Reminscing Ramble 10/08/2015 11:23 PM CDT
A young wolf found me last night and along with the wolf came a wonderful dear friend Elven Ranger Supreme Vandyl!

He helped catch me up with the 'new' developments in Elanthia and well we started talking about old Rangers. I don't want to date ourselves, but maybe you/me/we can share a fond memory with any of the rangers I will list. Please feel free to add your own! BTW this list has no particular order and forgive me if I misspell a name as the memory isn't what it used to be.

Snare, Starcatcher, Lileath, Vrodo, Mobelia, Mestralle, Sarilya, Rawb, Burlock, Brahmer, Arctuniol, Asterid, Kapollo, Dulcinia, Amezon, Cordarone, Amberyll, Hobard, Mivorning, Thanlon, Zephyria, Nimmo, Pathyn, Fengreve, Forgenash, Dritzfury, Spiritshadow, Waveshell, Tsarenzi, Xheather, Sceth, Veela, Sarzen, Calissa, Algion, Shillen, Pfanston, Jalika, Dreadnym, Evetriall, Pathlone, Jrendel, Falkonis, Teeklin, Tazsin, Aviana, Cinead, Poloth, Saracus, Jeincains, Canyon, Chiton, Zovyn, Striderr, Lanwellyn, Valgograd, Elvena, Raggard, Sylvado, Harbrace, Mossyoak, Suadde, Thingol, Sablina, Drytz, Aleyden, Krinahd, Hawkman, Bluefalcon, Hanryu, Wryt, Wiccat.

And our ranger GM staff: Treveri, Tarragon, Taejun, Teylana Paklin, and Jent. Haven't met the new one yet, do we have one?

I could probably just go around to the different Ranger Guilds to see if those folks are still exploring. Great Idea Kivi!

Ahh well, good ramble!

-Kivian, hope to meet some new rangers SOON when I'm about to PAFO.
Re: Reminscing Ramble 10/09/2015 09:58 AM CDT
Welcome back Kivian!

I share some of those memories. I played Sarinol and recently returned as well. Jeincains is around but not the same. Pfanston is the same...and a mentor...and a wealth of knowledge. Go to some of his mentor ranger nights and you'll see.

Hope to see you around.

~Sarinol
Re: Reminscing Ramble 10/09/2015 10:41 AM CDT

Hey Kivian,

Welcome back! A bunch of those rangers are still around, most the same players, though some not. Ranger's don't have a dedicated dev GM, though we are on a "short list" for some love. There's been a lot more global focus in getting systems flushed out and balanced rather than specific guild stuff. My schedule fluctutes a lot now with work, but I definitely pop into game when I can. My AIM is still SpiffDR so hit me up if you like, have questions, or need anything!

Jalika
Re: Reminscing Ramble 10/09/2015 01:53 PM CDT

Welcome back, I'm still the same person running Bluefalcon. Believe it or not I talked to the original Zovyn about a month ago. Was glad to hear him. I don't play as much as I used to, but I try to pop in at least once a week for a couple of hours. If you see me stop by and visit a bit.

Bluefalcon
Re: Reminscing Ramble 10/09/2015 05:46 PM CDT

I know that several of these rangers are still around, but whether they are of the same mind, I am not sure.

I believe Rawb passed away circa 2008-2009 I think from a random accident. I know a few others have passed away too.

But I know several are still around so you should see them around Elanthia!
Re: Reminscing Ramble 10/22/2015 11:03 PM CDT
@DRFreak3 - That is sad to hear.. He was a good guy.

@Bluefalcon - Good to see you are still around!

@Jalika -- Are you still the best thieving ranger I know? -ducks- I haven't used Instant Messaging... since 2005, I don't remember my screen name.

@Sarinol - I remember seeing your name whenever I would look for Sarilya, I don't believe we have ever interacted, but that can change!

Thanks for the warm welcomes!

-Kivi
Re: Reminscing Ramble 12/02/2015 05:37 PM CST
Hah, welcome back Kivian. Yeah a few of those people are still running around now and then. Can't believe you were still able to pull all those names out of your head after all this time. Yes, Jalika is still pretty infamous.

