Meetings Musings. 01/15/2003 01:24 AM CST
Just a couple things that struck me were:

1. Stalker's Canopy still on the Planned list - Very surprising, considering the Invisibility thang and the fact that SoTT already gives a boost to stalking. Just wondering if and what changes the function of the spell will undergo.

2. Absence of Mountaineering - Bit of a disappointment, but with it seemingly being Tarragon's baby (so to speak) not too surprising since he's away.

3. Absence of Underwater Combat - Heh, I'm prolly the only person in the realms that still holds out hope that we'll see this one day. It'll be sweet!

4. Trapping - Sweet

Tusca - Ranger putting away his "Our Guru is ruining our guild" signs for another year. heehee.
Re: Meetings Musings. 01/15/2003 05:07 PM CST
<<2. Absence of Mountaineering - Bit of a disappointment, but with it seemingly being Tarragon's baby (so to speak) not too surprising since he's away.>>

Hopefully 2004. I'm just happy the bonus works and the few other recent additions to the skill.

Later,

Jent
Re: Meetings Musings. 01/16/2003 10:42 AM CST
I ended up missing the meeting since my little girl fell ill, but I would have jumped all over the part about fletching crossbows. As one of the few LX primary rangers (Saying 'few' because I know there has to be at least ONE other) I've been hoping that one day this would happen. My only concern was, would it be more like longbows (just mech/longbow skill) or actual forging which incorporates a little skill of all edges. Plus I have a hundred other questions such as reduced load RT's, strenth, balance, yadda yadda. Basically how can I get rich off making crossbows since I tan as well as a crippled novice Bard.

Anyhow, the meeting log filled in a lot of blanks, thanks for that. Some good questions were asked.

Ciek
Re: Meetings Musings. 01/16/2003 01:33 PM CST
<<As one of the few LX primary rangers (Saying 'few' because I know there has to be at least ONE other) >>

Hey Ciek,
Im LX secondary ME primary .. so LX as primary ranged. I asked a post question about dual-wield, hopefully can fight with a blade and LX at the same time someday.

- Tarmerdes
Re: Meetings Musings. 01/16/2003 03:50 PM CST
<< hopefully can fight with a blade and LX at the same time someday.

- Tarmerdes >>

I don't see that happening seeing as how it takes two hands to load a crossbow any way you slice it.

Aeclydis
Re: Meetings Musings. 01/16/2003 04:57 PM CST
<<I don't see that happening seeing as how it takes two hands to load a crossbow any way you slice it.

currently, you can load certainly HX and LX with a shield in hand.

Falk
Re: Meetings Musings. 01/16/2003 05:48 PM CST
<<<I don't see that happening seeing as how it takes two hands to load a crossbow any way you slice it.>>>

Freshly back to the realms so I'll cut ya a bit of slack and just give tha proof.

>get ilt
You get a razor-edged dueling iltesh from inside your traveler's pack.
>glance
You glance down to see a forester's crossbow in your right hand and a razor-edged dueling iltesh in your left hand.
>load
You reach into your quiver and get one of your jet black bolts to load your forester's crossbow.
Roundtime: 6 sec.

- Tarmerdes
Re: Meetings Musings. 01/16/2003 07:13 PM CST
<<I asked a post question about dual-wield, hopefully can fight with a blade and LX at the same time someday.>>

That'd be awesome. I got HE as a back-up, which I really really hope is considered for dual wield as well. I can see it now...

shoot whack load whack shoot whack...

Or... since ya really only need one hand to load, aim, and fire a light crossbow... how's about a little dual LX there Jent? Can load left cross, load right cross, shoot shoot, rinse and repeat...

Ciek
Re: Meetings Musings. 01/16/2003 07:14 PM CST
Hell lookit me, getting greedy already...
Re: Meetings Musings. 01/17/2003 07:37 AM CST
<<Or... since ya really only need one hand to load, aim, and fire a light crossbow... how's about a little dual LX there Jent? Can load left cross, load right cross, shoot shoot, rinse and repeat...>>

Have never tested it, but seems to me you can do this already.
Load cross, swap, load cross, shoot, swap, shoot, rinse and repeat...
Re: Meetings Musings. 01/17/2003 08:04 AM CST
<<Have never tested it, but seems to me you can do this already.
Load cross, swap, load cross, shoot, swap, shoot, rinse and repeat... >>

Ok, then how about snipe left, snipe right.

- Tarmerdes
Re: Meetings Musings. 01/17/2003 09:12 AM CST
Exactly... Swap brings you out of hiding. Other than that, it's a good way to fire 2 shots quickly.

Ciek

*Will sell soul for repeating crossbow*
Re: Meetings Musings. 01/17/2003 11:05 PM CST
<<Freshly back to the realms so I'll cut ya a bit of slack and just give tha proof.>>

Thanks for taking it easy on me! :)

Aeclydis