RE: Desert Titles 01/23/2007 11:55 AM CST
So Tarragon, now that your on duty...
What your take on desert titles for rangers?

On a side note this popped into my head as some multi-skill titles. All would need scouting foraging and firstaid, since to be honest those would be the most important skills I could think of in a desolate enviroment.

Desert series- escaping, scouting, foraging, firstaid
beseech the sun to dry
beseech elanthia to cradle

Swamp series- swimming, scouting, foraging, firstaid
beseech water to solidify
beseech dark to sing

Tundra series- climbing, scouting, foraging, firstaid
beseech the wind to preserve
beseech elanthia to petrify

You wonder if the grimy bar of soap is the home of an evil spirit.
RE: Desert Titles 01/23/2007 07:42 PM CST
Hey there,

I'm sorry to say, but don't count on any new titles coming out for Rangers for awhile. Rangers now have about 206 titles just for themselves, and they are number two on the list of Guilds with most titles. We are officially on the "No-more-titles-for-a-while list." (tm)

Cheers,

BrewMaster Paklin
RE: Desert Titles 01/23/2007 08:16 PM CST
Any idea how long it will be until we can see a full list, maybe with some requirements?

- Xelten
RE: Desert Titles 01/23/2007 08:58 PM CST
SHOT DOWN.

No worries maybe they can be moved over to the "Titles-when-they-need-new-ones" list.

RE: Desert Titles 01/23/2007 09:00 PM CST
On a side note I dont see any reason why we shouldnt make that little push up to "Guild with the most Titles" insted of the runner up.

So yeah.

RE: Desert Titles 01/23/2007 09:08 PM CST
Having the second most titles is not a good reason to prevent us from getting titles to cover areas of our guild that have not been covered.

We're not asking for 20 more forest titles, we're asking for a couple desert ones.
RE: Desert Titles 01/23/2007 11:03 PM CST
<<Having the second most titles is not a good reason to prevent us from getting titles to cover areas of our guild that have not been covered.>>

Having 200+ titles when, for example, Empaths have 51...that's reason enough that we're going to focus on other guilds for a while.

<<We're not asking for 20 more forest titles, we're asking for a couple desert ones.>>

Understandable. Feel free to keep collecting them and posting them here, however, as I said, I'm shifting attention to Traders, Empaths, Paladins, and Moon Mages now. They all have less than 100 each. Barbarians, Warrior Mages, and Rangers all have over 200 and Thieves have like...9257, once you count all the pretend titles and some of the exclusive Criminal ones.

Solomon

What's going on?
http://www.livejournal.com/~drbubba

RE: Desert Titles 01/23/2007 11:24 PM CST
>>Understandable. Feel free to keep collecting them and posting them here, however, as I said, I'm shifting attention to Traders, Empaths, Paladins, and Moon Mages now.

Bards and Clerics?

You are Malkien, a dashing Barbarian. Huzzah!
You are Apis, a legendary Cleric in your own head.
You are Ragesong. What sort of Kaldar is a Bard, anyways, doofus?
You are also Pellazan (WM), Essatariol (Ranger) and running out of sig space.
RE: Desert Titles 01/24/2007 06:02 AM CST
while we're chatting about how many titles other guilds have, how about giving thieves and rangers back whats rightfully thiers, and taking away the Arcane Sniper title from war mages? I've brought it up in the past and am bringing it up again, reasoning is pretty logical and straight forward. to wear the sniper title one must have the SNIPE ability, that would be rangers and thieves exclusively.
shinumo
RE: Desert Titles 01/24/2007 07:19 AM CST
How about some desert titles in the survival series then that would be available to all guilds to tide us over till this discrepency can be fixed?

_______
Mists and Magic, Ocean Breezes, Deep Rivers Under the Sea, Trails Between the Stars: Where nothing is as it seems.
RE: Desert Titles 01/24/2007 09:58 AM CST
<<Bards and Clerics?>>

Clerics had a big pile that just went in. They're still only at 107, but they're getting closer.

