Popping in for a short time 09/15/2012 07:11 PM CDT
Hey, Sylviir here. Just popping in. Thought I would check about and see who is still about, what has changed, yadda yadda yadda.
I think the last time Sylviir took to adventuring here was two Jans ago.
Re: Popping in for a short time 09/15/2012 07:21 PM CDT
Hah, found my favorite avatar as well.

Every act has a reason --- even a foolish act, though the reason may also be foolish.
Re: Popping in for a short time 09/16/2012 10:07 AM CDT
Welcome back! This is a good time to come back as DR Everything is supposed to be released "soon". GMs have stated it will be released during a month with an R in it. 8 whole months (

Welcome back! This is a good time to come back as DR Everything is supposed to be released "soon". GMs have stated it will be released during a month with an R in it. They have 8 whole months of choices (Sept.-May).

Take it easy and wander around a bit to get accustomed to DR again (when I came back after a lull, I went hunting and promptly go killed).

Always good to see more rangers coming around.

Zinaca and her fully-grown raccoon, Shadow
Re: Popping in for a short time 09/29/2012 12:55 AM CDT
Heh, I almost died. I saw those Thralls (sp?) on the NTR and started attacking one of the warriors...I won but the mage nearly killed me.

Yes, everything gets released here 'soon'. I'd be without a job if I did my job 'soon'.

Every act has a reason --- even a foolish act, though the reason may also be foolish.
Re: Popping in for a short time 09/29/2012 08:55 AM CDT
>Yes, everything gets released here 'soon'. I'd be without a job if I did my job 'soon'.

And the GMs would be without theirs if it didn't? These guys don't get paid. They have lives and families and this is a hobby. And it's not like they can be threatened with losing their jobs if they don't produce. Can't force them to do anything X way, etc. It's all volunteer so the big stick of employment is gone. Takes an entirely different approach to motivate and keep happy people you aren't paying for anything. In talking to some of them IRL and hearing how crappy their lives get sometimes, but they still hang on to DR because 'people are depending on me to code this widget!', potshots like this make me mad.

DR 3 is almost here.

Adding nothing to the conversation since 1834.
Re: Popping in for a short time 09/29/2012 10:34 AM CDT
I got to defend the GMs too, I heard recently from Solomon something for our update for 3.0 as it'll happen sooner then expected but later then wanted, and I partially laughed because I'm thinking on the later part most of us wanted it to be done and here already, so yes absolutely correct.

But give the GMs a break, they're pushing up releases, continuing events, and still churning out the big 3.0. And looming ahead is the October HE events, and festival, auction.

That's a whole lot of stuff for simple volunteers, well that's incorrect, plainly awesome volunteers would be more correct.

So yes, thanks AWESOME volunteers, and yes I'd love to see those companions to be coming down the ranger trail sometime soon, but I'm not freaking about it.

Anyone heard anything about Sithix, I think he was trouble shooting some personal life stuff, and well conflicting with abilities to hang out and do a hobby like coding. He doing well, things getting better? Well here's hoping his troubles are getting smaller. Life getting better.

Well thanks!
Re: Popping in for a short time 09/29/2012 01:00 PM CDT
<<Anyone heard anything about Sithix, I think he was trouble shooting some personal life stuff, and well conflicting with abilities to hang out and do a hobby like coding. He doing well, things getting better? Well here's hoping his troubles are getting smaller. Life getting better.>>

I think he is coding like mad on the DR Everything. He does intend to get to ranger stuff but obviously that has to wait until DRE is released. He is still alive and kicking--just too busy right now to read the boards and respond like he used to.

Zinaca and her fully-grown raccoon, Shadow
Re: Popping in for a short time 09/30/2012 09:33 AM CDT
Romney / Ryan 2012

Just looking out for Zinaca.

- Kart
Re: Popping in for a short time 09/30/2012 08:17 PM CDT
<<Just looking out for Zinaca.

Zinaca is in the 1% eh?

Falker
Re: Popping in for a short time 09/30/2012 10:21 PM CDT
No Zinaca doesn't want to be the last post, so this guy keeps popping an ad for Romney/Ryan, hey they have the same first letter as Republican (it's an inside joke).

Re: Popping in for a short time 10/01/2012 11:04 AM CDT
> So yes, thanks AWESOME volunteers

Yes. Thanks to the awesome volunteers. But boo to the company that is taking our money and relying on free volunteers to provide updates instead of investing a portion of that money to improve the game in a timely fashion. Maybe this is why the player base is so much smaller than it used to be. IMO it is a poor business model that in the long term hurts both the company and the customers.
Re: Popping in for a short time 10/01/2012 11:24 AM CDT
Go ahead and look up how much a single qualified programmer would make annually. Now tell me how much 10 would cost. Plus QA, board staff, game hosts, and a dozen other staff.

DR is not wow. DR does not have the player base numbers in place to hire programmers. It's a niche product.

Adding nothing to the conversation since 1834.