http://wimp.com/orphanraccoon/

---
Inauri
Re: Who says baby raccoons aren't the bees' knees? 01/08/2012 01:59 AM CST
Awww!

===
Oleveir says, "One must be careful around the angry ODS women."
Re: Who says baby raccoons aren't the bees' knees? 01/08/2012 04:32 AM CST
I wonder if that green bowl near the end helps keep meat fresh.
Re: Who says baby raccoons aren't the bees' knees? 01/08/2012 01:52 PM CST
Sithix needs to code treats into the companion system... Some hilarious messaging could result for feeding popcorn. Would be neat to see some special messaging for feeding the raccoon in water as well!

Moar fun interactions and less punitive systems please. Losing a companion that you have had and trained for weeks or months due to one mistake and the widespread bugs that can result in companion loss are pretty much what keeps far, far away from this system.

Having the ability to replace a companion to the level it was at before loss due to bugs should also be a feature of the system.

-pete
Re: Who says baby raccoons aren't the bees' knees? 01/21/2012 02:02 AM CST
Hey Pete, remember that when new companions roll in, we won't lose them. At least that was the way Sithix intended--dunno if that's changed.

But I agree, companions--of all kinds need treats. Also, I wonder if there could be a section in each ranger guild for a companions area. Either to put them to sleep in or just signal them to go there (while you hunt) and call them when you are done. If you left your companion in the area and logged off, it would wonder away like they do now (and come back at your whistle on loggin).

Zinaca and her fully-grown raccoon, Shadow (I'm such a proud "mama"
Re: Who says baby raccoons aren't the bees' knees? 01/21/2012 02:07 AM CST

Oh Inauri, thanks so much for posting that link. Made my day/week. Love the cat raccoon wrestling match. And yeah, treats.

Zinaca and her fully-grown raccoon, Shadow
Re: Who says baby raccoons aren't the bees' knees? 01/22/2012 08:51 AM CST
>Hey Pete, remember that when new companions roll in, we won't lose them. At least that was the way Sithix intended--dunno if that's changed.

This may be true, but there should also be some facility for having them replaced at an appropriate stage of development if something bad does happen through game bug or crash.

If your companion runs off because you accidentally ignored it due to a game bug, they won't replace it. But for the ones that are lost due to bad interactions with other systems or the game crashing and time-warping, the only recourse GMs currently have is to conjur you up a new baby companion. Companions should be handled in a way that lets a GM replace them at approximately the growth stage they were in if somehow, someway they are lost to a game problem.

There's far, far too much work sunk into a companion to have the policy be "too bad, so sad, here's a new baby"

-pete
Re: Who says baby raccoons aren't the bees' knees? 01/22/2012 01:44 PM CST
Good points, Pete. I somehow got the idea that Sithix thought of that as well and had a solution for it, but I don't remember what it was. Anyway, I trust almighty Sithix to treat us right. Or face the connsequences! : D

Zinaca and her fully-grown raccoon, Shadow (who STILL hides while I'm hunting--shouldn't they be used to it by now?)
Re: Who says baby raccoons aren't the bees' knees? 01/22/2012 07:28 PM CST
It's the Racoonly thing to do? Plus his name is Shadow, maybe he or she likes the Shadows?

Re: Who says baby raccoons aren't the bees' knees? 01/22/2012 09:03 PM CST
>facepalm
Inauri frowns slightly and shakes her head with an expression of amazed bewilderment before resting her face in the palm of her hand.

---
Inauri
Re: Who says baby raccoons aren't the bees' knees? 01/24/2012 11:22 PM CST
facepalm

OOooh I learned a new verb! Thanks Inauri.

And yeah Shadow loves the shadows but geez its a pain in the neck to whistle her back in combat. But good point. I will remember she is a raccoon.

Zinaca and her fully-grown raccoon, Shadow
Re: Who says baby raccoons aren't the bees' knees? 01/26/2012 12:03 AM CST
It's uh.. You're welcome?

---
Inauri