Scouting meeting 10/04/2002 04:37 AM CDT
Due to issues that required my full attention, I was unable to attend the meeting. I request either written information delivered to my cabin, the courier will be paid (short version, email) or for those that attended to make use of this folder and discuss what happened. For those counting, this is the only post since its creation on March 25th.

Harome, until our next encounter
Re: Scouting meeting 10/04/2002 09:06 AM CDT
This is just the GM part. I didn't stick around for the Q&A, having heard about incredibly long Ranger meetings can be ;) Gods I hope I have it formatted correctly. frets

Jent says, "Okay anyone logging this is a good time to start."

[The Crossing Amphitheater, The Seating Area]
Stone benches and wooden seats form a semi-circle around a stage at the north end of this theater. Designed so even a whisper can be heard by all, this area is used for everything from town meetings to staged performances. You also see a young raccoon who is sitting, a speaker's list, and a large stone archway.
Also in the room: Phairdon, Scout Elddric, a woozy GameMaster Paklin, Hunter Bluefalcon, Scout Yrell, Wayfarer Mylandar, Aislin, Scout Falkonis, Marrk, Barnacus, Lowca, Damthel, Wanderer Amerius who is sitting, Takei, Telemann, Qreyq, Keines, Ranger Fyiona who is sitting, Pathfinder Izzit who is sitting, Wanderer Erlo, Wanderer Hymel who is sitting, Trailmaster Atrups, Willican who is sitting, Hunter Gyar, Huntress Zephyria who is sitting, Scout Maulboro, Ranger Kyrrian, Dragaera, Korsobar, Seralik who is sitting, Hawkman who is kneeling, Zyrix, Feral Lycanthus, Daereth, Drifter Pamplona, Outrider Fengreve, Sevothium, Ranger Kadim who is sitting, Qurush, Antea who is sitting, Maedow, Launtris who is sitting, Ranger Fervius, Storrmm, GameMaster Jent, Recluse Muras who is sitting, Hermit Mistarrial who is sitting, Faenaro, Huntress Mehathi, Allegoria, Trailmaster Muely, Kyssandra who is sitting, Scout Ciek, Waveshell, Charlize, Seei, GameMaster Raenek, Mountaineer Wryt, Valynn, Mountaineer Naturn, Arrys, Duli, Scandi, Scout Valeres, Sendithu, Galidae, Drifter Aggal who is sitting, and Donar who is sitting.
Obvious exits: none.

Jent says, "Okay let's begin."

A young raccoon looks around curiously.

Jent says, "We called this meeting to go over some changes we are making to the Scouting Skill. This is the only topic we will be discussing tonight,"

A young raccoon scratches its nose with its two front paws.

Jent says, "We are in the final stages of developing some broad based changes to the Scouting skill including major changes to the TRACK verb and additions to the SCOUT verb. There will also be some new additional verbs to go a long with the skill."

A young raccoon cleans its face with its paws.

Jent says, "Like I said these changes are major, Tracking as you know it today is changing."

A young raccoon watches the area carefully.

Jent says, "Right now the old system works the same way for anyone with more than 25 ranks in Scouting."

Jent says, "At best there is a one second variation in RT's."

Jent says, "The longest anyone can hold a track is about 2 and half minutes."

Jent says, "Lastly, Tracking does one thing and one thing only."

Jent says, "This is all changing."

Jent says, "To coincide with these changes we are also adding more features to SCOUT, allowing Rangers to do a few more things. The prototype to all this was the RTS, the trail marker system. RTS stands for Ranger Transit System. We expanded the RTS into a system we call the PTM. Personal Trail Markers."

Jent says, "So we have a few things we need to tell you about tonight."

A young raccoon sniffs at the air.

Jent says, "Raenek is going to start with the changes to Tracking."

Raenek asks, "Do we have to?"

Jent points at Raenek.

Raenek grumbles.

Jent says, "You're up."

Raenek says, "Tracking is going to be set up more like the RTS rather then just a straight Jump to the target. Except for Critters, Critter tracking will remain similar to what it is right now."

Raenek says, "The RT's for tracking are now greatly expanded based on your skill and a few other things."

Raenek says, "Exp. gains are now based on distance and how well you can travel to the target."

A young raccoon chitters noisily for a moment.

Raenek exclaims, "The biggie!"

Raenek says, "Tracking stationary NPC's is gone. There may be a few lurking around out there still, but they will be found and fixed."

Raenek says, "Okay now the Good stuff."

Raenek says, "The tracking hold on a target has a maximum time of 15 minutes. Depending on your skill."

