Skillset if you could have what you wish 07/10/2010 11:29 PM CDT
If you could pick your own skillset placement, what would it look be, pretend they would actually grant this.

Personally, I would want the Necro skillset as it currently is. survival prime, lore and magic secondary, weapons and armor tert. My character only has major ranks in about 5 weapons only three of which are actual weapons, really only trains 2 armor skills. Target magic is a formidable offensive/attack/damage dealing skill, probably one of the best in game. Evasion and hiding defend better than any armor, in general.

-Armifer says consequences are how we honor evil roleplaying.
-Abasha says, "Personally, I love supporting evil characters, but not if they can't take their lumps too.
-Quarel says, "Not me I hit you because I like to hit."
Re: Skillset if you could have what you wish 07/11/2010 09:29 AM CDT
I believe it was Armifer who said that if they had to do it again, Rangers would be survival primary, magic and weapons secondary, lore and armor tertiary.

Which happens to be what I have wished was the case for years.

There are, however, benefits to the current setup as well, which is great since it is exceedingly unlikely it will ever change.
Re: Skillset if you could have what you wish 07/11/2010 06:30 PM CDT
If I had the choice, I'd want to be secondary in everything like a commoner. That is, assuming primary in all isn't an option.

>describe boar
It's a boar. It doesn't like you.
Re: Skillset if you could have what you wish 07/11/2010 07:44 PM CDT
I'd rather have weapons secondary, and armor tert.

-Ranger Rhicter
Re: Skillset if you could have what you wish 08/16/2010 12:22 AM CDT
I like it the way it is. I'd never want to be weapon tertiary. That'd make us druids. I think that the way we are is what it should be for a ranger. Survivalists stealth fighters who use magic when necessary to fill in gaps. As far as I've seen, lore is mainly just for fletching. If we were "just like necros", we'd be "easy-mode" necros without the PvP flags. I admit that Survival primary, weapon and magic secondary would be very powerful and quite feasible, but I think that this recent focus on magic is a bit off track with the original idea for a ranger. Sure, some rangers chose to take a "druidic" path - and the diversity is what makes the guild great, but if we were equally magic/weapon dependent, we'd be lesser warrior mages who can hide.
Re: Skillset if you could have what you wish 08/18/2010 01:28 PM CDT
I agree with Leithlen (hope you are enjoying the islands). I like the skillsets the way they are. Yeah it makes lore and magic harder to learn, but I'd way better like to know my armor skills are up to keeping me alive. Or at least I think they will do that better than if they were tert. Not to mention the weapons. Besides if we were lore secondary we would have to sit around more that some already do.

Zinaca and her wolf, Lucky