Training Athletics? 01/28/2013 07:23 PM CST
I need something to train Athletics.....I usually hunt Gryphons around Rossman's and used to make semi-frequent runs to Crossing to train on the town walls(which apparently do not teach anymore). Anyone have any thoughts on where to train? I prefer climbing but at this point swimming would suffice.

Athletics: 330 54.68% clear (0/34)
Re: Training Athletics? 01/28/2013 07:54 PM CST
With a nice bonus and big Athleticism spell up, you should be able to swim the Jantspyre for Athletics.

I was never too impressed with the climbing situation in gryphons, but there are lots of climbs in the upper canopy area, you might try that as well.

GENT
Re: Training Athletics? 01/28/2013 07:57 PM CST
Climbing the Crossing Walls via the SF Climbing script is training athletics easily for me at 390 ranks. You probably just need to experiment with the tougher climbs around the walls if you're having trouble moving it.
Re: Training Athletics? 01/28/2013 07:59 PM CST
Corik's wall might not be advisable if it's not ranger-friendly, but you might get something there. Have you taken a look at the log to Undershard, or the branch in from Leth?

Good luck!

Sometimes the key to happiness is not assuming it is locked in the first place- Ziggy

A journey of a thousand SMILES begins with a single step- Ziggy
Re: Training Athletics? 01/28/2013 08:06 PM CST

Are all parts of the wall not equal? I have pretty much been climbing right at the NE gate.
Re: Training Athletics? 01/28/2013 08:12 PM CST
Ah. Yes, some parts of the Crossing wall are harder. The NE gate portion is one of the easiest parts.

Ryeka

Sometimes the key to happiness is not assuming it is locked in the first place- Ziggy

A journey of a thousand SMILES begins with a single step- Ziggy
Re: Training Athletics? 01/28/2013 11:49 PM CST
If you have fairly nice ranks in it, you might be able to try swimming the Segoltha. You might want to make sure you have the beseech Water to Solidify. Otherwise, the Jantspyre river is ok. I just use the Faldesu and swim nw, or ne or w.

NE gate of crossing is the very easiest part of the wall. You might be able to climb the wall outside West gate (go gate, go trail) and ne a couple. There is even pretty good mana there in case you want to prep Athleticism.

Zinaca and her fully-grown raccoon, Shadow who just doesn't understand why the 2 foots don't climb well
Re: Training Athletics? 01/29/2013 07:03 PM CST
<<If you have fairly nice ranks in it, you might be able to try swimming the Segoltha. You might want to make sure you have the beseech Water to Solidify. Otherwise, the Jantspyre river is ok. I just use the Faldesu and swim nw, or ne or w.>>

Man am I one of the few that go to the island in the middle of the Segoltha? You can go by swimming due N or S (depending on the side you're on) or use the beseech to solidify the water. But, anyway there's an island that you see in the middle of the river. Once you go shore, N, climb boulder, climb tree, climb rope. I usually can quite climb the rope so I practice climb rope. I have almost 395 in Athletics and I can lock it in under 15 minutes using athleticism spell. So I know that will teach you for quite a while.

Bluefalcon
Re: Training Athletics? 01/30/2013 07:13 PM CST
Oh Blue, I love that place! And yes I do use it (just now I'm near the Faldesu). I didn't post about it, because I was unsure if the poster had enough skill and stamina to get to the island.

I love the rocking chair.

Zinaca and her fully-grown raccoon, Shadow
Re: Training Athletics? 01/31/2013 02:23 PM CST
When I lived in Therengia, I climbed up and down the cliffs where the seords are, west of Theren on the way to Muspar'i.

There are a bunch of cliffs you can run up and down. I'd run a circle around there hitting all the climbs available, collect rocks for a minute, then repeat.