Script Police 12/22/2009 08:29 PM CST
Falkonis asks, "3 pyramids?"
Falkonis asks, "Why so many?"
Falkonis whispers, "you should invest in a better script, and also not be afk scripting"

Why on earth are you playing script police in black leucros? Did you sell?
Re: Script Police 12/22/2009 08:30 PM CST
>>Falkonis asks, "Why so many?"

My question is, why not?
Re: Script Police 12/22/2009 09:14 PM CST
<<Why on earth are you playing script police in black leucros? Did you sell?

Because I was stuck in Xing for a while, felt like back training for a little bit in what used to be a very swarmy hunting area. Then I got tired watching people like (I'm guessing you) sit in a room with 4, killing 1 every 10 minutes. While I see 1 leucro come in about that much time.

Of course, I completely stopped your script (easily I might add) until I'm guessing the YOU'VE BEEN IDLE message popped up, and triggered as sound telling you to actually pay attention to it. You really should pay better attention than that.

I dont care about people scripting, unless it interferes with me. It tends to interfere with me, when your script sucks, you are hogging my spawn, while being unresponsive.

49 times outta 50, you are pretty safe from me, and can script your mage up to your hearts content. But that 1 time outta 50, that I just happen to be around, you better make sure you are responsive, or risk losing pyramids, and getting messed with.

Falker
Re: Script Police 12/22/2009 09:26 PM CST
Yeah, that wasn't me.

Lame, fella. Lame.
Re: Script Police 12/22/2009 09:42 PM CST
>>I dont care about people scripting, unless it interferes with me. It tends to interfere with me, when your script sucks, you are hogging my spawn, while being unresponsive.

Can I ask what you hoped to gain from appointing yourself script police?
Re: Script Police 12/22/2009 10:06 PM CST
>>Can I ask what you hope to gain from appointing yourself script police?

A black Elven silk hat with Elven silver beads with an Elven leather brim.

I will continue to get blunter on this topic until people get the message or my posts contain enough profanity to be removed. - Armifer on stupid Necros
Re: Script Police 12/22/2009 10:31 PM CST
A black Elven silk hat with Elven silver beads with an Elven leather brim.

>read hat

Embroidered in flowing Elven script are the words "Script Police."
Re: Script Police 12/23/2009 12:34 AM CST
<<Can I ask what you hoped to gain from appointing yourself script police?

Are you dense? Getting the script to snag = someone not hogging my spawn.

If I really wanted to play script police, I would have just reported.

How about we stop whining, that someone stopped learning for 15 whole minutes, because the big mean falker, snagged their script. You guys act like I care. I gave the person 10 minutes, between saying something to them, AND whispering to them. Pretty nice on my part.

As for the rest of you, dont be jealous of my awesome outfit. You are green with envy! Unless you play togs, it is unbecoming.

Falker
Re: Script Police 12/23/2009 06:21 AM CST
<<If I really wanted to play script police, I would have just reported.

Actually I think you have it a bit backwards. Doing something like this IS playing script police. Reporting would have just been snitching. It's been said time and time again by the GMs to not take it upon yourself to deal with people who are afk scripting. Report it, leave them alone and move on.

Necromancy brings out the Stupid in us all. -Armifer
Re: Script Police 12/23/2009 07:59 AM CST
>>Are you dense? Getting the script to snag = someone not hogging my spawn.

How do you figure that? If you snag their script then they're not killing at all and you don't know if they have an action that puts look or soemthing when getting the idle message. You could have made it a lot worse.

In either case you're an idiot. If you'd done what you're supposed to do, which is report and move on, if it was actually a scripter the GMs would have picked'em up and you could have had your gen.
Re: Script Police 12/23/2009 08:00 AM CST
Oh and also, can't you get in trouble for snagging a suspected scripters script?
Re: Script Police 12/23/2009 11:01 AM CST
Reporting is for cry babies. I would have prefered to see him get the person killed. There is really no reason to report unless there is a problem with the game itself.

Arct
Re: Script Police 12/23/2009 11:08 AM CST
>>Oh and also, can't you get in trouble for snagging a suspected scripters script?

Yes, current policy is report it and move on.

I will continue to get blunter on this topic until people get the message or my posts contain enough profanity to be removed. - Armifer on stupid Necros
Re: Script Police 12/23/2009 11:30 AM CST
<<Reporting is for cry babies.>>

Or for people who have respect for the rules and policy set down by those in charge.

The real problem are those who cannot seem to figure out; behaving maturely and follow policy would avoid people reporting for things that should never have to be reported.

It is not crying about people who do exactly what they are asked by the game developers and reporting abuses to the system.

Grow up, act like/be and adult, which a majority of the people playing are. At least by age standards.

The Dragon priest hisses, "We'd have won, too, if it weren't for thossse meddling kidsss."
>
Re: Script Police 12/23/2009 12:06 PM CST
>>Reporting is for cry babies. I would have prefered to see him get the person killed. There is really no reason to report unless there is a problem with the game itself.

Reporting for scripting is not for cry babies and it's something that GMs have asked people to do for years and years. They do NOT want you messing with people that are scripting and IIRC you can get in trouble for doing so. If you don't want to report them then just move on.
Re: Script Police 12/23/2009 12:54 PM CST
<<Reporting for scripting is not for cry babies and it's something that GMs have asked people to do for years and years. They do NOT want you messing with people that are scripting and IIRC you can get in trouble for doing so. If you don't want to report them then just move on.

Correct. Breaking someone's script is now a violation of policy. NEWS 5 33:

<<While we understand the frustration of seeing someone you suspect to be in violation of our policies against experience gain while unresponsive to the game environment (AKA, "AFK Scripting"), it is not the role of the player base to enforce our scripting policies. If you encounter someone suspected of violating this policy, you should REPORT the individual and move on. That's the extent of your involvement in the matter.