Raenek says, "At high level skills you can Pick up a track while hidden."

Raenek says, "At high level Skills you can track a target from hiding."

Raenek says, "You will now be able to bring a group with you while tracking a target. Based on the same conditions as the RTS."

Raenek says, "You will be able to cover your tracks and the tracks of others. "

Raenek says, "A highly skilled Ranger has the chance of finding covered tracks. "

Raenek says, "Thats it on tracking."

Raenek nods to Jent.

Jent says, "We are going to open up for some questions later."

Raenek says, "Tracking is going to be great. Over to jent"

Jent says, "Paklin is going to talk about the PTM and the changes to the RTS "

Jent points at Paklin.

Paklin says, "Allrighty. Here we go..."

A young raccoon scratches at the ground before you looking for some attention.

Paklin says, "PTM, its gonna be really cool."

Paklin grins.

Paklin says, "At least I tihnk so."

Paklin says, "You will be able tocreate your own trailmarker."

Paklin says, "Then, you'll be able to scout back to it."

Paklin says, "You will be able to bring a group with you based on the RTS system."

A young raccoon sniffs at the air.

Paklin says, "Your trail mark will be somewhat unique."

Paklin says, "Each player will have a somewhat unique trailmarker to distinguish themselves...."

Paklin says, "Dritz's Trail mark is a pretty pony."

Paklin grins.

Raenek says, "Should be daisies"

Raenek ducks his head.

Paklin says, "There is a complex system of understanding trail marks that allows you to do a variety of things with them."

Paklin says, "There will be several verbs you can use on them."

Paklin says, "Additionally, you MAY be able to figure out who created it."

Paklin says, "And, if you are lucky..."

Paklin says, "You'll have enough skill to use the trailmarker to scout back to the Ranger that created it."

Raenek gets a speaker's staff.

Paklin says, "That's about all, for now. I'll let more hints drop when it gets released."

Paklin chuckles.

Paklin says, "But, this is gonna be the best way to learn the scouting skill."

Jent says, "Okay before we start with questions."

Paklin says, "Oh, one other thing.."

Jent says, "The new systems are less that 6 weeks away."

Paklin says, "With the new changes to tracking, tracking critters will behave like tracking players, not, as Raenek mentioned, like it currently is."

Jent nods to Paklin.

Jent says, "Like the RTS"

Paklin says, "I've made a couple bug fixes to the original trailmarkers also."

Paklin says, "The holding sometihng in your hand message and the too injured message, will better differentiate themselves now."

Paklin says, "And, you should be able to start a journey on a trailmarker wihle hidden, and sneaking down it."

Jent nods.

Paklin says, "All done."

Jent nods.

Paklin says, "Back to you."

Jent says, "Okay"

Jent says, "The new systems are less that 6 weeks away."

Jent says, "We have a busy October in front of us."

Raenek wobbles, looking a bit faint.

Jent says, "So we are going to release this last, it may not happen till November but we are real close on it."

Jent says, "We know we will have bugs"

Jent says, "And we are going to address those asap."

Jent says, "okay so remember only questions dealing with this subject. That being the Scouting Skill and Tracking.."

Jent says, "Open the list"

Paklin exclaims, "Release the hounds!"

Raenek just hugged a speaker's staff!

Raenek just opened the speaker's list.
Re: Scouting meeting 10/04/2002 09:46 AM CDT
Somone, Sorry I forgot who but thanks, posted the entire log on the slate.

Sylvado
Re: Scouting meeting 10/04/2002 01:47 PM CDT
Yar,I be wantin to add to this with da list of questions dat you landlubbers were too bored to stay for.

Yar,some good questions were asked!

starting from where the last post ended off:

Paklin exclaims, "Release the hounds!"

Raenek just hugged a speaker's staff!

Raenek just opened the speaker's list.

Jent says, "We are going to one go 'round on the list and tehn stop and see what time it is."

Raenek just closed the speaker's list.

Raenek points a speaker's staff at Fervius and the usher moves over and holds the voice scepter before him.

Fervius exclaims, "First, on behalf of everyone, HUZZAH!"
>Fervius smiles.
Jent nods.

Jent says, "Thanks"

Fervius asks, "Second, you said that at high levels, we get certain benefits, what skill level would you consider to be, "High" for things like tracking other people through their markers?"

Fervius says, "Or hiding while tracking."

Jent says, "I would say that a high level is close to 300"

Jent says, "but there are other factors"

Jent says, "next"

Jent smiles at Fervius.
>Raenek points a speaker's staff at Allegoria and the usher moves over and holds the voice scepter before her.

