Status report 06/19/2019 01:01 PM CDT

A while back, I asked about updating the ability of FTP rangers so that they could temporarily visit other provinces, just as FTP players in other guilds can, in order to complete certain quests.

Also, a while back,Companions were being worked on.

Any development to report on either of these? Thanks.
Re: Status report 06/20/2019 05:29 PM CDT
We don't have anyone available to work on companions at this moment.

Other guilds get passes because they can't circle without the things taught elsewhere. None of the things Rangers could get outside of Zoluren are required for guild advancement. If/when we have a system for Rangers that is required for a Ranger to circle, and we decide to have it taught in another province, we'll of course add a pass to that province.

Iocanthe
Doing stuff
Re: Status report 06/20/2019 06:31 PM CDT
<<Other guilds get passes because they can't circle without the things taught elsewhere.

This is not true. Most of the abilities that visas are provided for do not limit circling. You can advance just fine as a Warrior Mage without the higher circle pathways, you don't need ressurection, infusion or murrula's flames as a Cleric in order to circle, you don't need any of the stellar magic spells as moon mage in order to circle, etc. The only circle limiting ones that cross my mind are moon mage 100th and cleric commune quests. Possibly some or all of the paladin glyphs, but I'm not familar enough with them to know.
Re: Status report 06/21/2019 12:02 PM CDT

Do WMs get passes for Dark and Fir fam quests? I think that's the more apt comparison. Infusion, at least, is a core component of the Cleric toolbox. Not remotely comparable to companions. Familiars though are more comparable.
Re: Status report 06/23/2019 01:28 AM CDT

Bit of mixed info here.

Companions don't require you to go anywhere. That was referring to we were told they were getting worked on and haven't heard anything till this.

Dual loading is about the only thing I could see needing a visa for. That is comparable to pathways which warrior mages do get visa's for.
Re: Status report 06/23/2019 07:50 AM CDT
>>Dual loading is about the only thing I could see needing a visa for. That is comparable to pathways which warrior mages do get visa's for.

Don't you just need 200 ranks and STW active for Dual Load now?
Re: Status report 06/24/2019 01:28 PM CDT
Thanks for the update. I was thinking about beseeches and special abilities, more like Paladin glyphs. If we do not have anyone available, then of course, so be it. But please keep it in mind, since I would have thought that bulk of the work had already been done for the other guild visas.
Re: Status report 06/26/2019 07:54 PM CDT

Ya, I mixed it up with snipe requiring a trip.