Trailrunning Thoughts.. 10/26/2016 12:20 AM CDT
..ever wonder if Corik told his fellow Elotheans and Elves that if he were chosen as Ferdahl that he would construct the biggest and greatest Wall that Elanthia has ever seen and he would, by the way, make the Dark Hand pay for it?

..wonder if the Emerald Knights endorsed Corik's bid for power due to this planned barrier to at least keep out the bad shadoweavers and wormwood vines?

..wonder if the Wall was constructed to help reduce the proliferation of samatak into the great province of Illithi and beyond?

..wonder if Ferdahl Corik had a secret pact with Teiro or Lanival?

...wonder what Shard could have been if Queen Morganae were elected Ferdahl instead?

-K, lame attempt at humor
Re: Trailrunning Thoughts.. 10/29/2016 03:53 PM CDT
Mmmm Queen Morganae as Ferdahl...let's see...permanent snow and ice (she is the ice queen after all) and I bet she would put and end to the gondola and put a nice ice wall around Shard (as her capitol) but I think the trade would still go on with Horse Clan and we could get there still (after all those city folks would need lots of blankets from Horse Clan to stay warm). Just my take on it. I remember at the peace talks of the Outcast war how she froze that stupid rude pirate with just a look. Yeah ice...lots of ice.

Zinaca and her wolf, Lucky who loves snow!
Re: Trailrunning Thoughts.. 10/29/2016 05:45 PM CDT
She's called the Ice Queen because of her magical abilities, not personal taste. You mentioned the Outcast War diplomacy talks, which is good! But her freezing that guy didn't cause local or regional weather patterns to change.

The gondola was closed as a period of mourning. That period ended, and the gondola reopened.

General sentiments aside, I'd rather see the mountain elves home flushed out and accessible rather than have Morganae take over Shard, but I'm not completely opposed to the idea.

"Game balance is sobbing over in the corner as it considers the ramifications of AoE Blufmor Garaen. Your spell slots send their condolences." - GM Raesh
Re: Trailrunning Thoughts.. 10/30/2016 01:48 AM CDT
I was this thinking that she would use her considerable magic to spread icy snow all about and she didn't seem the warm fuzzy type the one time I saw her at the peace talks (though she sure made them memorable). So I figured she would stop the gondola. It wouldn't disrupt trade...I saw caravans climb the branch and back all the time when I trained there and I find it hard to swallow since the climb is difficult.

Zinaca and her wolf, Luck