Allegoria says, "y'all rock"

Jent grins.
>Allegoria asks, "have there been any plans/questions about having horses figure as part of the "group" we can bring along trailmarkers or when tracking?"

Jent says, "We are staying away from horses right now."

Allegoria chuckles.

Raenek points a speaker's staff at Damthel and the usher moves over and holds the voice scepter before him.

Jent grins at Paklin.

Damthel asks, "My question be about da learning, as it is now I dont learn nuttin from scouting, neither do most folks I ask?"

Jent says, "You will learn more"

Damthel asks, "So it nae da same as it is now?"

Jent says, "You will also learn Perceptions from certain things associated with the skill."

Raenek nods.
Paklin says, "I also re-adjusted the experience award for trailmarkers."

Jent says, "It will be better"

Jent nods to Paklin.
>Damthel says, "Ahh"
>Damthel grins.

Damthel says, "Ok thank yaz, sounds great"
>Damthel smiles.

Raenek says, "Some areas will teach better soon"

Jent says, "You will also have a chance to learn Scholarship and Teaching with one of the systems."

Raenek grins at Jent.
>Jent says, "...and you will also need Scholarship and teaching."

Damthel grins.

Aislin just left.

Sendithu is next.

Raenek points a speaker's staff at Sendithu and the usher moves over and holds the voice scepter before her.

Sendithu says, "First, this sounds like it'll be terribly fun, and probably just in time for my birthday, so thanks, and my that was thoughtful."

Jent says, "One queustion per player."

Jent grins at Sendithu.
Sendithu asks, "To the point..do you have any plans to increase the EXP gain for hacking through places like geni or walking through un-blazed trails?"

>Jent says, "Yes"

Jent says, "Those codes have been rewritten as well."

Raenek says, "The geni are will be seeing something new."

Sendithu says, "Fun! Good to hear."

Jent says, "I played AD&D"

Jent says, "and there was a great Ranger thing that we just had to have here."

Raenek grins at Jent.

Sendithu squints at Jent.

Raenek points a speaker's staff at Sevothium and the usher moves over and holds the voice scepter before him.

Pamplona just left.

Sevothium says, "First, great job guys and I can't wait to see how everything turns out"

Jent nods to Sevothium.

Jent says, "Me too"
>Jent chuckles.

Sevothium asks, "My question: will we be able to have PTM's on the island and/or to bypass the gondola?"

Paklin shakes his head.
>Jent says, "Okay "

Jent says, "Good Question"

>Jent says, "i was waiting for that"

Jent says, "Tracking and the PTM have been set up to prevent you from traveling over or around obstacles that are intended by the World Team to add distance to the game. "

Jent says, "So no on the gondola"

Sevothium asks, "no on the islands as well?"
>Jent says, "and you can use them on the island as long as all the criteria is met."

Sevothium nods.

Sevothium says, "thanks"

>Jent says, "Now here is the other thing..."

Jent says, "If we missed something we really need to know about it"

Jent says, "so if for some reason you can track from Ratha to Leth, that would be a bug."

Paklin says, "Or from one island to another."
>Jent nods.

Jent says, "Glad you used teh gondola as an example."

Jent grins.

Sevothium grins.

Frederickj is next.

>Jent says, "Thanks"

Raenek asks, "Can we skip him?"

Jent grins at Raenek.
>Raenek chortles softly at some secret joke.
>Raenek points a speaker's staff at Frederickj and the usher moves over and holds the voice scepter before him.
>Frederickj says, "easy S.K."
>Frederickj winks at Raenek.

Frederickj says, "Dangit, now you're gonna force me to dig through boxes to find my old Player's Handbook. My question is this: With Paklin's increase to learning from the RTS, is that now a feasable method to train the skill? (meaning can someone with a moderage amount of scouting get it past say muddled in under an hour). Also, on the not tracking past obstacles, the maps look like you 'could' move from Haven to Theren."

Frederickj pants.

Jent says, "You could move to Haven to Thern is there was a way to blaze a trail in the first place."
>Jent grins.

Jent says, "We have to be careful not to step on any area Guru's toes"

Frederickj asks, "and the training via trailmarkers question?"

Jent says, "Tracking will now be the worse way to learn Scouting."

Jent says, "The best way will be the PTM and then the RTS"
Raenek says, "one question per person"

Raenek sticks his tongue out at Frederickj.

