Re: Desert Titles 01/25/2007 06:17 AM CST
Thank you for laying that out for me soloman, I do have a better understanding now. I really wasnt trying to complain, just merely trying to state my opnion. In one hand I can agree with you on some of it, but in the other hand if there are alot of War Mage titles that should just be magic titles why not put them were they belong along with the survival titles we have? This would allow for more titles that anyone can have, thus also allowing for all guilds to get more personalized titles. And the more 'general' magic and survivals stuff to be available for all.

I dont know, I just dont think that just because were Rangers and we forage should mean we should have ranger specfic foarging titles. Of corse anything with Scouting on it would be distinctly ours because Scouting is our skill. But I feel that if anyone wants to commit themselves to gaining those ranks there should be something to reflect that. And Id hate for that something to not be there cause someone decided that Rangers need to all be FlowerCollectors, and LeafChasers. I feel that awarding those titles to anyone with the ranks to justify it regardless of guild, is what would be best insted of furthering the idea of the stero-typical Ranger.

I dont mean to poke at the new titles and sound ungrateful at all. I think there are alot of titles which I feel help define the guild and could really be used by some players to help define thier own charater to others. I think there are some great oppertunities there and I'm sure alot of players have found a title they feel reflects thier charater. I just feel that some of the titles can provide this, but there are others that just fall short of that. And it begs the question "Are we giving these titles to rangers because they are uniquely adaptable to only thier guild and useable only by them, or are we giving these titles to Rangers cause we can and because thier survival requirements justify it?"

Anyways thanks alot for keeping up this parlay with me here Solomon.

You wonder if the grimy bar of soap is the home of an evil spirit.
Re: Desert Titles 01/25/2007 11:46 AM CST
<<Anyways thanks alot for keeping up this parlay with me here Solomon.>>

My pleasure and thanks for doing the same.

The thing is, we just have to draw lines somewhere in situations like this. On one hand, we could totally eliminate Guild-restricted titles and move everything into "open" categories, but there would still be titles that people could never get due to Guild-restricted skills. In addition we WANT some titles to "belong" to certain guilds, if for no other reason than to allow Thieves a better way to fake who they are.

When it all boils down to it, its just putting things into arbitrary piles and collections. A few piles are a lot bigger right now than others and I feel bad about that. In the grand scheme of things, these particular piles don't make a lot of difference when it comes to mechanics or whatever, but I do know they mean a great deal to a large number of people. I understand the value of being able to define your character, which is the whole reason I really pushed this system through and did everything I did to make it happen. I just need to spread the love a little more evenly right now.

Solomon

What's going on?
http://www.livejournal.com/~drbubba

Re: Desert Titles 01/25/2007 02:24 PM CST
I can understand how you see it...."all titles are fodder for the theives so they can impersonate you"

Nah but really, I can see where your coming from and can agree that it would look mighty unfair...if anyone found out.snicker. Once again thanks for helping me wrap my brain around this. Expect to see me become more vocal so I can hopefully get what I want the second(third fourth fifth) time around.

Now go back to general forums!
Unless ye planning to switch guilds Bubba .snicker.

You wonder if the grimy bar of soap is the home of an evil spirit.
Re: Desert Titles 01/25/2007 03:14 PM CST
<<Unless ye planning to switch guilds Bubba .snicker.>>

I think my Ranger is still 5th circle. No thanks.

Solomon

What's going on?
http://www.livejournal.com/~drbubba