Question on training Athleticism 02/24/2014 08:11 AM CST
Anyone have a spot to recommend training athleticism in the Lang/Rossman/Theren/RIverhaven area? Have about 400 ranks in Athleticism. DOn't necessarily need to stay in the area if needed.

Thanks,

Gniloi
Re: Question on training Athleticism 02/24/2014 02:30 PM CST
I imagine the river between haven and rossmans should train you.

Falker
Re: Question on training Athleticism 02/24/2014 07:10 PM CST

Also try the tree on the island that's in the middle of the river south of Cursings. Takes pretty good athleticism to swim there too, so that'll train it good as well. With 400 lessons you should be able to swim to the island ok.

I know the branch that you can climb down to under gondola will teach you quite well. Might need a big cast of atheleticism to climb it at first.

Bluefalcon
Re: Question on training Athleticism 02/26/2014 10:09 AM CST
Thanks guys. I had been training in the Jant but it seemed to really slow down. I will have to give the Segoltha a try again, first time there, I got stuck but that was a while ago.

Someone mentioned swimming west at the boulder in the Faldesu, that seems to work pretty good for now. Appears to train almost twice as fast as the Jant.

Thanks again guy,

gniloi
Re: Question on training Athleticism 02/26/2014 11:18 AM CST

Climb in Apes as well, that teaches loads.

Arct
Re: Question on training Athleticism 02/27/2014 01:11 AM CST
Don't listen to Arct, he just wants you dead in apes. : P Ah remember that we have access to all the beseeches for right now. So if you get stuck in the Segoltha, remember to call the water spiders to come make steps for you. Love those little guys.

Zinaca and her full-grown raccoon, Shadow who swims better than I do : (
Re: Question on training Athleticism 02/28/2014 06:47 PM CST
LOL I thought that Apes would be a bit high for him as well, unless his combats WAAAY exceed his athleticisim. Why I suggested the Segolthia and the branch.

Bluefalcon
Re: Question on training Athleticism 03/06/2014 01:26 PM CST
<<LOL I thought that Apes would be a bit high for him as well, unless his combats WAAAY exceed his athleticisim.>>

Yeah and it isn't just the apes on the ground that get ya, it's those hawks in the trees and they hurt! They like to go for the legs, so we can't climb the trees after. Hawk/apes alliance--baaad mojo.

Zinaca and her full-grown raccoon, Shadow
Re: Question on training Athleticism 03/06/2014 02:01 PM CST
Apes are not too hard, I generally get killed being dropped by a hawk on the occasion they grab me, or on occasion they do the uber spam me to death while I am in stun mode and can't do anything.

Arct
Re: Question on training Athleticism 03/08/2014 08:20 PM CST

Climbing in apes is great. Throw up a blend first, hawks won't bother you.

Jalika
Re: Question on training Athleticism 03/09/2014 01:21 PM CDT
You would remember blend you hiding thief type you! As for apes, what skills are needed to kill them? I just don't want to get killed and dragged all over the place--wait new death mechanics will help with that....so what's needed to kill em? Haven't been over there in a trees age.

Zinaca and her full-grown raccoon, Shadow who I wish would grow. But maybe she uses Oil of Olay
Re: Question on training Athleticism 03/12/2014 07:31 PM CDT

I am killing them with 500 ranks in weapons.....my defenses are 100 ranks higher. The only time I have to worry is when they throw bones at me while training parry.