Wolf seems to be perma young.. 04/21/2014 06:01 PM CDT
I am wondering if the changes being made have caused my wolf to become stuck.. of everyone who has a wolf.. I am prolly the only one who has hers out pretty much anytime I am in game.. and she grew young in the fall.. about october I think.. was in game a LOT from then through feb.. training horses in 6 hour stretches with my wolf with me.. so... If it is broken.. that is fine I don't mind her being young.. but starting to think she has a growth hormone problem..

Have grown up 2 fully grown wolves.. one senile.. one fully grown and senile raccoon.. she is the first to stay young this long..

Just wondering..
Re: Wolf seems to be perma young.. 04/22/2014 03:07 PM CDT
I don't think the grow mechanics are stuck since the codes are probably the same for wolf/raccoon (pet). Since my raccoon grew, I'm pretty sure the wolf will too. Also I was at a ranger teaching night a while back and someone was talking about how their baby wolf grew.

Now that doesn't mean it isn't stuck NOW. But if it is, I don't think we will get anyone to "fix" it since most GMs consider the companions code to be horribly complex and don't want to unravel it.

And it doesn't look like anyone will grab the horns and actually code up new companions so.... we accept and adapt.

And thanks Azur for the nice comments. And I love my wolf too. Oh by the way, unless I know I'm going into a place I know would kill my wolf, I always have him out. I just love having the "company" and besides at the baby stage, he yaps a lot and even critiques my hunting! (grab the neck and shake you silly Human!). Gotta love the pack. : P

Zinaca and her baby wolf, Lucky