Frederickj says, "well, it was the first question"

Jent says, "Here is the thing"

Jent says, "With the old tracking"

Jent says, "you folks would use a "Magic portal""

Jent says, "it was based on distance of 2 points, but in actuallity the distance was a few feet but the system read it as up to 300 miles."

Jent says, "so as you can imagine that was one of the first things to go"
>Jent grins.

Jent says, "Tracking doesn't require as much skill as the RTS and the RTS doesn't require as much skill as the PTM"

Jent says, "So we rewarded exp accordingly"

Jent says, "I hope that makes sense."

Paklin says, "Plus, the added benefits of the new tracking and PTM..."

Jent nods.

Jent says, "Yup it is a fair trade off in my mind."
>Paklin says, "You'll be able to bring groups along with ya, like the trailmarkers now."

Raenek points a speaker's staff at Zephyria and the usher moves over and holds the voice scepter before her.

Zephyria asks, "Sounds like I picked an exciting time to wake up. On the PTM's.. if a ranger is dead can you scout to their dead body with sufficient skill?"

Jent exclaims, "Welcome Back!"

Zephyria exclaims, "Thanks!"

Zephyria looks at Jent and blushes.

Raenek says, "Yes welxome back"

Jent asks, "i actually don't know the answer to that. Paklin?"

Zephyria says, "Oooh.. and can you let us track dead folks again? I really miss that"

Paklin says, "IN a round about way...."
>Jent nods.

Paklin says, "Here is a little better explanation of their use.."

Paklin says, "You'll first off need to create your trailmarker. This will be a little bit of work, but nothing too hard."

Paklin says, "Then, you can set your trailmarker up in a room, and go wherever you'd like."

Paklin says, "WHenever you want to return to your trailmarker, you'd Scout back to it."

Paklin says, "Now, if you were out hunting and you died..."

Paklin says, "And someone was skilled enough, and knew where your trailmarker was..."
>Paklin says, "They could scout to you."

Zephyria says, "That should prove to be quite useful"

Paklin says, "And you'll be able to do a few things to your trailmarker..."

Paklin says, "Making it easier or harder for someone else to find, for exmaple."

Paklin says, "That's all I'll give away for now."
>Paklin grins.

Paklin says, "Back to you."

Jent grins.
>Paklin points at Jent.

Zephyria smiles at Paklin.

Raenek points a speaker's staff at Galidae and the usher moves over and holds the voice scepter before her.

Galidae smiles.
>Jent smiles.

Galidae says, "Was wondering about the unique marks for personal trails. Are those something we design, or are they assigned, and are they assigned to all Rangers...or is there a skill requirement to get it? (and believe it or not, that's all one question)"

Paklin says, "FOr now, it is assigned. Kinda like the BB spell did."

Raenek says, "Spiritweenie."

Raenek pokes Spiritshadow in the ribs.

Jent says, "The problem with personalizing trail marks is that it has to be written is such a way that it fits into teh messaging of the code."

Raenek bops Falkonis over the head.

Jent asks, "Who is next?"

Kyssandra is next.

Raenek asks, "Do we gotta?"
>Jent nods.

Raenek grumbles.

Raenek points a speaker's staff at Kyssandra and the usher moves over and holds the voice scepter before her.
>Kyssandra squints at Raenek.

Kyssandra says, "I heard that"

>Jent grins.
>Kyssandra says, "First off, Jent...no more teh...this isn't TF..."

Kyssandra pokes Jent in the ribs.

>Kyssandra says, "Now my question"

Kyssandra says, "As it stands now if your tracking target crosses certain barriers (like a barricade) you autmatically lose ALL the signs that person previous to the barricade, which just isn't logical."

Kyssandra asks, "With the changes will it be possible for us to follow tracks up to the barricade? Then perhaps make an educated guess that since the footsteps end at this barricade, perhaps our target went over it?"

Jent says, "no"
>Kyssandra frowns.

Raenek exclaims, "I do say He is a Spiritweenie. Hereforth let that be known!"

Raenek points a speaker's staff at Daimok and the usher moves over and holds the voice scepter before him.

Daimok says, "2 questions but they are yes/no quickies"

Jent says, "That is another huge project we are not ready to start and it will bedesigned with some specific features in mind."
>Daimok says, "will we be able to track non stationary npc's and is personal trail marker limit (number that can be made)"

Daimok says, "i.e smelly cat"

Jent says, "One trail marker at a time"

Jent says, "and that is 2 questions"

Jent grins.

Raenek says, "Non stationary NPC will be gone. There might be a few that slipped by me but they will be got"

Raenek winks.