[...]

<<Policy matters are for staff to enforce, and too frequently of late the waters are being muddied by third parties involving themselves. Going forward, if you interfere with a suspected policy violator, you will be held accountable for your actions and can earn an official warning. Please follow the guidelines here.

If you must stick your nose in, then do it the right way and scrape them out of the game. Thanks.
Re: Script Police 12/23/2009 02:11 PM CST
<<How do you figure that? If you snag their script then they're not killing at all and you don't know if they have an action that puts look or soemthing when getting the idle message. You could have made it a lot worse.

They either get killed by the critters, or log off from inactivity.

Falker
Re: Script Police 12/23/2009 02:20 PM CST
>>They either get killed by the critters, or log off from inactivity.

Yeah but really that doesnt accomplish too much. If they are dead, they will be raised and back at it soon enough. If logged out, they just log back in. The fact is that it's not your place to put these sort of actions into play. If you really do care about stopping people from afk scripting then do as others advise, report and move on. GM's have tools (more then just script checks) which they use in order to properly penalize people for AFK scripting. If you insist on breaking policy, like others have also said, you only risk having the consenquences applied to you.

That said, I think there is enough options for most hunters that if someone is hogging the spawn in any one area you can just go somewhere else. Be a Ranger and jump on that trail, hunt over there for a change.

Alexii points at a Velakan slaver and shouts, "Another one! Don't let it get away!"
Re: Script Police 12/23/2009 02:33 PM CST
<<Yeah but really that doesnt accomplish too much. If they are dead, they will be raised and back at it soon enough. If logged out, they just log back in. The fact is that it's not your place to put these sort of actions into play. If you really do care about stopping people from afk scripting then do as others advise, report and move on. GM's have tools (more then just script checks) which they use in order to properly penalize people for AFK scripting. If you insist on breaking policy, like others have also said, you only risk having the consenquences applied to you.

I think you missed my original post. I only care if it is directly affecting me. It seems like everyone and their mother scripts nowadays, and most are only unresponsive for a minute or two. I dont care to mess with them, and I'm sure the GMs will catch them sooner or later. I'm not always about getting people in trouble. It's just slightly annoying when people are scripting in combat, not killing anything, and non-responsive. Normally, I just go into their room, and start killing things. Spawn problem adverted.

However, this particular zombie, had a throwing club I wanted to see if I could steal (training HT would have been fun!). I was trying to figure out a way to steal it. I settled for 5 pyramids though. :-P

Falker
Re: Script Police 12/23/2009 02:57 PM CST
>>They either get killed by the critters, or log off from inactivity.

You quoted my post but did you read the whole thing?
Re: Script Police 12/23/2009 03:32 PM CST
<<You quoted my post but did you read the whole thing?

Yes. To answer the question, I dont know if they had look, for the idle message. But again, I'm happy with them getting beat up, or in this case, I would have been happy stealing the club.

I'm still seeing a lot of whining, about the big mean Falk, messing up a script. I'm not the one that brought it to the boards. Although, if I was successful stealing the club, and was able to not mess up the script in the process, it probably would have still shown up here, and been a completely different kind of whining. I'd still be laughing, either way.

Falker

PS. It's been so long since there was a conflict about me, I feel loved once again. <3
Re: Script Police 12/23/2009 10:55 PM CST
Honestly, the only whining occurred during your explanation - he was hogging all my spawn!

Everyone else was pretty much insulting you and calling you lame.
Re: Script Police 12/24/2009 02:38 AM CST
Bringing it to the boards was whining.

Falker
Re: Script Police 12/24/2009 07:49 AM CST
Oh was it? Re-read my "bringing it to the boards" post. I was more curious if you'd sold, but call it whining and revel in the fact that you're the center of attention if it makes you feel better.
Re: Script Police 12/24/2009 03:08 PM CST
<<<I was more curious if you'd sold>>>

Asking someone if they sold because you got caught AFK scripting by them, even though they did not out you until you brought it to the boards is lame. If you know someone personally, why would you ask them that type of question, unless you were attempting to discredit them in some way.

Asterid

Also, please remember to watch the conflicts ~Sidatura
Re: Script Police 12/24/2009 03:20 PM CST
>>A black Elven silk hat with Elven silver beads with an Elven leather brim.

>read hat

>>Embroidered in flowing Elven script are the words "Script Police."

That hat is pretty cool minus the word script, I wish we really had Elven leather in game. (not leather made from Elves)

Celitha
Re: Script Police 12/24/2009 03:51 PM CST
<<Asking someone if they sold because you got caught AFK scripting by them, even though they did not out you until you brought it to the boards is lame. If you know someone personally, why would you ask them that type of question, unless you were attempting to discredit them in some way.

This.

Falker
Re: Script Police 12/24/2009 05:16 PM CST
>That hat is pretty cool minus the word script, I wish we really had Elven leather in game.

You tap an Elven Elf-skin hat inscribed with the Elven word for "ELF4LYFE" in flowing Elven script made in the trendy Elven style.
Re: Script Police 12/24/2009 10:53 PM CST
>Asking someone if they sold because you got caught AFK scripting by them, even though they did not out you until you brought it to the boards is lame. If you know someone personally, why would you ask them that type of question, unless you were attempting to discredit them in some way.

I didn't get caught AFK scripting. That was not me he was script checking.
Re: Script Police 03/24/2010 02:11 AM CDT
lol.

You turn a deep ebony lockpick case set with smooth onyx plates labeled "Graverobber" in the light, admiring it.
Re: Script Police 03/25/2010 03:48 PM CDT
Only 3 months late, down to the day, but still enough to merit a laugh. Congrats, lol.

Falker