ForestWraiths of Elanthia 08/09/2004 03:31 PM CDT
http://www.forestwraiths.org this site is under construction and is merely a skeleton at present time, but it is up. I'm looking for input from all you Rangers. I need to know what you'd like to see and what you're tired of seeing yata yata yata. So help me out by by sending me some info via email or post.

tbigbadwolfm@yahoo.com

No Ranger Ever Stands Alone, And No Person Ever Stands Alone When In The Presence Of A Ranger
Re: ForestWraiths of Elanthia 08/10/2004 08:50 AM CDT
Cool looking website and nice audio on the home page.

Also, I see you have a sitemap button, that is a good feature to have.

You might want to include sections somewhere (maybe the home page) of Ranger Magic, Ranger Related Abilities (scouting,capturing horses,teaching horses,animal lore, bowyering and fletching), Ranger Beseeches, and Companions.

I mention companions as a seperate area because even though we currently only have two, we will be getting more and their abilities, training them, finding them, and taking care of them has enough information that it should probably have its own area.

Good luck. Email me if you want info on things, otherwise, you probably already know that the boards are a great place for information as well as IG asking other players.

sylviir

Cool tagline below.
See someone else's, I'm on a break.

Re: ForestWraiths of Elanthia 08/10/2004 10:20 AM CDT
Hm, a site map link ... that might solve some of the flailing I occasionally get about people not being able to find stuff on mine ...

<scribbles a note on his list>

~~~Krin
"Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati"
"Goblins ... aisle 6, Mycthengelde ... hunt smart, hunt S-Mart!"
"You whine like a mule ... you are still alive!"
"Call me Snake."
Re: ForestWraiths of Elanthia 08/10/2004 10:22 AM CDT
Oh and BTW, all the stuff Syviir mentions (except companions, there's so little information I am waiting on the new system before really tackling it, and after today I'm a bit too peeved to want to even think about them) is on my site too: http://www.taffeisjournal.com/krinahd/

~~~Krin
"Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati"
"Goblins ... aisle 6, Mycthengelde ... hunt smart, hunt S-Mart!"
"You whine like a mule ... you are still alive!"
"Call me Snake."
Re: ForestWraiths of Elanthia 08/10/2004 11:54 AM CDT
its all junk don't worry i'll have Nimmos Hunters haven website will be up in about 2 weeks. I have compiled a lot of info. The only thing you should go to krins site for is that calculator (sorry would do a calculator but i'm not that good at coding).

Hunter Nimmo "Cabana Boy"/ Cleric Starscyth/ Battle Emapth Wrenth

There are two ways of meeting difficulties, you alter the difficulties or you alter yourself to overcome them.
Re: ForestWraiths of Elanthia 08/10/2004 01:40 PM CDT
>...and after today I'm a bit too peeved to want to even think about them...

...you lose another wolf, buddy? Sorry, man. :(

--Quelgash.
"Do not go where the path may lead.
Go instead where there is no path, and leave a trail." -Emerson
Re: ForestWraiths of Elanthia 08/10/2004 03:07 PM CDT
<<...you lose another wolf, buddy? Sorry, man. :(

Killed it by giving it Food Lion meat.

I am Pep-tog
Re: ForestWraiths of Elanthia 08/11/2004 01:40 AM CDT
Looking forward to seeing that page up and ready to go. There's some seriously good artwork on there, the piece with the three people in the forest with the bird flying above them is awesome, where'd you get that? Just really cool. Use more of that. :)

Player of Ferendol
Re: ForestWraiths of Elanthia 08/12/2004 04:36 AM CDT
>Killed it by giving it Food Lion meat.

Is that like Alpha Beta meat or Gemco meat?

Gris
Re: ForestWraiths of Elanthia 08/12/2004 07:18 AM CDT
>Killed it by giving it Food Lion meat.

lol

sylviir

Cool tagline below.

Re: ForestWraiths of Elanthia 08/12/2004 07:22 AM CDT
Oh, also, how about a place for scripts?

I don't know how you could work it though because posting every script someone sends you could possibly be a big pain. Then you might have to try each script and see how useful it is...though you could just put in a disclaimer on them that you didn't make them then just put a note next to ones you've tested.

Maybe just nevermind about the script thing it could be too big a hassle.

Or maybe you could put a link to some scripts, that would leave your hands free for other things. I might put my scripts in my web page area (I don't have much of a web page, mostly just the storage space...heh)

sylviir

Cool tagline below.

Re: ForestWraiths of Elanthia 08/12/2004 03:20 PM CDT
No I like that idea and trust me testing things isnt a problem. I have lots of time and plan to be around a very long time. <chuckles> So great idea and alot of great ideas from every I appreciate all the imput working hard on it so i hope to get it out soon. The eye candy and sound effects are the easy part. Editing my grammer and puncuation is another story heh. Keeps the ideas rolling ladies and gents I wanna try to get something going here nobodies ever seen and something we can all benefit from. Thanks for all the links to all the other pages too some good formats and info on those Ranger pages.

No Ranger Ever Stands Alone, And No Person Ever Stands Alone When In The Presence Of A Ranger
Re: ForestWraiths of Elanthia 08/13/2004 10:14 AM CDT
>Thanks for all the links to all the other pages too some good formats and info on those Ranger pages.

Which I hope means you are requesting permission from these websites and giving credit for their hard work in assembling it, right? Assuming you are using the information, of course.

I have a personal stake in some of that hard work myself. My apologies if I come off sounding harsh.

--Quelgash.
"Do not go where the path may lead.
Go instead where there is no path, and leave a trail." -Emerson
Re: ForestWraiths of Elanthia 08/15/2004 04:37 AM CDT
No not harsh at all and a legitimate concern. This happens in alot of cases with many websites. Should I feel the need to rip off someone elses website, I'll certainly ask permission and then give credit so no worries there. I think if you'll actually go to my website youll see the format is mine. My ideas and someone elses artwork,to which I had to obtain permission too. I want this strickly for my own baby and not a mirror image if Nimos, Krins, Olywdd, or Arcanewolf. I actualy plan to have links to many of these websites anyway due to the fact they were all great inspirational sites to me and got me interested in trying to do this too. Not to out do this person or make anything better but to prove to myself I can bring something to our guild thats usefull and to carry on the tradition that so many of you have shown us to be valuable, which is helping those younger than ourselves. Since you have expierience with the information in one of those sites any imput you could give on the perc side or constructive critisism would be appreciated. I welcome ideas of all sorts. I can use all the help I can get GOD knows I dont everything <chuckles> Trust me I bare no ill will for reminding me of my obligation to other site owners. It's you guys that will read my site along with younger Rangers and YOU guys that will either recomend me or tell people I'm a total idiot and my information is so way off base that ya think Im a warmie. Anyway thanks again and if ya get any ideas feel free to shoot me an email or a AIM.

tbigbadwolfm@yahoo.com
AIM: RangerAroamer