Raccoon 12/18/2010 11:38 AM CST

I got my first Raccoon yesterday the little fellow followed me all the way north past the first bridge in Circle Grove on the North Road. I was so close to my last Ferry Ride. And he ran away. I did not know that you had to feed them when they whimperd. And I did not know you could put them asleep. So I read a few scrolls on the subject, then went back down and got me a new one. But I have 2 questions.
1- Can I put a companion to sleep in Leth Deriel and then whistle it back in River Haven?
2- How do I get a baby-raccoon to forage?
Could someone please help me with some commands I do not have yet?

Thankyou
I love being a ranger.
Re: Raccoon 12/18/2010 11:58 AM CST
Congrats on your new raccoon! Yes, if you signal the little fella to sleep at 1 point, you can whistle for them at any other point (or the same point too). The in game reasoning is, they do go to sleep for a little bit but then "wake up" and track you all over Elanthia. You will find that your companions are better at swimming, climbing, and scouting than you will ever be. : )

As to the forage question--just start foraging. It is random that the raccoons beging to forage for you. Some say that the older the raccoon becomes and the more he/she is used to you, the more often they will forage for you. But it is random--there is no way to signal them to do it.

By the way, wolves won't forage for you. All they do, is yap, pounce on bugs, chase their tails and bark.

In case you haven't heard--there was a ranger meeting last night and GM Sithix is going to work on companions. So bear in mind that changes are coming---good changes!

Zinaca and her wolf, Lucky who howls a happy welcome to your raccoon
Raccoon vs Wolf 01/13/2011 08:55 PM CST
Does anyone know the growth of a raccoon vs. wolf? And yes I know raccoons age faster than wolves, but by how much? How many hours do I need to spend with Shadow before she grows? I haven't had a raccoon since I was around 40th circle so I've forgotten.

Zinaca and her baby raccoon, Shadow
Re: Raccoon vs Wolf 01/25/2011 12:33 PM CST
you're looking at around 70-80 RL hours next to you IG for a coon.(give or take). wolves are about 100-140 RL hours before they grow.

*might not be 100% correct but that's how i've felt it out in the past.*

You turn a deep ebony lockpick case set with smooth onyx plates labeled "Graverobber" in the light, admiring it.