Wow, I didn't know that about Rawb. That's sad. We used to talk quite a bit.

~Van
Re: Reminscing Ramble 12/02/2015 11:38 PM CST
Hmmm, seeing your post, Vandyl, has brought back more memories from the sands of time, like...

-carrying skins in a ruby signet ring
-skins getting tweaked and you needed to stuff your backpack with a weapon to make room for more skins
-skins getting tweaked again by skins gaining weight values and you could only carry 3 croc skins or 4 viper sacs before you would fall over from too much burden
-Monnis having the first wolf to die, because of PAFO
-watching Snare take youngins to crocs, showing them how to dance with 6 crocs and saying, "now your turn bud."
-playing "CLANG!" or Kick the Can
-naked ranger races
-death spirits, swamp trolls, and marauders were some of the hardest critters to hunt
-foraging for corn every 3 minutes
-checking pet boxes every 10 minutes
-the Hing gang
-Trailblazer badges and web keys
-getting scolded by Xheather for having a pet chest bleeders
-Marton and Harome being some of the first practioners and advocates for shields
-hearing how female rangers got their hoot (thanks Mobelia!)
-making potions in pouches
-selling gems and skins individually
-announcing open pockets at the Ranger Guild
-Shard Ranger Guild tower inside Shard along with the skin buyer
-watching Dritzfury kill people with HB
-playing with Algion's 0/1 rt longbow
-watching Moon Mage Ashkei make super capped ebony longbows because of the broken Prediction system
-people using the vaults to duplicate fest balanced and tempered curved silver falchions,etc

And talking with old friends after being gone awhile.

Where is my cane....
Re: Reminscing Ramble 12/02/2015 11:50 PM CST
I miss Xheather.

Vote:
http://www.topmudsites.com/vote-DragonRealms.html
Re: Reminscing Ramble 12/05/2015 05:33 AM CST
>-skins getting tweaked and you needed to stuff your backpack with a weapon to make room for more skins
This used to make backpack capacities almost limitless actually.

>-watching Snare take youngins to crocs, showing them how to dance with 6 crocs and saying, "now your turn bud."
My first encounter with Snare was being at the guild, trying to figure out what the heck foraging was, and him following me around via tracking.

>-foraging for corn every 3 minutes
2 minutes. It was every 2 minutes. At least, that's what I calculated it to be.

>-Trailblazer badges and web keys
Still have my web key actually.....I think.

>-watching Dritzfury kill people with HB
Pshh, Dritzfury was trying to mimic me.

>-playing with Algion's 0/1 rt longbow
Until he broke it.

>-watching Moon Mage Ashkei make super capped ebony longbows because of the broken Prediction system
Wow, I never knew about this. However, I crafted "god-like" damage arrows due to something broken in the crafting system for a bit. So nice.

>Where is my cane....
It's rotted away over the years.

~Van
Re: Reminscing Ramble 12/05/2015 07:41 AM CST

I ended up selling my web key years ago because I had no plats. REGRET!

I still have my lightweight cane somewhere.

Dritzfury dragged me into those vines by Theren once, and then died, and I only had enough strength to drag him if I paused after each room. It was terrifying!

Jalika
Re: Reminscing Ramble 12/15/2015 05:10 PM CST
the good old times... when no one had made it past 70th circle...

~Purnay
"The object of war is not to die for your country, but to make the other bastard die for his."
Re: Reminscing Ramble 03/01/2016 12:02 PM CST

I just woke up in the realms after a very very long sleep and was so glad to see some of my old friends on the boards and in the game. So nice to see you guys!

Hugs!

Naturn
Re: Reminscing Ramble 03/01/2016 11:20 PM CST

Was good to see you over at the guild. Welcome back, and don't hesitate to ask any questions. Have fun!

Jalika
Re: Reminscing Ramble 04/15/2016 01:56 PM CDT

Well I went for a long walk and finally found my way home. Rangers are never lost but exploring.
Re: Reminscing Ramble 04/16/2016 11:37 PM CDT
Hey there Swimmo! Did you wake up on a beach in Aesry?

-hums-