AIM 11/04/2017 11:03 AM CDT
My fellow Rangers. Back after a 11 year hiatus! Since we all stay connected with the AIM (AOL) and it is closing down in DEC of 2017. what sort of messaging are we going to use going forward? twitter? facebook group?

Thanks

Mnion, Human Ranger
Re: AIM 11/04/2017 11:59 AM CDT
I didn't know AIM was closing down. Will my AIM email still be working. I actually haven't been going on AIM. Myself I use Facebook a lot. (It was actually a DR player, Deenmoon I think, who actually introduced me to Facebook.) It looks like Twitter seems to be referenced more at Simutronics though.

I foresee online gaming changing when there are good audio-visual links connecting the participants, thus approximating play in a face-to-face group. Gary Gygax
Read more at: https://www.brainyquote.com/search_results.html?q=Gamin
Re: AIM 11/04/2017 12:06 PM CDT
DR Prime has a pretty solid discord community.

https://discord.me/dragonrealms

Uzmam! The Chairman will NOT be pleased to know you're trying to build outside of approved zones. I'd hate for you to be charged the taxes needed to have this place re-zoned. Head for the manor if you're feeling creative.
Re: AIM 11/04/2017 03:29 PM CDT
Dragonrealms, Elanthipedia, and many DR players have Twitter accounts you can follow. I highly recommend at least following Dragonrealms and adding some kind of notification system (I use Tweetdeck). That way you will get announcements about fun things happening in game. For example, this morning a GMNPC appeared and there was a tweet about it.

All the active DR players I know now have Discord accounts for personal communication. Many are in the main DR Prime channel that Tev mentioned, but many are not.

- Navesi
Re: AIM 11/04/2017 04:34 PM CDT
I can't speak for other GMs, but I have both a Twitter (@EvikeDR) which is game stuff and sometimes cat pictures, and a discord(EVIKE#2562). While, as a GM, I won't be joining any player channels I am available on it and you can feel free to DM me on either platform. Just like the caveat I had with AIM, though -- I may not answer and I may NOT be able (or around) to answer your question. I'm always more than happy to help with questions.

~Evike
Re: AIM 11/04/2017 05:00 PM CDT
>>a discord(EVIKE#2562)

Just because I'm getting used to using discord, too, discord handles seem to be case-sensitive.

Uzmam! The Chairman will NOT be pleased to know you're trying to build outside of approved zones. I'd hate for you to be charged the taxes needed to have this place re-zoned. Head for the manor if you're feeling creative.
Re: AIM 11/04/2017 08:24 PM CDT
>>a discord(EVIKE#2562)

>Just because I'm getting used to using discord, too, discord handles seem to be case-sensitive.

Good to know. Then, it's Evike#2562 instead of yelling.

~Evike