Jent grins.

Daimok says, "you only mentioned stationary ones"
>Daimok nods.

Jent nods to Daimok.

Raenek says, "err stationary one I mean"
>Raenek blushes a bright red color.

Raenek says, "if they move you can track them"

Jent nods.

Paklin says, "You can create many trailmarkers, but the latest one you make will be the only one that is active."

Raenek exclaims, "Bye bye Denison!"

Raenek ducks his head.
>Jent waves.
>Laurilana glances at Raenek.

Jent says, "bu-bye"

Raenek points a speaker's staff at Bluefalcon and the usher moves over and holds the voice scepter before him.

Bluefalcon says, "hey Jent"

Jent says, "Hey Blue"
>Bluefalcon says, "nice addition"

Bluefalcon smiles at Jent.

Jent grins.

Jent points at Paklin.

Jent points at Raenek.

Raenek asks, "Can I kill him Jent. hes bugging me?"
>Raenek ducks his head.

Jent says, "They did most of the work."

Bluefalcon asks, "Question is how is this going to affect scouting a room for foragables?"

Bluefalcon chuckles.

Bluefalcon says, "I got permisson to snipe him? "

Bluefalcon laughs!
>Jent says, "We are going to need to find a new verb for that function."
>Jent grins.

Raenek leans over and licks Bluefalcon.

Bluefalcon says, "ahh ok"
>Bluefalcon pokes Raenek in the ribs.

Bluefalcon says, "fix arrowheads"
>Jent says, "Look for that with the foraging rewrite."

Bluefalcon nods.
>Bluefalcon says, "ok thanks"
>Paklin wobbles, looking a bit faint.
>Raenek says, "Arrowheads suck"

Raenek snickers.
>
Arrys is next.

>Raenek points a speaker's staff at Arrys and the usher moves over and holds the voice scepter before him.

>Arrys says, "first sounds like fun so thank you all"

Arrys says, "And for the question how durable will the trailmarkers be permanent till reset or will they fade"

Arrys says, "Say on death or leaving"

Jent says, "The time will be based on how smart you are and how well trained you are in Scouting."

Jent says, "as far as being dead."

Jent says, "PAFO"
>Arrys says, "Ok thanks again look forward to trying it out"

Raenek laughs!
>Jent grins at Arrys.

Arrys chuckles.

Jent pats Arrys on the back.
>Arrys says, "I die alot so will do"

Jent nods.

Jent says, "Okay I guess we are doing more questions."

Jent fixes Raenek with a frank, even stare.

>Raenek says, "come on sign up"

Raenek chortles softly at some secret joke.

>Raenek asks, "not him please?"

Jent says, "Skip him"

Raenek says, "Anyone but him"

Raenek points a speaker's staff at Falkonis and the usher moves over and holds the voice scepter before him.
>Falkonis falls to the ground laughing hysterically!
>Raenek grumbles.

Falkonis chuckles.

Falkonis says, "didn;t let me on the first list"

Falkonis frowns at Raenek.
>Raenek snickers.
>Jent says, "Yeah it worked the first time"

Raenek says, "Only good looking folks first"
>Falkonis says, "I got a million questions"
>Jent says, "One"
>Falkonis says, "but I guess it could be summed up"

Falkonis says, "basically"

Falkonis says, "can you got into a little more detail on hte PTS"

Jent says, "PAFO"
>Falkonis says, "by that I mean"
>Jent says, "Next"

Raenek laughs!
>Jent says, "no go ahead"

Jent chuckles.
>Falkonis says, "scouting for others markers"

Falkonis says, "if they have a great deal more skill"

Falkonis asks, "that would make thier markers harder to find right?"

Paklin says, "Right. But..."
>Jent says, "PAFO"

Paklin grins at Jent.

Falkonis points at Paklin.

>Falkonis says, "he was talkin"

Falkonis sticks his tongue out at Jent.

Jent says, "There will be a guide when the time comes."
>Raenek says, "Pafo him Paklin"

>Falkonis says, "by the way the system sounds really great guys, just make sure it teaches well"

Paklin says, "Ok, I'll join the crowd...."
>Paklin says, "PAFO"

Raenek laughs!
>Falkonis says, "I'm gonna get Damissak to snipe you again"
>Jent says, "There we go"
>Falkonis pokes Raenek in the ribs.

Laurilana laughs!

Raenek exclaims, "Spiritweenie is Next!"
Jent pats Falkonis on the back.

>Falkonis chuckles.

Falkonis bows.

