Charisma on Rangers 04/01/2022 11:24 AM CDT
Is it true that Rangers are the only guild for which Charisma has no guild specific effect? That would seem odd, since I would have thought charisma would help with companions, and various wildlife affecting spells.
Re: Charisma on Rangers 04/05/2022 06:50 PM CDT
>>Is it true that Rangers are the only guild for which Charisma has no guild specific effect? That would seem odd, since I would have thought charisma would help with companions, and various wildlife affecting spells.

IIRC 15 Charisma for the wolf companion is all you'll ever need for that system.

Anecdotally, I recently used a stat reducing potion and lowering my Charisma from 50 to 15 has had absolutely no noticeable impact on any of my daily activities.

I seem to recall the now absurdly antiquated companion system having specific requirements and boons that Jent and Edahla had proposed circa 2005ish. Animal Lore and Charisma were going to be the two variables that would allow you to not only acquire higher level companions but would directly impact how useful they were. Again, if memory serves, the final goal was to have high circle companions be more or less analogous to a 'combat pet' that could perform numerous forms of attacks and tricks based upon how you trained them which would be heavily Charisma based. Again, that's my now 15+ year old recollection of it.

- Anuind Silverspruce

Any drunken idiot can fall off a bar stool, a real man rides it to the ground.