Back from long hiatus - question or seven 12/14/2017 12:56 AM CST
Hey all, this is me, the player of Sylviir. Back again just to see what is what.
Seems like you have to go away a while to see any changes eh? ;p

Anyway, I have a first question---Where did my Medium Edged skill go? This was one of my highest skills and now it is no more. I even used my hanger (it is a mediume-edged weapon/sword, yes) on some lower level and higher level critters and learned nothing.

I await your response... :)

Every act has a reason --- even a foolish act --- though the reason may also be foolish.
Re: Back from long hiatus - question or seven 12/14/2017 01:16 AM CST
Medium Edge + Light Edge = Small Edge

Check out a number of other changes/updates here: https://elanthipedia.play.net/Category:DragonRealms_Updates

Also, welcome back!

Keishalae raises her hand level with her eye and stares at Malakye through her fingers while she makes a quick pinching motion. Malakye's head explodes like a grape!
Re: Back from long hiatus - question or seven 12/14/2017 01:19 AM CST
Welcome back!

Medium Edged and Light Edged got married and we now call their holy union Small Edged. I don't recall exactly how the numbers were combined, but you should have kept your highest ranks. You can still use your hanger, I assure you. You just need to find creatures that will teach in the range of your Small Edged ranks. As a bonus, you could now also pick up a lighter weapon like a dagger and be just as proficient with that as you are with the hanger.

I await your other six questions. ;)

- Navesi
Re: Back from long hiatus - question or seven 12/14/2017 06:02 AM CST
Ok, thanks for the info.

I have 183 in Small Edge (SE) right now but had 111 in LE and 181 in ME. Is that combining just an unfortunate side effect or did those skills disperse into some other skill?
I suppose combining skills can take into account the difficulty (algorithm) as each skill point requires more training...it just seems like it should be more that 2 points.
Also, there may have been other combat changes or perhaps my burden is holding me back on my ME? I was in swamp trolls and not getting the type of hits I remember.

Every act has a reason --- even a foolish act --- though the reason may also be foolish.
Re: Back from long hiatus - question or seven 12/14/2017 07:56 AM CST

Hey Sylviir,

At the bottom of this linked page is an explanation of the bonus pools due to experience 3.0 changes. Take a look and use wisely. They are pretty cool! You'll notice there are now mastery ranks, more crafting lores instead of just mech, more magic types, weapons in general combined (short, long, and comp are now just bows, for example),swim/climb is now athletics, hide/stalk is now stealth, lockpick/disarm are now locksmithing, foraging/al is now outdoorsmanship, musics combined to performance.

https://elanthipedia.play.net/Experience

If you have a discord, there's both dragonrealms and a ranger chat server which is a great place for questions! My discord is Jalika#4159

Jalika
Re: Back from long hiatus - question or seven 12/14/2017 08:21 AM CST
>I have 183 in Small Edge (SE) right now but had 111 in LE and 181 in ME. Is that combining just an unfortunate side effect or did those skills disperse into some other skill?

Type `exp bonus`. You probably have a bunch of bits in the weapon bonus pool. The way that works is that for every bit you convert from temp exp to real exp, you pull a bit from the bonus pool as well.

>Also, there may have been other combat changes or perhaps my burden is holding me back on my ME? I was in swamp trolls and not getting the type of hits I remember.

That's combat3.0. It's much slower than before (and depending on when before actually was, it might be radically different). Vitality mitigates damage to some extent now so you've got to do some vit damage before you start to stack on the bigger hits.

~Hunter Hanryu
>You know how map makers use to be "Here be dragons"? Old DR code is like that. Except instead of dragons there are Lovecraftian horrors made out of well-intentioned psuedo-code.~Raesh
Re: Back from long hiatus - question or seven 12/14/2017 04:08 PM CST
Hey Jalika---heard you were about. I knew I would find answers here.
I was going through a list of names at the X guild...lots of zombie's there btw...and chatted up a couple non-rangers to see who might still be about. You, Avrilla, Shainia, Cinead, Carolaine, Kylii, Dulcinia, Sylvanus (no, not related :) ), others on and not on the register. Falk and Fengreve of course. A host of others too as I could remember so no one feels slighted that I didn't mention them here. I only mentioned Falkonis so he wouldn't feel offended. :p

Thanks for the info. That's also what I am looking for, I chose the three basic spells (not Eagle cry or claw yet) and want to pick and choose carefully on those as well as some of the other skills. I like things that are useful for the most part.

Athletics---check, Stealth---check

I do not have discord but I do have Aim. I might install Discord and see how it runs on my laptop.

I'll use the links adv info posted here and do more reading. I probably won't be here past mid January. Also finding I need to alter some of my scripts which is fun...ish.

Re: Back from long hiatus - question or seven 12/14/2017 04:16 PM CST
Thanks Hanryu I brought up your name at one point and heard you might be around still. Funny, I saw Tenteth (I think the original?) but he was unresponsive. I remember when he was a young upstart/go-getter.

Anyway, exp bonus---Yes! Last time I made a brief appearance (January 2016) someone mentioned that but I couldn't remember what it was for the life of me and I wasn't in game long enough to investigate it.

Yeah, combat 3.0? ::SIGHS:: Was really Com(boring) with my Hanger. Interestingly, with my bow, I was devastating the swampies which was normal from before as well.

Ahh well, thanks for the info. Also, I did notice that vaults got bigger so maybe I can lose some of this weight...perpetually burdened. Packrat and Basic Subscriber don't go well together.

See ya in the hunting grounds or elsewhere. I'm sure I'll have more questions.

Re: Back from long hiatus - question or seven 12/14/2017 05:08 PM CST

AIM goes belly up uh...tomorrow.
www.aim.com

Get some discord, its a pretty quick setup. Happy to help anyway I can. Hope you don't have to take off so soon, but I totally get life priorities. Hope you enjoy your time back and let us know what you need.

Jalika
Re: Back from long hiatus - question or seven 12/16/2017 10:03 PM CST
Welcome back!

Check under EXP Help: You should find some information about experience pools that the leftover ranks of extra skills have gone too. For instance, there is a bonus pool for lore (since the teaching skill is no longer a thing), a bonus skill for weapons- which will be pretty big for you since you at one time trained small and medium edges- and survival, which for you will probably also be sizable. Animal lore also no longer exists as a separate skill: It is now part of Outdoorsmanship.

Welcome back!

Player of...

Sometimes the key to happiness is not assuming it is locked in the first place- Ziggy

A journey of a thousand SMILES begins with a single step- Ziggy
Re: Back from long hiatus - question or seven 12/17/2017 11:14 AM CST

Welcome back!

When you are in melee combat, you can use analyze <critter> to learn tactics. Tactics replace the multi-opponent skill.

Bluefalcon