Raenek points a speaker's staff at Spiritshadow and the usher moves over and holds the voice scepter before him.

>Spiritshadow says, "NOT a weenie"

Spiritshadow gets a spindly mushroom from inside his spidersilk backpack.

Spiritshadow takes a bite of the mushroom.
Spiritshadow falls to his knees, doubles over, and begins to retch violently!

Spiritshadow says, "Okay"

Spiritshadow asks, "Now, I know you covered the possibility of being able to sneak down a trail while hidden with enough skill. Would it maybe be possible to do something like hide, forage, tend, cast a spell, etc. in mid-transit?"

Jent says, "No"

Spiritshadow grins.

Spiritshadow says, "Okie dokie. Was just wondering"

Jent says, "Believe it or not you are picking up time on those trails."

Raenek begins chortling at Spiritshadow.

Spiritshadow nods to Jent.

Jent says, "So no time for love Doctor Jones."

Spiritshadow says, "Thanks Shorty"
>Raenek laughs!
>Jent says, "Anytime"

Laurilana says, "Rangers are just tooo funny"

Raenek exclaims, "Crap! How does he do it!"

Raenek points a speaker's staff at Frederickj and the usher moves over and holds the voice scepter before him.

Frederickj says, "speaking of the living impaired, will it be possible to haul a corpse down a trail now? I mean, I don't think they're gonna mind the bumps and cuts. (maybe with the side effect of them picking up more wounds)"

Jent says, "We talked about that"

Jent says, "We haven't decided anything yet."

Frederickj says, "uh, didn't see that question"

>Frederickj says, "talked about following the trail of a fallen ranger to his corpse"

Frederickj says, "not what you could do once you get there"
Jent says, "I mean I try to get you folks all the good stuff but Raenek and Paklin always shoot me down."

Jent grins.
>Paklin glares at Jent.

Frederickj says, "Raenek can't shoot"

Jent says, "We haven't decided yet."

Paklin chuckles.
>Raenek says, "wanne bet"

Raenek snickers.

>Frederickj says, "wow, a straight answer from Jent. You're slipping"

Raenek says, "heh no old farts"

>Raenek points a speaker's staff at Fengreve and the usher moves over and holds the voice scepter before him.

Fengreve says, "Sounds like some great stuff there, Jent's gents."

Fengreve says, "Do have a couple of things in mind, though."

Jent says, "One"
>Fengreve asks, "PTMs will last until you leave or a length of time depending on how smart you are and how skilled at scouting you are, eh. Like how long? How about a time range? A few hours, a day or two? Will there a limit to the number of times they can be used so that folks just don't go mindlessly back and forth on their ptms in a zombie state?"

Raenek says, "one questions"

Fengreve says, "I'm a ranger. I can't count. Sue me."

Jent says, "In game it will be enough time."

Fengreve asks, "Gads, Jent. What does that mean?"

Fengreve bows to Jent and begins groveling! With a quivering voice, Fengreve begs Jent to show mercy and kindness for his inexcusable actions!

Jent says, "PAFO"

Fengreve gasps!

Jent says, "That is what that means."

Fengreve weakly says, "Medic."

Fengreve says, "Seriously, though, will there be a limit on number of uses to the ptms? That's important."

Jent says, "You will figure it out the first day."

Fengreve chuckles.
>Fengreve says, "Okies."

>Jent says, "More like the first hour."

>Raenek points a speaker's staff at Mistarrial and the usher moves over and holds the voice scepter before her.

Mistarrial says, "Ok, I am really excited, but as a younger Ranger, is there any way you will tell me when we will start to get to see these fun things? such as tracking from hiding..."

Mistarrial's ears perk up happily.

Jent asks, "anyone what to answer that?"

Raenek says, "PAFO"

Mistarrial says, "I basically am asking how many ranks... "

>Falkonis laughs!
Mistarrial's ears droop for a moment.

Mistarrial says, "had to try"
>Raenek cackles!
>Mistarrial grins like an idiot.

>Bluefalcon rubs Mistarrial gently.

Mistarrial leans on Bluefalcon.

Mistarrial says, "well thank you then"
>Jent says, "We can't give you ranks"

Mistarrial asks, "circles?"

Raenek says, "yeah it skipped you hymel"

>Jent says, "mostly because Ranks are not the only thing we look at"

Mistarrial gazes hopefully at Jent.

Jent says, "You are really just going to have to PAFO"

Mistarrial nods.

>Mistarrial grins.

Jent says, "Most of these folks will figure out the limits the first day it is released."

