Crying. 06/20/2012 01:41 PM CDT
This post is solely for the purpose of QQ. I don't expect anything to change of course, because I know they're being worked on.

But I seriously want to drown my wolf pup. It just takes SO long for him to mature to young, and he's worthless in the meantime. I don't know how long they take to mature, but I've heard numbers ranging from 30 to 60 hours of being out and active. I'm probably somewhere between 10 and 20, and I just can't imagine having to continue to wait that entire length again. I really truly hope I find it beneficial when he's done growing.

Does anyone happen to have slightly more accurate numbers on this? It doesn't seem like they're very well documented anywhere that I can find.
Re: Crying. 06/20/2012 03:13 PM CDT
Honestly, I don't think anyone has a solid number. It's such a long time that I think nobody has been bored enough to actually track it minute by minute.

I heard a rumor, I don't know if it's true or not, but the time frame is reduced if you keep the wolf in 100% bonus positive rooms. I dunno. Good luck!

You snap your furry fingers.
Re: Crying. 06/23/2012 11:20 PM CDT
Bear up! Enjoy your pup while you can. They pace, whimper and generally act like puppies. Also, being raised on milk, you don't have to worry if you have the right meat with you and is it frozen? When you get young and above, all they do is look suspicously around, but like you said, you can actually do things with them.

Please don't drown your pup. BTW, I remember when you could drop your pup in the compost bin outside the NE gates of Crossing. Luckily, that was so cruel, GMs squashed that bug fast.

Oh yeah...a fun thing to do with your pups, if you are an estate holder. If you are in Therengia and head to the member only circle near El Bain's...signal your wolf to jump into your hand, then find Snusk, the buyer of bundles...then take off your bundle (in your left hand) and then try to give the bundle to Snusk. His joy at looking at your pup is priceless...won't post more as I don't want to give anything away. This is only possible while your wolf is a pup and able to be held. Once they grow, if you signal them to jump, they knock you down.

Zinaca and her fully-grown raccoon, Shadow
Re: Crying. 06/25/2012 12:46 PM CDT

If it weren't for the very nifty copperwood box that I got at HE last year, I wouldn't even consider trying to raise a wolf. It seems like that would be a HUGE pain. Even still, only having two pieces of meat at a time seems like a hassle.

Every time I have my pup out, I feel like I'm constantly handling a very delicate piece of china. I don't dare even leave the room without telling him to sleep or jump first. He's a major burden on me and if he weren't so adorable, I wouldn't keep him around. I'm very much looking forward to him being able to actually do things though, so there's a glimmer of hope still. Until this one dies to something dumb and I break down in tears... again.

I can't wait for the new companions to be finished.
Re: Crying. 06/25/2012 02:22 PM CDT
>>I can't wait for the new companions to be finished.

Ditto.

You snap your furry fingers.
Re: Crying. 06/25/2012 11:39 PM CDT
Ditto on getting new companions. And you don't have to have them leave when you move from room to room. I have never ever lost a wolf (and believe me, I have lost a bunch) while moving room to room UNLESS I move into the empath guild, cleric guild both in Crossing and use the back door to the guild. Even my raccoon keeps up when I go from room to room.

So you don't have to treat it like china. Corelle maybe... : P

Sithix, if you are reading posts, PLEASE post and let us know you are alive? Last night I had a nightmare...Sithix died and Solomon wanted to code companions! ::flails and runs away::

One thing I like about wolves is you can hunt with them even as babies. Raccoons run and hide no matter what their age is.

Re: Crying. 06/26/2012 04:28 AM CDT
It's more like 180 hours, or 7.5 RL days per stage. (not that i keep track) LOL, and i've done it quite a few times.

Or you can look at it this way. A day in Elanthia lasts about six hours, making a month about a week and a half of real time. <- ironic?

Totally worth it though, I use mine to kill people.

~Nefidyne
Re: Crying. 06/26/2012 03:20 PM CDT
<<Totally worth it though, I use mine to kill people.>>

Wow you have an attack wolf? I'm envious. I would like an attack raccoon, as she loves to shred. : )

Re: Crying. 06/26/2012 11:09 PM CDT
No I use it to follow and track people that I kill.
Re: Crying. 06/27/2012 02:20 PM CDT
Fair enough...you do have a point. Please don't track me, though, I don't wanna die.