Rangers - Where my freaks at!?!? 02/18/2017 09:16 AM CST
Hey, hey, Ranger buddies! Just came back from a long sleep and looking for my brawling buddies and tackle-huggers!

It's been a long time, but I see baby Falkonis made a name for himself! Woot! What about Dulcinia? Striderr? Dulcinia's lad? Dreadnym, and Halkhan(sp?)!?

And for last time, will Feysy EVER be able to move on from Rock Trolls? Although I worried she'd be sent back to gobs, so I guess that's the good news.

I have to say, though, I do NOT miss foraging or escaping although now seem to have an obsession with grass?
Re: Rangers - Where my freaks at!?!? 02/19/2017 07:26 AM CST
Been back a few months myself after a long sleep, most of the people you named are currently inactive. I was never particularly close to any of them so I can't tell you the status of their players long-term, I'm sure some of them will pop up again eventually.

Combat was rebalanced, you may be sent back a rung on the critter ladder but trust me when I say combat is so, so much better than it was before. No more open rolls one-shotting you, and you generally have a much easier time hunting. Accidentally forgetting to stance off of parry when you're taking out your bow is no longer instant stunlock and death, you have time to retreat or hide (or stow the bow) if you're paying attention.

Magic was reworked as well, sucks being tert still with magic being more important now but I would still say it's a definite improvement.

Grass is mech lore, train it up while you can if you're interested in the new crafting systems.

Use HUNT a lot when in combat, it's your best friend.
Re: Rangers - Where my freaks at!?!? 02/20/2017 03:57 AM CST

Thank you for the tips, friend! I appreciate it! Ah, man - well, I guess it's time to get to know the new Ranger Family then. Looking forward to it! Missed running the trails, hunting trolls, and swimming in circles. Although I have noticed that training skills has gotten MUCH better, so I might actually be able to do some circling this time around! ::snorts::

AM looking forward to discovering what the deal is with horses - but I'm a very long way off from that. I remember when it was like "NO! NEVER! NEVER ASK AGAIN!" so this is delightful! LOL
Re: Rangers - Where my freaks at!?!? 02/21/2017 07:08 AM CST
>AM looking forward to discovering what the deal is with horses - but I'm a very long way off from that. I remember when it was like "NO! NEVER! NEVER ASK AGAIN!" so this is delightful! LOL

Horses suck, sorry to be your spoiler. I'd still recommend you get one and train it up a bit just to see what the fuss is about, you can't really get over the eagerness of getting one until you get one and see there's not much to it.

Fancy/fluffy room movement is essentially all they offer (they aren't worth bringing into combat past your early career), though unlike those fancy carpets or mounts or what-not you can get at fests, they can't just be popped into your pocket. They require you to stable them before logging out for the day, and if you forget and log back in after a long sleep you horse may have gotten hurt or lost all your fancy tack and saddle gear.
Re: Rangers - Where my freaks at!?!? 02/21/2017 08:52 AM CST

Yeah, I read about them on Elanthepedia. They sound pretty poopy, really. But ALSO fun a fluffy! And I DO love me some fluff (I still have my raccoon, after all). I got to play with someone else's (who had just left it hanging out in town) and they are super cute! Very complicated and obnoxious, but whatever. :D Should give me something to do when I'm not spending hours and hours trying to relearn how to make a longbow.
Re: Rangers - Where my freaks at!?!? 02/25/2017 08:21 PM CST
Welcome back! I'm 3 months back after 4 years off and really digging the changes. Much praises to elanthipedia authors.

~Hunter Hanryu
"Even adjusting the pace for Simu-Soon timescales, there is no way Mech Lore is still trainable in 2014 imo" - Apu(2013)
Re: Rangers - Where my freaks at!?!? 02/27/2017 06:14 PM CST

OMG, yes! Between Elanthepedia and Reddit I feel like I have SO MANY resources!!!! (dead horse - search functions are good) But I am SUPER happy to be back! And SOOO happy that swimming, foraging, escaping, etc. are no longer separate skills.
Re: Rangers - Where my freaks at!?!? 02/27/2017 11:43 PM CST
I miss the weird stares people would give me when they asked for a class and I started teaching them animal lore, but I don't miss training animal lore, so it's a mixed bag.
Re: Rangers - Where my freaks at!?!? 02/28/2017 01:36 AM CST
Whenever I'd offer to teach something and nobody would decide on a topic, animal lore was always my goto lesson.
Re: Rangers - Where my freaks at!?!? 02/28/2017 05:43 PM CST
Welcome back.

Attend a few of the mentor held Ranger meetings and ask questions. You will get up to speed in no time. Enjoy your time in the realms and remember it's game and it is supposed to be FUN. If you Twitter DR has an account you can follow there. They tweet IG activities there first a lot of the time and you can connect with several of the current GM's there.
Re: Rangers - Where my freaks at!?!? 03/01/2017 03:04 AM CST

Scouting is still good for that! LOL But not as cheeky as it used to be, since our minds don't get murky any more. But still some good, clean fun, if you ask me!