Raenek points a speaker's staff at Hymel and the usher moves over and holds the voice scepter before him.

Hymel says, "Not even fully back yet and already being dissed by the system"

Hymel grins.

Jent pats Mistarrial on the back.
>Raenek says, "les dis him again"

Hymel asks, "Quick question... is the game environment going to affect the tracking/scouting/trailmarker system?"

Jent says, "Yes"

Hymel asks, "Like time of day or weather?"

Jent says, "Something like that"

Hymel nods.

Hymel says, "OKies"
>Jent grins at Hymel.

Raenek pokes Lither in the ribs.

Raenek points a speaker's staff at Muely and the usher moves over and holds the voice scepter before him.

Muely says, "The best place for Rangers to be is in the wilderness. With all the fun changes, will the wilderness areas(leucros/genis) be opened up for tracking and scouting? As it is now, we lose our track there."

Muely appears to be listening intently for something.
>Jent says, "No but we are going to look at it"
>Muely nods.

Jent says, "There are about 7 other things that we still want to do with Scouting"

Jent says, "We just didn't have time to get to them all."

Muely says, "which are.."

>Jent grins at Muely.
>Muely grins.

Jent says, "I'll tell ya one"

Muely says, "Fair enough."

Muely leans to his left slightly.
Jent says, "Tracking Inviso players."

Muely's jaw drops.
>Raenek gasps at Jent!

Raenek exclaims, "Youtold!"

Muely cackles!

Muely exclaims, "Great!"
>Jent says, "We think so."
>Jent grins.

Muely says, "Falkonis says he loves you."

Muely nods to Jent.

Muely says, "What that means..."
>Muely shrugs.

Raenek says, "not him again"

Raenek points a speaker's staff at Bluefalcon and the usher moves over and holds the voice scepter before him.

Bluefalcon pokes Raenek in the ribs.
>Bluefalcon grins.

>Jent asks, "Question?"

Raenek asks, "Next?"

Jent points at Bluefalcon.

Bluefalcon asks, "hey Jent you said in Genis with enough scouting we didnt have to hack our way in, how is this going to affect it, especially leading a group?"
>Bluefalcon says, "yes"

>Bluefalcon says, "was typing"

Jent says, "I didn't say that"

Jent grins.

Jent says, "But it is a good guess"

Bluefalcon says, "yeah you did in a round about way"
>Bluefalcon chuckles.

Jent nods.

>Bluefalcon says, "you asked why we needed to hack"

Jent says, "It should be better, is the answer."

Bluefalcon asks, "about the same skill levels? or less?"

Jent says, "PAFO"

Raenek points a speaker's staff at Barnacus and the usher moves over and holds the voice scepter before him.

>Barnacus says, "First, Thanks a bunch guys... Been waiting years for this and love it"

Jent nods.

>Jent says, "I'm glad you are here to see it"

>Barnacus says, "Second, will we either be able to use the RTS or the RTM to get to Ker'leor from Theren? There's only two trailmarkers up there and it's hell on learning anything."

Barnacus says to Jent, "Me too."

>Barnacus grins.

Paklin says, "I need to run back to work, gang. Have fun."
>Paklin waves.
>Jent waves.

Barnacus waves.

Jent says, "Actually I'm not sure"

Paklin sneezes and blows himself into oblivion.

Jent says, "We had to enter in about 25000 pieces of info to be able to figure out where you can track from and to."

Jent says, "I don't remember them all."

>Jent says, "Sorry"

Barnacus says to Jent, "Would be nice of there was a third trailmarker or we could use the PTM for that."
>Barnacus nods to Jent.
>Barnacus exclaims to Jent, "No problem!"

Jent nods.

Jent says, "Thanks"

Raenek points a speaker's staff at Charlize and the usher moves over and holds the voice scepter before her.

Charlize says, "just out of curiosity, since so many things are being added to the verbs"

Jent nods.

Charlize says, "is there gonna be a scout/track help verb? to help us figure out how to use this stuff? or is it a PAFO experimental thing"

Jent says, "There will be an event"

>Raenek says, "Your rangers tough it out."

Charlize nods to Jent.
>Raenek ducks his head.

>Charlize grins at Raenek.

Jent says, "but we can look at SCOUT HElP"

Charlize says, "i dont mind either way, im excited, just curious"

Jent nods.

Lycanthus asks, "considering I have yet to find my first trail marker, if and when I stumble across someone elses PTM will I be able to track back to the marker as well as maybe to the maker?"

