Companions... 02/27/2011 02:32 AM CST
Just have to see, looks like an interesting bunch of things happening.

I guess the only thing I can say that I thought about when reading thru all this is about the "age" of the companions.

Would it be possible to have different types of companions that we got at different ages? For example, when we got those three companions, two start as babies and one starts as a teenager or grown up.

This might help a little with the different thoughts of different growing pains. Some would still get a companion to work with, just not having to deal with the babying stuff.

i.e.:
Raccoons: Start as Baby
Wolf: Start as baby
Hawk: Start as young adult

Simple enough IC way to explain it I'm sure. Some species are just too protective of their youngsters and won't let you near their babies. So, some leave the nest and link up with you when they can fly and are on their own. (Just giving more reason for Hawks to be a companion, like they will be...)

and as I understood it, there will be more ranges of age as they grow? more than just 3-4 levels?

Hawkman

"B. R."
Re: Companions... 02/27/2011 03:21 PM CST
I'll make sure Sithix sees this, he's on a short hiatus due to RL right now, but he's already eager to get back to work!

No promises if this can be done, but I'm sure he'll respond when he gets back.

Thanks!
GM Audacia

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.
Re: Companions... 02/27/2011 05:32 PM CST
Audacia...you and Sithix rule the ranger roost! So cool to know you are watching our backs on this. I just wich Sithix could take a leave from real life and do what he loves to do forever. : D

Come to think of it...I forsee a time in the near future when, because of the pervasiveness of computers and game play--it will be possible to put in for "computer time" just like we do for vacations and maternity leave.

Zinaca and her young raccoon, Shadow
Re: Companions... 03/25/2011 01:28 PM CDT
Did I just read companions getting love? Ferrets, we need thieving ferrets, and hogs, some sort of wild hog.

Arct
Re: Companions... 03/25/2011 06:58 PM CDT
Companions are indeed getting love--pending Sithix coming back from a crazy job which he had to take leave from GMing to handle. We all fondly and fervently hope his job will settle down (not soon enough for us) and he can come back and finish his damn fast coding.

He already has a 25 page proposal that's pre-approved and has Audacia here keeping the home fires burning and keeping track of suggestion like you posted.

Hope I didn't jinx this. PLEASE FOLKS, SOMEONE PLEASE POST IN THE RANGER BOARDS I'm tired of being the last poster in a folder. : (

Re: Companions... 03/25/2011 07:19 PM CDT
Ill un-jinx it for you Zinaca. I hope companions get done soon so we can move on to scouting fix / upgraded trails system.

You're off the hook...now everyone can ignore me.

"None of you seem to understand. I'm not locked in here with you, you're locked in here with me!" - Rorschach
Re: Companions... 03/25/2011 07:20 PM CDT
PS: Your name rhymes with a popular 1980s breath spray.

"None of you seem to understand. I'm not locked in here with you, you're locked in here with me!" - Rorschach
Re: Companions... 03/26/2011 11:27 AM CDT
<<Hope I didn't jinx this. PLEASE FOLKS, SOMEONE PLEASE POST IN THE RANGER BOARDS I'm tired of being the last poster in a folder. : (

Zinaca and her young raccoon, Shadow>>

Back in 2006 or so, I caught a screen shot of the Ranger folder where I had posted in every folder as the last poster. And a board monitor at the time even noticed it as I was doing it. lol good times.

What is going great is that our current Ranger forums mod is doing quite good at responding and taking notes, so its good to see a lot of things are continuing to come thru for us...

Hawkman

"B. R."
Re: Companions... 03/26/2011 08:07 PM CDT
<<PS: Your name rhymes with a popular 1980s breath spray.>>

Well, not the way I say and think Zinaca---I pronounce it ZINA-ka not ziNA-ka. Hope that helps....actually I also answer to Zina or hey you but not rangerette or dudette > (

Please someone post after me again!

Re: Companions... 03/26/2011 09:24 PM CDT
>>I also answer to Zina

So popular 1980s wine cooler?

"We're not "out to get you," we're here to enhance your playing experience with extreme prejudice.," DR-ARMIFER
Re: Companions... 03/26/2011 10:50 PM CDT
>I pronounce it ZINA-ka

So it rhymes with a Warrior Princess...ka?

Elemental Lord Opieus, Expert Warrior Mage of Elanthia
"For a bunch of radical empiricists, the Philosophers' system relies on a whole lot of faith." ~Armifer
Re: Companions... 03/26/2011 10:52 PM CDT
More like...

Zina, Warrior Princess, Slaughterer of Animals.

-Evran

Gay, geeky, and a little bit cheeky.
Re: Companions... 03/27/2011 06:24 PM CDT
<<Zina, Warrior Princess, Slaughterer of Animals.>>

I resemble that remark! But to be clear...it is slaughterer of companions. Ordinary animals are safe with me. And really I don't intend to slaughter my wolf and raccoon friends! Really I don't!

And good job folks posting after me....keep it up please! It is so nice to see other names than mine as the last poster!

PS Not the '80's wine either. More like Xena yeah but not intended.
Re: Companions... 03/27/2011 10:04 PM CDT
AH Zima - indistinguishable from Sprite in the right container. Until you drink it that is...

Re: Companions... 03/28/2011 09:44 PM CDT
<<AH Zima - indistinguishable from Sprite in the right container. Until you drink it that is...>>

Oh Zima? Was it a Russian drink? Zima = winter. I have never heard of it.

Please continue posting after me. This time I will promise not to post again!