start out Nekkid, one of the traditions of the guild is to make your own bow, is it not?

Just a thought.

GM BRAMOIR

I know where the Ranger Retreat is. Ha Ha.