After a 14 year break 08/16/2018 10:58 PM CDT
I have returned. EVERYTHING, well almost, has changed. My primary question, is discipline worth training and if so why? I am trying to get the most from training I can. Not circle chasing, just want to balance out skills *ie everything to 200*. Would discipline help with that or is it mainly still int and wis?

Thanks
Mischeif
Re: After a 14 year break 08/16/2018 11:30 PM CDT
Welcome back!

Discipline is now the key to how hard your TM spells hit and yes you wan to train TM now as a ranger. Agility now only aids in how hard your physical weapons hit. You have spells like Awaken Forest that is based on your TM skill. My suggestion... get all stats to 30, then start moving them how you want them.

So things to check:

Exp BONUS - all skills removed were put into bonus and as you train skill in the main areas the bonus will be added into those skills being trained.
Check your Mech Lore skill: Then type convert and read what it says. Yes you want to convert it and keep working it up and putting it into other crafts.

EXP MODS - after you cast a spell (say Senses of The Tiger), Type Info and Type EXP MODS and see what appears.

Spells - right now do not select forest walkers boon. It only works on so few places its not actually worth getting. But Type SPELL it shows what spells you have and how many slots you have. You can then use DISCERN STW and get information on the See the Wind Spell and what your current max is (which is extremely important). When you first starting out it wont be extremely accurate. More Arcana skill is needed for that. Now you do not want to cast over your max it will backfire and as a tertiary skill magic is a bit harder for us. Most folks starting out can cast at 2 or 3 power usually 3 but usually only in decent mana rooms. Second do not snap cast like we used to. You will backfire and its worse now if you do. Nerve damage can make it almost impossible to cast without getting it healed. Last make sure you have a spell that can train each magic area (TM, Debilitation, Augmentation, Warding, Utility).

Analogous Spell - Spells that can be learned permanent by any casting guild. Some of the spells are really good including Gauge Flow so check them out here - https://elanthipedia.play.net/Spells - it will help.

Magical Feats - Feats are always on items that can help specially for us rangers. Deep Attunement is really valuable for rangers (magic tertiary), helps you recover mana faster. Injured Casting as well just think about nerve damage and it become obvious. Before you get a Cyclic spell you will need Raw Channeling so you can run them off your current attunement skill.

Look at the new ranger guide. Covers a lot of the ways to train our skills and yes some have changed - https://elanthipedia.play.net/Ranger_new_player_guide - You will be glad you read through it.

Gweths are completely different now. You only need one as they are all the same. And get rid of the albredine crystal rings, far as I can tell you cant sell them at pawn shop nor use them anymore. Then read ESP HELP, and use ESP CHANNELS to see what channels you have on and remember when you die you need to reset it.

Things to look at:

DISARM HELP
PICK HELP
ARRANGE HELP
MANEUVER HELP

There is a ton more than this like learning to train tactics, combat is slower now, no one shot kills, and remember feint and jab build your balance back up if you get out of balance. And depending on what you last hunted you better check your defense skills vs the bestiary because things have changed. You will be moving sooner now than in the past as critters no longer train as high as they used to.

Ranger Pfanston and his soggy pup!
Re: After a 14 year break 08/17/2018 10:04 PM CDT
Welcome back!

You'll find that shield is very valuable as a defense now, and brawling is a viable weapon. You'll also find that a bunch of skills have been melded and a few new ones created, or renamed. Check the Wiki from the Dragonrealms home page.

Player of...

Sometimes the key to happiness is not assuming it is locked in the first place- Ziggy

A journey of a thousand SMILES begins with a single step- Ziggy
Re: After a 14 year break 08/18/2018 06:46 AM CDT
Hit the discord for help and to say hello (it where everyone went when aim died). These forums are dead. Welcome back!
https://discord.me/dragonrealms

~Hunter Hanryu
>Dedicated board monkey