A request for a guild wide meeting 01/11/2004 04:50 PM CST
You see a wolf come into the guild and drop a scroll tube. Retrieving the scroll from the tube you read:

Dear Paklin and Ranger Team:

There used to be a meeting at least once a year. With the combat changes and all...now would be a good time for a guild wide meeting in my opinion. As part of the meeting we could invite the critter/gen GMs and combat GMs. And get to know the ranger team (is there one--or only you left Paklin?).

We know you have a lot on your plate. Hell, I doubt you can even find the plate or the desk it is on right now. But it would be really really nice to have a little pow-wow and exhange ideas and greets.

Zinaca
Re: A request for a guild wide meeting 01/11/2004 05:09 PM CST
>>>There used to be a meeting at least once a year.

Huh? What guild are you talking about?

~Dulcinia

We all know that Crap is King
Give us dirty laundry!
--Don Henley

... now most everyone uses dryers so the expression is outdated and meaningless.
--Sylvado
Re: A request for a guild wide meeting 01/11/2004 05:54 PM CST
>>We know you have a lot on your plate. Hell, I doubt you can even find the plate or the desk it is on right now<<

hah i saw his office when they had it opened he didn't have much there, just a bar and kegs and stuff, saw a mess of paper work but i bet most of that is from jents days and and he just plopped it on there.

I wish we had a meeting once a year, but unfortunately we don't and he might be bogged down with some other stuff i bet. got to get the best coders to work for DR2.

Nimmo "Cabana Boy"