Bards have a large pile about to go in as well.

Solomon

What's going on?

RE: Desert Titles 01/24/2007 10:00 AM CST
<<I've brought it up in the past and am bringing it up again, reasoning is pretty logical and straight forward.>>

Its already being discussed.

Solomon

What's going on?

RE: Desert Titles 01/24/2007 12:49 PM CST
* Your post here *
Bards and Clerics?>>

<<Clerics had a big pile that just went in>>

more for empaths would be cool, too. <espec for TF where you can force shift, if its possible to put certain title for just that instance... :-) >

"Word on the street is, ya been lookin' out for the best interests of the Guild."
RE: Desert Titles 01/24/2007 01:12 PM CST
Sorry guys, Ranger's just have too much. We figure we'll cut back on you guys a while since you have so much.

Titles are just approving words and necessary requirements. It's not a skinning rewrite, or companion system.

Justifying the shift of resources in other directions was never used for us while everyone else had release after release and we decayed here complaining to nobody. I don't understand why we can't simple additional words (I really don't care about the titles, it's the idea of Ranger's being second-class to everyone else in the eyes of GM's for some reason) put in a list that people could care less about compared to actual guild systems.

Sorry Rangers, you can't have a desert title because Empath's only have 51 titles and you have more than that.

How about, "Sorry Warrior Mages, you have gotten _(I started making a list for the past 2 years, but it ended up being multiple paragraphs so I just didn't post it) recently, so we're gonna go help with Team Ranger for a while."
RE: Desert Titles 01/24/2007 03:00 PM CST
<<Titles are just approving words and necessary requirements.>>

You are welcome to think that, but you'd be wrong.

1) Don't make this into a Guild vs Guild thing.

2) Don't make this into something that's not about titles and just a complaint about development.

We are in no way saying "hahaha no more titles for Rangers just so they'll be mad!" so let's just cut that foolishness out right now.

Solomon

What's going on?

RE: Desert Titles 01/24/2007 03:09 PM CST
>>How about, "Sorry Warrior Mages, you have gotten _(I started making a list for the past 2 years, but it ended up being multiple paragraphs so I just didn't post it) recently, so we're gonna go help with Team Ranger for a while."

Because the GMs are volunteers and don't want to work on some guilds/systems. Just ask Jent what happens when you try to make a GM stop developing for what they like and focus on something they don't want to do.

-Teeklin

"Gown Removed Carelessly. Head, less so." - Joss Whedon

"I agree, and think the Ranger requirements are totally ludicrous." - Zeyurn
RE: Desert Titles 01/24/2007 03:30 PM CST
Burn-out rate increases dramatically if you're forced to do something you don't really like. I taught high school computer for 1 year...I really hated that class. It made for really long days, however, when I taught science I could teach all day and have fun. I looked forward to each day. I didn't care how much work something was so I did all sorts of research to help my class.

Calissa's player
RE: Desert Titles 01/24/2007 03:49 PM CST
Im not trying to complain really. I had orginally stated that I thought of it more as a set of title that got left out. I would have thought that putting locale titles like forest, river, and mountian; would have included all of the terrian available in the realms.

Not to be GvG in any way, but as an example the war mages have very indivudal titles concering thier magics and what type of mage they are (earth, wind, and fire.snicker.etc, etc, etc.) I would think something like this would also apply to Rangers, being masters of the land and the various types of land available.

Also not to downgrade the new titles in anyway, but i think alot of them that were realeaed for Rangers are somewhat just alot of "survival" titles. Not really anything Id say is ranger only (leaf chaser, muleskinner, daisypicker, etc.)

On that note a way to shut me up for good is just to look at it and see if you agree with me and move the new titles that should be survival, over to survival. And than re-count the ranger titles and see if you can justify a few more for a rakash with no homeland who swims in sandpits for fun....and those other rangers too.

