Title suggestions 07/09/2005 06:12 PM CDT
Forgive me if someone else suggested, or i spelled something wrong so on and so on. Here's a few suggestions I had in mind.

Forest Guardian
350 Evasion
350 hiding
350 stalking
350 Perception

Wild Blade/Wild Archer
350 blade/Ranged
380 scouting
380 hiding
380 stalking

Shadow Tracker/Shade Tracker
250 stalking
250 hiding
300 scouting
300 Perception
Or whatever it takes to Track in hiding

Natural Fury/Nature's Fury
390 Weapon
420 evasion
420 scouting
420 perception

Quintessence
400 swimming
400 climbing
400 scouting
400 foraging

Wind Runner:
250 Scouting
250 perception
see the Wind Spell

Ierna Lyba:
350 scouting
350 Foraging
350 hiding
350 stalking

Essence:
250 swimming
250 climbing
250 scouting
250 foraging

Forest Spirit:
325 swimming
325 climbing
325 hiding
325 stalking
325 foraging

Florestal:
250 Foraging
250 Perception
Beseech Wind to Preserve

River Warden:
300 Scouting
350 swimming
150 Animal lore
300 Evasion

Game Warden:
400 Scouting
350 skinning
175 Animal lore
400 Evasion

Trophy Hunter/Master Arranger
400 in skinning
ability to arrange

Shadow Hunter/Huntress:
AT least 300 in hiding
at least 300 in stalking
At least 250 in Scouting
At least 250 in Skinning
At least 275 in Highest Armor
At least 300 in Highest Weapon
At least 300 in Evasion
Must still have the ability to snipe

Naturalist:
800 swimming
800 climbing
800 foraging

Feel free to add to the list I think rangers need more titles!
Re: Title suggestions 07/09/2005 10:47 PM CDT
How about a title for us rangers that train the survivals thats dont count anymore? Lockpicking and stealing. Since they are still, even years after the change, some of my higher skills.

Asterid
Re: Title suggestions 07/09/2005 11:18 PM CDT
Way-Too-Bored Ranger Asterid

Now how I remember you
How I would push my fingers through
Your mouth to make those muscles move
That made your voice so smooth and sweet
Re: Title suggestions 07/10/2005 03:40 AM CDT
Very nice list. Only thing I'd change is "Wild Archer" to "Wild Arrow" in keeping with the Wild Blade thing. But otherwise I absolutely love some of those. Forest Guardian, Shadow Tracker, Trophy Hunter, Shadow Hunter...all just great.

-Teeklin
Re: Title suggestions 07/10/2005 12:04 PM CDT
Nuisance

Requires Swarm and HB.

Pest

Requires Swarm, HB and snipe.

Asterid
Re: Title suggestions 07/10/2005 01:37 PM CDT
>>Shadow Tracker/Shade Tracker
250 stalking
250 hiding
300 scouting
300 Perception
Or whatever it takes to Track in hiding

Well theres already a Shade Walker title... however shade tracker is more suited for rangers then shadow tracker...

Shade Walker
At least 400 in Scouting
At least 425 in Hiding
At least 425 in Stalking

But either way Shade Tracker sounds like a higher title then shade walker so it would either have to swap reqs or be higher then shade walker

>>Natural Fury/Nature's Fury
390 Weapon
420 evasion
420 scouting
420 perception

Would like to see either Awaken Forest or HB as part of the req for this too... makes more sense.

>>>Forest Spirit:
325 swimming
325 climbing
325 hiding
325 stalking
325 foraging

Again sounds like a title you guys already have, Forest Wraith...

Forest Wraith
At least 475 in Scouting
At least 500 in Hiding
At least 500 in Stalking
Must have Awaken Forest Spell

>>Shadow Hunter/Huntress:
AT least 300 in hiding
at least 300 in stalking
At least 250 in Scouting
At least 250 in Skinning
At least 275 in Highest Armor
At least 300 in Highest Weapon
At least 300 in Evasion
Must still have the ability to snipe

Personally I'd say keep Shadow out of the title, Shade would be better, all the "Shadow" titles right now are survival titles. Reqs for hiding and stalking are also low for what the average "shadow" title is. The title "Shadow" itself is around 400 hiding alone.

