#please 10/13/2021 07:41 PM CDT
Yes #please!

I mean, if a guild leader can have a mountain lion, than it shouldn't be a big deal to expand what's available to Rangers......give us some kind of ability to "tame" or "befriend" a huntable animal that becomes our companion.....I'd love to roll around with a bear or a gryphon or whatever. Plus, why do our companions have by far the least amount of interaction of any "pet" in the game? Even fluff pets have more messaging than our real pets. Fir familiars can drag WM's, shadow servants act like a vault, Ranger companions should do more than any other pet in the game.
Re: #please 10/13/2021 09:01 PM CDT
We are the spark, that will light the fire that will burn the First Order down

~Purnay
"The object of war is not to die for your country, but to make the other bastard die for his."
Re: #please 10/13/2021 09:51 PM CDT

Just learning about my companion, but it would be nice to see more on them.
Dawning
Re: #please 10/13/2021 10:00 PM CDT
I'd LOVE for my wolf to actually be worth calling out and not have to worry about any little tiny thing I do that may kill it or cause the game to just eat it...

All the other guild pets are hugely resilient and have a purpose. With how long it takes to grow a wolf up, all the special time we have to spend petting and feeding them... They should be a lot more valuable than a status symbol.
Re: #please 10/16/2021 07:40 AM CDT
#please
Re: #please 10/16/2021 09:53 AM CDT

Better off using the official Discord for DR than the boards for this.
Re: #please 11/06/2021 04:24 AM CDT
<<Better off using the official Discord for DR than the boards for this.

Yeah, I think I've noticed the DR boards are pretty useless nowadays, too.

As for this topic - If I recall - the companion system is one that no one has ever wanted to touch after looking at it. In reality, it is in need of a complete rewrite. And sadly, without guild gurus/advocate GMs, getting someone to work on the ranger guild has been tough for over a decade. Although Paklin is back, I dunno if they will ever let him out of his cave to work on ranger specific stuff, nor am I even sure he has any interest in rewriting companions.

Falker
Re: #please 11/12/2021 05:49 PM CST
FIXED

<<<Better off asking for just about any other thing than for companions to be fixed. Its just not going to happen.>>>

I have been playing this game as the same character since the AOL days. Pretty sure it was sometime in 1996. I know the jump to the web was in August of 1997 and I was already fairly high level (for those days) when that happened. We peaked somewhere around 2000 or 2001 and then it started. The slide. I have watched rangers, which were the best guild at the time, be brought "in line" with the other guilds as we were deemed "too powerful" compared to everyone else. During the slide:

1. We lost the usefulness of swarm.
2. We lost the usefulness of haraweps bonds
3 We lost the ability to make the best bows and arrows.
4 We lost the ability to make hunters longbows.
5. We now share arrange with every other guild.
6. We have had no development whatsoever since the early 2000's
7. We lost the mana boost from compost.
8. I am sure there is more stuff I am forgetting.

We went from being the baddest guild on the planet to really not even being of much use at all. And thats depressing.

Asterid

Also, please remember to watch the conflicts ~Sidatura
Re: #please 11/20/2021 11:03 PM CST
Yeah, I think I agree with that. Rangers did peak around 2000-2002 which is actually both amazing and disheartening to think about. I've mostly only see things taken from Rangers too, with the exception of a few decent barrier spells being added (but magic was completely rewritten that made them even necessary.) Most of the other things we have had added, have been game wide and not specific to the guild. I almost feel like the spells the guilds have access to, are the only things that set them apart nowadays.

Falker