New Ranger Requirements 09/05/2008 06:14 PM CDT
Does anyone know or have heard when the new requirements are supposed to be released for the ranger guild?
Re: New Ranger Requirements 09/06/2008 12:43 PM CDT
> Does anyone know or have heard when the new requirements are supposed to be released for the ranger guild?

Last we heard was 2 months after final approval of the reqs. I don't recall being told about the final approval. Z also told us he wanted to release a few more survival skills tweeks/rewrites before we go live on the new reqs. I'm thinking new climbing and climbing, swimming, foraging going onto the the PRACTICE verb mechanics.

~Hanryu Ves'Shomis
Sword of House Calibanor, Emerald Knight, Keeper of the CEC, Ranger
http://drplat.com/CombatEquipmentCompendium.xls
>Tiesse exclaims, "The power of soon compels you!"
Re: New Ranger Requirements 09/07/2008 10:46 AM CDT
> I'm thinking new climbing and climbing, swimming, foraging going onto the the PRACTICE verb mechanics.

Been gone for a while, any chance you can direct me to where I can find out what that means or give me a quick intro? I've not heard about PRACTICE verb mechanics....

-pete
Re: New Ranger Requirements 09/07/2008 11:23 AM CDT
At present, bards use Practice. It could make for an interesting expansion.

Sometimes the key to happiness is not assuming it is locked in the first place- Ziggy

A journey of a thousand SMILES begins with a single step- Ziggy
Re: New Ranger Requirements 09/08/2008 07:50 AM CDT
I don't know that there are any red-name posts dealing with Practice, but the idea will be instead of foraging up 500 yew sticks, you type PRACTICE FORAGE and it'll pulse (think humming) for a while. You should be able to do other things, but there will be restrictions. I imagine the flexibility of doing other things will be off set by the reduced teaching rate compared to actually foraging, but that is just speculation. This should also cut down on the number of folks falling off the wall outside the NE gate also.

Has anyone seen any GM posts in other folders concerning the new Practice mechanics and the climbing rewrite?

~Hanryu Ves'Shomis
Sword of House Calibanor, Emerald Knight, Keeper of the CEC, Ranger
http://drplat.com/CombatEquipmentCompendium.xls
>Tiesse exclaims, "The power of soon compels you!"
Re: New Ranger Requirements 09/08/2008 02:54 PM CDT
Ok, thanks! That is what I was thinking was meant. First aid sure would be another good one for PRACTICE, especially since that is typically how one actually learns it.

My leaning on the practice thing for forage would be to have it be an option on forage / collect, so you can have more flexibility in how to use it... FORAGE <thing> CAREFUL PRACTICE. Just have messaging that you found the thing and didn't pick it.

Has there been any word on new scout options, like SCOUT FORAGE that would return what you can forage in an area? I mean, I have a script that can do this, but it seems silly to have to do it that way.

In general is there a good place to get info on what is in-process? I know several things that were in-process when I last played are still not finished, but I'd be interested in seeing what's new.
Re: New Ranger Requirements 09/08/2008 03:11 PM CDT
<<Has there been any word on new scout options, like SCOUT FORAGE that would return what you can forage in an area? I mean, I have a script that can do this, but it seems silly to have to do it that way.

I believe there was mention at the recent con that this would be developed as a RECALL function.

-Evran

Armifer: EMA is now five times less likely to blow up in your face than MDIS!
Infomercial Co-host: That's incredible, Armifer! I know -I- would want this spell after hearing that!