The shadows on the wall indeed ran long across the room during the late hours of the afternoon.
Re: Title suggestions 07/10/2005 03:04 PM CDT
I like Shadow Tracker and Shade Tracker both fit well for rangers. Considering its a matter of perception of what a person is doing, I think the reasonng of the lower reqs is because that is when a ranger can begin Tracking while in hiding if i'm correctly.

Yeah awaken forest would be a good add on to the req for that.

Forest Spirit and Forest Wraith I see as two diffrent aspects. I think of Wraith as being tougher then Spirits just a odd thing i think of i guess.

I'm not sure what Shadow titles there are which are in the survival area. Shadow hunter sounds nice Shade Hunter could work as well. I know most rangers Snipe and Poach most critters they hunt if they have the ability to do so. So they are hunting from the Shadows in essance.

I really liked Forest Guardian since I wanted Guardian since I was circle 1.

I really like all the titles and hope they get real consideration for being added. I think variations of the same title is more then acceptable considering the variations have a reasoning behind them. River Walker, Wind Runner, Master Tracker, Arc Forester, Arc Warden, River Warden, Mountain Ranger... All i can see valid ways of implementing... The forester is a higher level of Forester like Arch Scout... If anyone disagree. I'm more then happy to hear why.

Those who pride themselves on being the Hunter can easily become the prey.
Re: Title suggestions 07/11/2005 08:13 PM CDT
Its just a matter of personal opinion is all.

Rangers seem to be more on the "good" side then on the "bad" side but you can have evil rangers you can have good rangers. The word Shadow Tracker gives it more of a sinister sound while the word Shade Tracker gives it more of a shadowy but good natured sound. If you get what I'm saying o.O

The shadows on the wall indeed ran long across the room during the late hours of the afternoon.
Re: Title suggestions 07/11/2005 11:57 PM CDT
<<Rangers seem to be more on the "good" side then on the "bad" side but you can have evil rangers you can have good rangers.

I was always under the impression that we go out of our way to help others. One can think they are evil, but really now...what kind of evil can you do in these realms without the gods jumping all over ya?

Gimlias Minas-Tirith
Box Seller
The Dragon's Egg
http://www.geocities.com/drboxes
Re: Title suggestions 07/12/2005 01:37 AM CDT
<<what kind of evil can you do in these realms without the gods jumping all over ya?>>

The Outcasts sure managed quite a bit of it. I agree though... I don't see enough player characters, in my view, roleplaying evil well. I sometimes see people take "roleplaying evil" to mean "do evil actions for evil's sake" but it's really a lot more insidious than that...

But I suppose we'll be seeing a lot more evil PCs when necros come out.

Marksman Ahmir Nam'al
Re: Title suggestions 07/12/2005 07:15 AM CDT
actually the limitation to being evil in this world lies not within policy, but within the ability to affect one's world. You can have no serial killers since there are no peasants, you can have no assassins because there is no one of note to assassinate most often, you can have no diabolical plans to hold the world for ransom because you have no world leaders that can't god-kill you

Souv

You sense (N, S) from your current position:
A relatively healthy presence nearby.
Roundtime: 6 seconds
Re: Title suggestions 07/12/2005 06:47 PM CDT
<<Forgive me if someone else suggested, or i spelled something wrong so on and so on. Here's a few suggestions I had in mind.>>

TIBBSS:

These are awesome. :)

Expect to see several of them.

Solomon

What's going on?
http://www.livejournal.com/~drbubba

Re: Title suggestions 07/14/2005 06:28 AM CDT
I also wish to add my name to the list of folks that want the title Guardian back. I have been looking forward to that for a long time, and I would really appreciate it if you'd just put parry and discipline reqs on it and make it general shield. I also know that a lot of rangers really miss that title, and want it or a very close replacement back, if you refuse, then we demand that you use at least half of my silly titles, and give me a custom title of my choice, or else we will storm the guilds of Crossing and sing really, really badly. Snickers

The wimpy ranger who's name shall not be known.;)