RE: Desert Titles 01/24/2007 04:15 PM CST
>><espec for TF where you can force shift, if its possible to put certain title for just that instance... :-) ><<

Gender Bender?

-=Dirge. We've been kicking ash for centuries!=-
RE: Desert Titles 01/24/2007 04:56 PM CST
<<I had orginally stated that I thought of it more as a set of title that got left out. I would have thought that putting locale titles like forest, river, and mountian; would have included all of the terrian available in the realms.>>

I'm going by what Daethar said about Desert Titles.

There are always going to be questions and a difference of opinions as to what category a title belongs in. I imagine we could take 50-100 of the Ranger titles and easily move them into the Survival category since that would make perfect sense (given the nature of your guild...pardon the pun) and then yes, Rangers would definitely be short however many titles you'd like us to move. We could move 100 or more Warrior Mage titles into the Magic category and we could move 100 or more of the Barbarian titles into the Weapons category, too, and then everyone would be more even, but there would still be some guilds with as few as 50 titles and we'd still work on them before adding any new ones for those three guilds. If you consider NOT adding titles as "taking something away from Rangers", then I'm not sure I or anyone else can say anything to change your opinion about that, but we're not "taking" anything from you. You're just not getting as much as you want, just like other guilds haven't gotten as much as they want either.

However, as I said, at this time there are other guilds we're focusing on when it comes to titles. So while I, Daethar, Tarragon, and Paklin all encourage you to feel free to collect ideas and make suggestions for new titles, they're not going to be added until I'm done working on titles for Clerics, Bards, Moon Mages, Empaths, Paladins, and Traders. And even after that, I may decide that 200 titles is plenty, or I might decide that some DO need to be moved or adjusted. However, I can say that I'm also not going to make 5 versions of every Warrior Mage title out there so that someone can be a Fire Tempest, an Aether Tempest, a Water Tempest, an Electricity Tempest, an Earth Tempest, or an Air Tempest, either, just like we don't have (and won't have) Jungle Wardens, Steppe Wardens, Lush Valley Wardens, Rolling Hill Wardens, Barren Plain Wardens, Brackish Estuary Wardens, or Tropical Archipelago Wardens. Whether we have Desert Wardens or not remains to be seen.

Paklin, Tarragon, and Daethar will continue to work on Ranger stuff as they have been. My working on some other guild's titles isn't going to cause them to stop what they're doing.

Solomon

What's going on?

RE: Desert Titles 01/24/2007 08:00 PM CST
>Jungle Wardens, Steppe Wardens, Lush Valley Wardens, Rolling Hill Wardens, Barren Plain Wardens, Brackish Estuary Wardens, or Tropical Archipelago Wardens

Haha. That made me snicker.

-Vision et al

Also, I can shoot bees.
RE: Desert Titles 01/24/2007 08:54 PM CST
Some people just like to complain no matter what. It would have been nice to see those Desert Ranger titles suggested more so before the release of the titles. I don't remember seeing many if any at all. Regardless though, the titles are appreciated by most of the guild.

Now can we get a list? :) or a partial list, or a small sample...

The Dragon priest hisses, "We'd have won, too, if it weren't for thossse meddling kidsss."
>
RE: Desert Titles 01/24/2007 10:55 PM CST
>Brackish Estuary Wardens, or Tropical Archipelago Wardens

That's a tossup, hard to say which is better. I'd love to be the warden of either.
RE: Desert Titles 01/26/2007 11:41 AM CST
>>I'm sorry to say, but don't count on any new titles coming out for Rangers for awhile. Rangers now have about 206 titles just for themselves, and they are number two on the list of Guilds with most titles. We are officially on the "No-more-titles-for-a-while list." (tm)

Thanks! Titles are cool and all but sound like a lot of red tape trying to get them approved. Rather see you all working on nature's pool and things!

Anyway, my take on titles is quality over quantity. Id rather not see a thousand more <environment type> <skill name> titles. If you really want to have a certain title, get a custom one or something.

Foxrhyn