Nimmo brings his cupped hand forward and pulls it back, holds a flat palm above his eyes and then brings his cupped hand forward and pulls it back.
Re: A request for a guild wide meeting 01/11/2004 05:59 PM CST
We do have a meeting every year. It's called SimuCon. :-D

~~~Krin
"Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati"
"Goblins ... aisle 6, Mycthengelde ... hunt smart, hunt S-Mart!"
"You whine like a mule ... you are still alive!"
Re: A request for a guild wide meeting 01/11/2004 06:26 PM CST
Actually, Jent said we were going to have a meeting once a year while he was in charge. He was around long enough to have at least two, IIRC.

Qreyq

Come to the Packhouse!
http://packhouse.home.comcast.net----
Re: A request for a guild wide meeting 01/11/2004 08:35 PM CST
There used to be a meeting every single weekend. Then Rob left us...sobs

-Teeklin Tessenoak, Proud Ranger of Elanthia

It's only after we've lost everything, that we're free to do anything.
Re: A request for a guild wide meeting 01/11/2004 08:38 PM CST
<<And get to know the ranger team (is there one--or only you left Paklin?).

You never leave the ranger team.

Peperic Timarson, a Ranger, all around nice guy and occasional board bully.
Re: A request for a guild wide meeting 01/12/2004 01:17 AM CST
Well, I seem to remember a couple of ranger guild wide meetings.

Anyway, now would be a nice time for one to have isn't it?

<<hah i saw his office when they had it opened he didn't have much there, just a bar and kegs and stuff, saw a mess of paper work but i bet most of that is from jents days and and he just plopped it on there.>>

Ha! some ranger you are! Didn't you look at the bar? There were stairs and a door you couldn't unlock (or at least I tried and couldn't--perhaps Schvartz or Soim could). Anyway you had to look at the bar--or was it search the bar--to see the door and stairs--I bet that is where he not only keeps the kegs he isn't keeping for a "party" and all the work piled on him lately. I like this man's cleaning--yup best way to get rid of stuff is push it behind a door and close it. Out of sight is out of mind.

Zinaca
Re: A request for a guild wide meeting 01/12/2004 02:01 AM CST
Traders have a guild meeting every month. How come they get it and we don't? Waaaah! I'm jealous... we should call it TraderRealms. Hmpf.

All kidding aside, it would be nice to have a guild meeting sometime in the near future. With all of the mechanics and personnel changes, I know that there's been a lot for Paklin to inhale lately, but it would be nice to see where we stand right now, an in-depth and interactive look at what's on his plate, and what direction he sees the guild moving in.

-Spirit
Re: A request for a guild wide meeting 01/12/2004 05:05 AM CST
>>Ha! some ranger you are! Didn't you look at the bar? There were stairs and a door you couldn't unlock (or at least I tried and couldn't<<

Too funny next time try Go stairs, hehe he has a desk down there :), with paper piled on top, but its jents old papers i bet, and there were some books

Nimmo "Cabana Boy"

Nimmo brings his cupped hand forward and pulls it back, holds a flat palm above his eyes and then brings his cupped hand forward and pulls it back.
Re: A request for a guild wide meeting 01/12/2004 03:11 PM CST
since the first time i was down there ive been tryin to get ahold of those "Instructions for Everything." "The Joy of Socks" book sounded interesting... but since i dont wear any, im afraid if i read it, it might change my mind... and ive been with my sandals for so long, im afraid they wouldnt forgive me for giving them up for a pair of socks and some shoes.

Quidri

"...and therefore never send to know for whom the bell tolls; it tolls for thee."

Sniper - No Need to Run, You'll Only Die Tired.
Re: A request for a guild wide meeting 01/12/2004 03:36 PM CST
Just where your socks with your sandals. Become an angry old man!

You young whippersnappers know nothing, back in my day...

Peperic Timarson, a Ranger, all around nice guy and occasional board bully.
Re: A request for a guild wide meeting 01/12/2004 03:50 PM CST
Pep lies. He never had a day.

~Dulcinia

We all know that Crap is King
Give us dirty laundry!
--Don Henley

... now most everyone uses dryers so the expression is outdated and meaningless.
--Sylvado
Re: A request for a guild wide meeting 01/14/2004 09:09 PM CST
Hear Hear!

" Set your goals in life low and revel in your mediocrity " Calvin of "Calvin and Hobbs "
Re: A request for a guild wide meeting 01/14/2004 09:10 PM CST
Hey there,

We'll be having one, but just not right now. I know the last couple of years we have had one in January, but things are just not at the point where I am ready to have one. Ask again in 2 or 3 months.

Cheers,

BrewMaster Paklin
Re: A request for a guild wide meeting 01/15/2004 02:00 PM CST
Request denied.

Muely
Re: A request for a guild wide meeting 01/19/2004 02:29 AM CST
Thanks for the answer Paklin. Sort of figured you had a lot on your plate. (if you can find the plate or the desk even).

Will do--enjoy the Vegas Con too...I so wish I could go.

But as I am not rich....

Zinaca--by the way, wanna open your office again? I wanna try that locked door again ; ) Oh and if you do---put out some of the special ale!
Re: A request for a guild wide meeting 02/14/2004 02:15 PM CST
>>We'll be having one, but just not right now. I know the last couple of years we have had one in January, but things are just not at the point where I am ready to have one. Ask again in 2 or 3 months.

Appreciate that you are still thinking of doing one, Paklin. I know the one I attended in 2002 was heavily responsible for getting me back to playing and the excitement from the one in 2003 got a few other folks to come back.

Looking forward to it when you can.

-pete
Re: A request for a guild wide meeting 02/14/2004 03:25 PM CST
<<Appreciate that you are still thinking of doing one, Paklin. I know the one I attended in 2002 was heavily responsible for getting me back to playing and the excitement from the one in 2003 got a few other folks to come back.

Maybe with DR II changes we could have a gathering place in the wilderness with the necessary meeting conditions such as hush and portals?

Sylvado

"It's not much of an adventure without risk."
Re: A request for a guild wide meeting 03/29/2004 04:44 AM CST
I am still wondering about us having a meeting so. I am asking again since its been bout two months:) Alrights since now i asked Bye.
Thanks Paklin for the great impovements so far.

Those who pride themselves on being the Hunter can easily become the prey.