Poking my head in 11/15/2019 03:43 AM CST
So a few things.

I noticed I cant cast MON - I get a message: You feel intense strain as you try to manipulate the mana streams to form this pattern, and you are not certain that you will have enough mental stamina to complete it.

Is anyone able to tell me what the issue is that I'm having? I can seem to nail it down.

Currently I'm working on relearning a few things. It really is crazy that there is still a learning curve for this game after so long, but I guess its true of anything if you spend enough time away.

I went and picked up the new SK spell to from Paglar to play with it and noticed something odd on the register board:

Name Race

1 Illumanari Elf
2 Nefarious Local Halfling
3 Aylay Meridar Human
4 Brahmer Kinchan Elf
5 Falkonis Rahl Elf*
6 Strithas Dragonsworn Human
7 Etreu Human
8 Rizitel Zydean Elf
9 Yuoree Goose Dwarf
10 Hanryu Ves'Shomis Kaldar

Now I was under the impression that Paglar was circle based, and I am certain Falk was the first to hit 200 (perhaps in any guild), and figured he would have been forever enshrined in the #1 spot, but instead dropped to #5 and remains there. Did Paglar change his requirement or is there some other hidden req besides circle? I was little surprised to come back to find I lost the #1 spot. :(

~Falker
Re: Poking my head in 11/15/2019 04:13 AM CST
> I noticed I cant cast MON - I get a message: You feel intense strain as you try to manipulate the mana streams to form this pattern, and you are not certain that you will have enough mental stamina to complete it.

> Is anyone able to tell me what the issue is that I'm having? I can seem to nail it down.

It's saying you don't have enough mana to cast the spell. But that's to be expected with a ritual spell; you then invoke a ritual focus, which provides the mana.
Re: Poking my head in 11/15/2019 04:29 AM CST
Ritual focuses werent a thing the last time I played. I guess I'll have to read up on the wiki when I get some time.

~Falker
Re: Poking my head in 11/15/2019 06:33 AM CST
Welcome back Falker! Come poke your head in over on Discord (https://discord.gg/eC8JPP).

~Hunter Hanryu
>Everything Rangers have is just a lame version of something cool.~Morkim
Re: Poking my head in 11/15/2019 07:41 AM CST
Welcome back! I had a time wrapping my head around using ritual focii too. One of the last things I wanted was to have to use an object to cast a spell I had been using for years. But once I figured out how it worked, I decided it was cool.

Sometimes the key to happiness is not assuming it is locked in the first place- Ziggy

A journey of a thousand SMILES begins with a single step- Ziggy
Re: Poking my head in 11/15/2019 04:20 PM CST
Regarding the renown scroll, i think it has to do with subscription status. I've noticed names drop on and off. Haven't noticed if the names jump around but thats what i'm guessing.
Re: Poking my head in 11/15/2019 09:06 PM CST

Who let this guy back in here?!?

Jalika
Re: Poking my head in 11/16/2019 01:54 PM CST
Does DR let anyone stay away forever? Of course, whether or not I actually have the time to play is another story.

~Falker
Re: Poking my head in 11/20/2019 09:01 PM CST
<<Does DR let anyone stay away forever? Of course, whether or not I actually have the time to play is another story.

~Falker>>

Welcome back Falker, we love you still. And I wish someone would find me in game and spell out just exactly what I have to do to use the casket I have lovingly carried aruond for 2 years. Good luck finding out how to actually use the casket, Falk...I have been looking on Elanthipedia and haven't found exact instructions yet.

Zinaca and her young wolf, Lucky, who thinks she is the stupidest wolf on the planet
Re: Poking my head in 11/20/2019 10:43 PM CST
>spell out just exactly what I have to do to use the casket

Prepare Memory of Nature

Invoke my casket (while holding the casket)

wait for the roundtime from invoke and wait for full preparation of MoN

cast

RITUAL FOCUS (your casket):
Rituals use enormous amounts of mana, often requiring many hundreds of mana streams to top out. Ritual foci are tools designed to aid a magician in harnessing the incredible energy these spells require, reducing the impact on the magician's Attunement to manageable levels.

Ritual foci are, magically speaking, "blunt tools." They often have to be designed with a specific book of magic in mind, and are useless for spells that do not support a ritual's grandiose, dozens-of-streams-at-a-time movements. Some ritual foci are, more conveniently, designed to be used with any ritual within a realm (such as all Elemental rituals), but they are comparatively harder to make and use.

This is one of the practical requirement cases. Nothing stops a magician with enough Attunement and mana on hand from straight casting a ritual, but in most cases this is not a realistic or convenient proposition.

Documentation is a love letter you write to your future self.
Re: Poking my head in 11/25/2019 02:08 PM CST
Thanks for the specific info on the MON casket. OK I must be doing something wrong because I have done that and it still doesn't happen. Perhaps I just don't have enough magic?

Zinaca and her young wolf,Lucky who keeps trying to eat the stuff in the casket! Bad Wolf!