Requirement Meeting 06/10/2008 06:19 PM CDT
Before the changes go into effect, can we have an ig meeting? I've spoken to so many old time Rangers that simply don't read the boards and had no clue this was even being discussed.

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." --Eleanor Roosevelt

"We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them." --attributed to Albert Einstein
Re: Requirement Meeting 06/10/2008 06:54 PM CDT
>Before the changes go into effect, can we have an ig meeting? I've spoken to so many old time Rangers that simply don't read the boards and had no clue this was even being discussed. <

Personally I would suggest to anyone that does not read the boards to at least read the GM announcements folder.

I'm not sure if I'm ready to have another meeting yet or not. It takes a lot of the energy I normally put into coding and stuff for that week, and I've already got way more priority things than I care to think about right now.

-Z
Re: Requirement Meeting 06/10/2008 07:14 PM CDT
Suggest all you want but the fact is not everyone reads the boards. Either do a meeting or at the very least make an in game announcement.

Arctuniol

Knowledge is like manure, it's only good when spread.
Re: Requirement Meeting 06/11/2008 08:46 AM CDT
I'm sure they'll do a NEWS article when the new reqs go live. Furthermore I try to bring it up every week at the Mentor Ranger Meetings. I know there's this stigma of "those are only for newbs" but I'v been trying to make it more of a "lets get together and chat" kind of thing. So if you run into those rangers that are to lazy to read the GM announce folder, maybe suggest they check out News 4 14 (which apparently isn't working right now, I'm on that though).

~Hanryu Ves'Shomis
Sword of House Calibanor, Ambassador of the Ilithi Court, Emerald Knight, Keeper of the CEC, ... still a Ranger
http://www.kynevon.info/CombatEquipmentCompendium.xls
Re: Requirement Meeting 09/01/2009 11:05 PM CDT
>>Personally I would suggest to anyone that does not read the boards to at least read the GM announcements folder.

I'm not sure if I'm ready to have another meeting yet or not. It takes a lot of the energy I normally put into coding and stuff for that week, and I've already got way more priority things than I care to think about right now.

-Z

While I would at least like to see a news announcement pointing us at the forums or something, I'm all for you spending more time coding than looking at the boards or planing meetings.
Re: Requirement Meeting 09/02/2009 06:58 PM CDT
Wow, that must have been an old post. Y'all now have an advocate (me) and I do read the forums and am able to post regularly.

You have questions? Have at 'em.

:-)
SGM Audacia

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.
Re: Requirement Meeting 09/03/2009 08:29 PM CDT
I realize the next day that I fail at all things including reading the date of the post before mine when catching up on the boards.