Volunteers Needed 06/30/2009 03:45 PM CDT
Atten-hut! You pollywogs in line! Hut hut hut! I ain't got all day for you apes! Toe the line! Now now now lets go!

Alright recruits, as you are all SO aware, because I know EACH and EVERY single one of you slimy polywogs reads these boards, the Naked Ranger Race is on the 11th of July!

Now, El Capitan and I :gestures at Audacia: are asking a couple of you louts to volunteer to help out. If I don't start getting some of you volunteering, a few of you are going to be volunTOLD to help.

Now, I don't need no flea-bitten scallywags. If you can't show up on the 11th of July, around 2PM EST at or near your designated place, and stay there upwards of 4 hours, then this guild has no place for you!

If any of you think you have the nerve to take this on, then get off yer butt and send a line to the Captain :gestures at Audacia again: or myself, and do it ASAP recruits. I aint got all day!

RangerRantjur on AIM
RangerRantjur@aim.com
Goodalem1@play.net

MM2/SS, USN
No Ranger Stands Alone
Re: Volunteers Needed 06/30/2009 05:27 PM CDT
I MIGHT be able to help. Gotta see what I'm doing that day. I might have important sleeping, or something else going on. Too early to know for sure.

Falker
Re: Volunteers Needed 06/30/2009 05:42 PM CDT
working July 11th

~Purnay
"The object of war is not to die for your country, but to make the other bastard die for his."
Re: Volunteers Needed 07/01/2009 11:20 AM CDT
I am now, and forever shall remain, a Trusty Golden Shellback...
Re: Volunteers Needed 07/01/2009 01:12 PM CDT
If you don't help, I'll change your reqs to require +10 ranks of foraging per circle....

::Smiles sweetly::

GameMaster Audacia

PS - I am kidding. Mostly.

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.
Re: Volunteers Needed 07/01/2009 02:48 PM CDT
Golden Shellback? Very nice. Shellback, myself. Never done a Westpac.

Still doesn't change that I need help, folks! I need 5 or so people to assist in giving clues, adjudicating, and causing all kinds of ruckus.

MM2/SS, USN
No Ranger Stands Alone
Re: Volunteers Needed 07/01/2009 08:16 PM CDT
::Kills Audacia dead for suggesting more foraging

~Purnay
"The object of war is not to die for your country, but to make the other bastard die for his."
Re: Volunteers Needed 07/01/2009 08:33 PM CDT
I'm working probably 8-midnight. Not to say I won't have internet connection for some of it, but I can't garauntee a window that I'd be available.

Jalika

Moving carefully, you slip your hand into Ragran's pockets and carefully grab a platinum.
Roundtime: 2 sec.
Re: Volunteers Needed 07/01/2009 09:10 PM CDT
I'm getting a whole lot of 'I can't make its'....

But I haven't gotten a single 'I'll be glad to help'.

Now, I understand people have RL commitments, work etc. I'm definitely not asking people to take time off of work just to play DR (but don't we all wish we could!)

But seriously folks...I looked at over 3 months of whining and complaining on the forums about wanting to do another Naked Ranger Race. A whole lot of people saying 'wouldn't it be cool if we did another?' and a whole lot of 'I wish someone else would run a race.'

So I took the project on. By myself. I asked for help designing the alterations, and I nearly had to twist arms and break knees like a mafioso just to get that!

Now, after I've done all the leg work, all the sweating, the blood and tears, all I need is a handful of people to put in a few hours time to stand in one place and give clues.

I'm not asking for your first born child, your left leg, or anything else vital. But seriously, you all whine and complain about not having a race, and when one's coming up, no one wants to help.

So, this is my big WTH speech.

MM2/SS, USN
No Ranger Stands Alone
Re: Volunteers Needed 07/02/2009 12:11 AM CDT
sounds like fun but unfortunately i work every saturday , not sure when i get off or i would volunteer
Re: Volunteers Needed 07/02/2009 04:57 AM CDT
<<Now, after I've done all the leg work, all the sweating, the blood and tears, all I need is a handful of people to put in a few hours time to stand in one place and give clues.

:( Ok, so elves dont sweat, but still...

Falker
Re: Volunteers Needed 07/02/2009 05:32 PM CDT
Sunday would totally have been a better day
oooooor in the evening when everyone's off work....
~Purnay
Re: Volunteers Needed 07/02/2009 08:57 PM CDT
*strikes a heroic pose*

- I'll be glad to help. -

Pigeon is "Dune Pigeon", or find me typically around Crossing. I'm not the most skilled woodsman, but I'm an able body with a penchant for travel and fun. Count me in!

~Callahan
Re: Volunteers Needed 07/02/2009 09:44 PM CDT
Urla will help in any way she can the time and date are not a problem.
Re: Volunteers Needed 07/05/2009 07:38 AM CDT
Will be there to help Rantjur. Can stand around and hum four hours no probs. AIM is littlerangerdr
Re: Volunteers Needed 07/05/2009 05:33 PM CDT
Let me check my schedule, maybe I can help
Re: Volunteers Needed 07/06/2009 11:26 PM CDT
I can help if you still need it.

-Teesha
Re: Volunteers Needed 07/06/2009 11:38 PM CDT
I think I have enough people.

I'm still waiting on final approval of the schedule of events from Audacia (poke, poke!) before I know exactly how many people I need.

If I don't need you, thank you for volunteering. If I do end up needing you, well, thank you for volunteering.

MM2/SS, USN
No Ranger Stands Alone
Re: Volunteers Needed 07/07/2009 05:27 PM CDT
My offer still stands.

~V~
___

"We few, we happy few, we band of brothers;
For he to-day that sheds his blood with me
Shall be my brother; be he ne'er so vile,
This day shall gentle his condition."

- Henry V, William Shakespeare