Jent says, "Well you can set you own marker next to it"

Lycanthus says, "If I can make one that is"

Jent says, "You should be able to find the markers that are out there now. "

Lycanthus shrugs.

Lycanthus says, "Thats all I had, thank you"

Raenek points a speaker's staff at Mylandar and the usher moves over and holds the voice scepter before him.

Mylandar asks, "Thanks, love the inviso tracking and all the rest. I was wondering will the environment cause personal markers to fade quicker or slower than normal?"

Jent asks, "Didn't some post them on a web sitre somewhere?"

Jent says, "It might"

Mylandar grins.

Mylandar purrs happily in Jent's general direction.

>Jent grins.

Raenek points a speaker's staff at Mehathi and the usher moves over and holds the voice scepter before her.

Mehathi asks, "This thing on?"

Raenek says, "nope"

Mehathi says, "My question's been answered, but I just wanted to say thanks for all of the new releases."

Jent says, "You are welcome."

Raenek points a speaker's staff at Allegoria and the usher moves over and holds the voice scepter before her.

>Allegoria frowns at Jent.

Allegoria says, "i don't make songs for just ANYbody"

Raenek says, "feed her to the pirates."

Allegoria smirks.

Allegoria says, "you wish"
>Jent grins.

Allegoria shows Raenek her worn leathers.
>Allegoria says, "anyway"

Allegoria asks, "you said that right NOW our own markers are assigned... does that mean that you do have plans for us to be able to customize them latah?"
>Jent says, "Hey Look "My Little Pony" just showed up."

Allegoria glances at Jent.
>Raenek laughs!
>Allegoria chuckles.

>Jent says, "We want to"
Raenek points a speaker's staff at Dritzfury and the usher moves over and holds the voice scepter before him.

Dritzfury asks, "my what the what?"
>Raenek points a speaker's staff at Allegoria and the usher moves over and holds the voice scepter before her.

Jent says, "but it will be intense to customixe them."
>Allegoria laughs!

Jent says, "customize"
>Allegoria nods to Jent.

Allegoria says, "i dont' care if it takes TONS of skill"

Allegoria says, "it'd be well worth it"

Jent says, "It is just really time consuming for us."

>Allegoria nods to Jent.

Allegoria says, "hey everything's GRAND"

Allegoria says, "i'm not complaining"

Allegoria says, "cept mayb about Raenek"
>Jent nods.

Allegoria says, "but he's just jealous"
Raenek snickers.

Jent grins.

Allegoria says, "cuz he aint a Captain"

Allegoria smirks.

Raenek says, "I am captain, You just thin you are"

Raenek points a speaker's staff at Valeres and the usher moves over and holds the voice scepter before him.

Valeres asks, "Are there any plans for more hunting areas premie or otherwise that will require the assistance of a ranger (tracking/scouting) to get the hunters in and out? Like (search) is to the genis/leucro/crocs areas?"

Valeres grins.

Jent says, "No but there will be a major Climbing Swimming area. Where the new Scouting is really going to come in handy."

Raenek points a speaker's staff at Seei and the usher moves over and holds the voice scepter before him.

Seei says, "Howdy"

Jent waves.

Seei asks, "What part of this is live now? Just the NPC thing? and will the rest be released in one lump or one at a time?"

Jent says, "Nothing is live now other than the RTS"
>Jent says, "in about 6-8 weeks"

Jent grins.

Seei says, "Thank ya"

Raenek exclaims, "Thaks for cooing folks Stay tuned!"
>Jent says, "We are not going to have time later in the month to meet."

As Raenek drops the speaker's staff, it dissolves into dust.

Jent exclaims, "Okay we are done!"
Re: Scouting meeting 10/04/2002 03:17 PM CDT
The assistance of you two is noted

Harome
Re: Scouting meeting 10/07/2002 12:12 AM CDT
<reads the logs>

<starts drooling uncontrollably>

you ... guys ... ROCK!!!!

I knew if I kept the faith Scouting would become worthwhile. Now I just wish I had trained it even harder than I already did.

Guess my new goal is to make Scouting my next skill to break 200. :-D Well, after hiding first ... it's so close and I AM the Shadow Ranger. <preen>

~~~Krin
Re: Scouting meeting 10/08/2002 04:14 PM CDT
I was at the meeting, but my memory isn't quite as good as a log, and I really don't feel like going back and checking, so does anyone remember if they said yes or no to our personal trailmarkers being usable to get out of places like crocs/leucs? Thanks for saving me 5 minutes of reading. ;-)

- Fervius