Losing Raccoon 05/04/2016 04:52 PM CDT

Many of you may have found this out already, but as a warning to those like myself, I was surprised to learn that you can lose your companion merely by swimming with it. I was in the River with my raccoon, swam from one room to the next, and my raccoon was lost forever, apparently drowned or something like that.

Myrsha
Re: Losing Raccoon 05/04/2016 06:28 PM CDT
Welcome to Ranger's companions. I would say sorry for your loss, but if you continue to use them this will be the first of many losses.
Re: Losing Raccoon 05/04/2016 10:49 PM CDT
On the bright side, pets keep getting better. Hopefully the code of rats and kittens can be applied to the much needed overarching pet system.
Re: Losing Raccoon 05/06/2016 08:17 PM CDT
See I believe the pet system isn't tied into the companion system. I'm hoping someday the pet system is the over-riding and uber uesome umbrella that the companion (sub) system needs

Note: awesome was spelled uesome intentionally because awesome alliteration is aurorally awesome.

---
"I think anything that forces you to do something no sane adventurer would do just in order to train is ridiculous."
DR-SOCHARIS

---
"Phelim, what have I wrought?"
GM NaOHHI
---
Victory Over Lyras, on the 397th year and 156 days since the Vic
Re: Losing Raccoon 06/23/2016 12:07 AM CDT
Myrsha, I'm sorry that happened. If it's any comfort I think I'm on wolf #20 something and racoon #11 or so. I think I have lost companions every you can! There is a nice article on the care and feeding on elathepedia.

Zinaca and her young wolf , Lucky (15th)