Update 10/26/2002 01:01 PM CDT
Heyo,

We are looking at the following;

1. The Double RT issue.

2. Learning rates and min RT's

3. On our side we are seeing something that should not be happening when a ranger holds an item and trys to track.

4. How come no one has yet to get the Pretty Pony mark.

Please keep posting any bugs you find in the bug folder.

Thanks,

Jent
Scouting: Double RT Update. 10/27/2002 05:24 PM CST
Okay,

Paklin has tracked down the bug with the Double RT's. He should get to it early this week. Just so you know the Scouting system now has about 20,000 lines of code. A far cry from the 250 of the old tracking. So we are asking for your patience when it comes to the bugs.

Next on the list is the issue in P4.

Hang in there.

Jent
Glance Verb Updated 02/17/2003 07:28 PM CST
Heya Folks,

The GLANCE verb has been updated to allow you to glance at a ranged weapon now to see if it's loaded and how many arrows or bolts are loaded on it.

Please post any problems you find with this verb to the Ranger folders under Responses to GM announcements.

Thanks

Raenek
Update! 05/11/2003 04:45 PM CDT
Hello Rangers,

Just wanted to pop in an give you an update on my situation within the game.

As of May 1st, I left Team Ranger and moved to systems development. I will remain as acting Liaison until another one is found. I have taken over some responsibilities with horses and will be working with Jeremael closely on them. Also I still will be working heavily on ranger related projects.

I felt like you all were owed an explanation. I look forward to working on some of the ideas I have had for several years now and will still keep in touch with you folks here.

Thanks

Raenek

Now remember, things look bad and it looks like you're not gonna make it, then you gotta get mean. I mean plumb, mad-dog mean. 'Cause if you lose your head and you give up then you neither live nor win. That's just the way it is."
-- The Outlaw Josey Wales
Another Update 05/12/2004 12:43 PM CDT
Hey there,

For all those players out there that can't control how often they type CAST while attempting to Blend... CASTing while blended with no spell being prepped will not bring you out of your blended state. This change is only live in DR2.

Cheers,

BrewMaster Paklin
Quick Update 08/24/2004 06:38 PM CDT
Hello all,

I just wanted to give you all a quick update and heads up. At the meeting, it was announced that you would be seeing a new spell released. Unfortunately, the spell is not yet ready to be released this week. You should be seeing it before the end of the month though.

The good news is that once it is on preview, those with access to the preview should be able to test out the spell without needing the prereqs at the time - you should just be able to prepare and cast the spell once it is released for preview :) The preview will probably last a week as most spell previews do - unless we run into any unforeseen problems.

Thanks,
-Edahla
Small PTM Update 03/02/2005 12:00 PM CST
Hey there,

I just rolled a very small change into the game. The knives needed to carve your rock can now be a skinning knife, a carving knife or an outdoors knife.

Cheers,

BrewMaster Paklin
Guild Updates 04/01/2005 11:43 AM CST
Hey there,

Just a copy small things released...

The Riverhaven guild now has a donation shelf to help out the younger players.

and...

The Shard guild now has a waste bin type thing to get rid of all your garbage.

Cheers,

BrewMaster Paklin
Update 09/05/2007 06:06 AM CDT
Hi folks,

First off, apologies for the delay in posting any sort of update. I've been hoping to get a handle on the whole magic side of things before I got drawn into a discussion on what we are going to do with it. However, from what I can see from the boards recently, I need to weigh in now on some questions. So here goes...

TM + Ranger Magic:
Some questions have been raised about who on Team Ranger is looking at this, as well as what their views on this change are. The Brewmaster, being Guilds SGM, is involved heavily in all elements of this so he is definitely on board. I've also been reviewing a number of our spells with this change in mind. I have a pile of suggestions (some of which I've taken from the boards) which are being passed around, discussed, dismantled and reassembled at present. However, I have no definitive answer on this at the moment. As soon as some sort of path for Rangers has been laid out I will provide as much information as I can, to enable you all to adjust/prepare for what is to come. I just don't have enough solid information right now to pass on.

P5 Trails:
...are almost ready. Rough numbers on trails would be ~50 RTS trails for P5 at present, with ~15 more outside of P5 (Some leading into/out of P5 related areas, some completely unrelated to P5 but slipped in as part of the Scouting rework). Also while the Brewmaster was moving along with P5 scouting I managed to rebuild RTS and PTM from a travel time and experience perspective. These will be rolled out all at once, but it should be to your liking once its in place.

Beseeches:
A number of Beseeches have been redone to interact with Natures Pool and expanded/beefed up where necessary with another handful halfway through the same process and one completely new one already plugged into NP. However, this rebuild has been pushed to one side a little due to the TM stuff. I'm really not sure if this will be moved along in parallel with the magic stuff once Scouting is killed off, or if Magic will be focused on 100%. As soon as I find out if we can scrounge up enough hours per day to successfully progress Magic AND Beseeches, or if we need to focus on just one of them, I'll let you know where we stand.

I'm going to attempt to be a little more visible on the boards. Both Paklin and I have read every post so far but have been a little wary of diving into the magic discussion until we could give you something other than "We are working on it behind the scenes". However, I felt the need to update you guys a little, if for no other reason than to let you all know we are still here!

Cheers,

Daethar

When you are courting a nice girl an hour seems like a second. When you sit on a red-hot cinder a second seems like an hour. That's relativity. -- Albert Einstein
P5 Scouting Update 03/07/2008 12:32 PM CST
NOTE: THIS IS NOT QUITE LIVE YET.

I've just finished the work on about 70 new trails which can be run, which are mostly in P5 but with a few new ones in P1, P2, P3, and P4.

They'll be going live into Platinum tonight barring any unforeseen doom between now and then, and then they will come to Prime/TF the next day unless Plat finds anything particularly wrong.

If you do see a problem with any of the new trails, the proper way to bring it to my attention is to post the TAP and LOOK descriptions of the trailmarker. Due to how I set things up, this is the best way for me to identify them in my notes.

Again, this will go out to Platinum tonight barring unforeseen calamity, in which case it'll take another day or two.

This DOES NOT enable TRACK in P5 yet, that's part 2 that I need to get to.

RENOTE: THIS IS NOT QUITE LIVE YET.

-Z
Ranger Journeyman Minor Update (Guild Removal Mechanics) 02/03/2010 11:22 PM CST
The journeyman near the Crossing Guild has had his mechanics updated slightly.

Previously, two requests were only necessary until one reached circle 100; now you need two requests to kick out any Ranger that is 100 or higher, even if you are also 100th+.

This will shortly be live in Platinum, with Prime and The Fallen to follow roughly one week later.

- GM Sithix

This message was originally posted in DragonRealms Forum: Discussions with DragonRealms Staff and Players, Game Master and Official Announcements. To discuss the above follow the link below.

http://www.play.net/forums/messages.asp?forum=20&category=1&topic=1&message=3002
PACE Updated 06/26/2010 12:14 AM CDT
You should be able to pace and get something useful in those swimming and muddy areas, or the vast majority of them, now.

No chickens were harmed in the development of this update.

- GM Sithix
Climb Practice and Blend Update 06/30/2010 09:24 PM CDT
Hi folks,

I've just rolled out some updates to CLIMB PRACTICE and the BLEND spell. You should now find yourself being able to do more while using these so prepare to bawl, belch, and bug to your heart's content. If you notice any craziness or know other commands/spells/abilities that block you from doing most actions while performing them please let me know!

This is live in Prime and Plat. If nothing explodes it'll be in TF in a few days.