BUG: No message on SLIP (item from ground) if the item is on cooldown 10/19/2017 06:56 PM CDT
So there seems to be some sort of timer on being able to use SLIP on an item after it hits the ground. That makes sense (to prevent griefing), the buggy part is that there is no message to the slipper* that this is what is happening. In fact there is no feedback whatsoever

>
get rock
What were you referring to?
>
for rock
With incredibly nimble fingers and the knowledge of the wilds, you find the absolute best rock amongst the rest.
Roundtime: 4 sec.
R>
drop rock
...wait 1 seconds.
R>
drop rock
You drop a rock.
>
hid
You melt into the background, convinced that your attempt to hide went unobserved.
Roundtime: 2 sec.
HR>
H>
l rock
You see nothing unusual.
H>
slip ropck (example of feedback from a SLIP command... yea that's it, it's not me fat-fingering at all)
Slip how? Type SLIP HELP for instructions.
H>
slip rock
H>
slip rock
slip rock
slip rock
slip rock
slip rock
yes
A good positive attitude never hurts.
H>

*heh
~Hunter Hanryu
"Beseech Tree to Cross, which turns any nearby tree into a handy-dandy cross for the Ranger to carry around in any thread for maximum dramatic effect."~TEVESHSZAT
Re: BUG: No message on SLIP (item from ground) if the item is on cooldown 10/20/2017 04:38 AM CDT
I know I've seen a message where it says something along the lines of
"Someone is keeping too close of an eye on that item" when I tried to slip something under that timer before.

I would type: slip <item> every few seconds until it let me get it.

Not sure what the difference in this scenario is.. something to do with rocks or rocks in that particular room (or a rock in your inventory), the fact that you were hiding (I was usually in the open when I tried it)

The fact that you dropped the rock yourself shouldn't trigger that protection I wouldn't think.
Re: BUG: No message on SLIP (item from ground) if the item is on cooldown 10/20/2017 07:40 AM CDT
>I know I've seen a message where it says something along the lines of
>"Someone is keeping too close of an eye on that item" when I tried to slip something under that timer before.

Yes, I've seen this message also. Which is why this particular situation is quite confusing.

>Not sure what the difference in this scenario is.. something to do with rocks or rocks in that particular room (or a rock in your inventory), the fact that you were hiding (I was usually in the open when I tried it)

I used a rock for reference but I first noticed the bug with my own throwing axe and arrows and such. There were no other rocks in the room or in my inventory and the TAP action shows which one I'm targeting with SLIP.

>The fact that you dropped the rock yourself shouldn't trigger that protection I wouldn't think.

Either way I just want it to message or acknowledge I sent a command. Then I can complain that I shouldn't triggering "slip protection" on my own items, heh,

~Hunter Hanryu
"Beseech Tree to Cross, which turns any nearby tree into a handy-dandy cross for the Ranger to carry around in any thread for maximum dramatic effect."~TEVESHSZAT
Re: BUG: No message on SLIP (item from ground) if the item is on cooldown 10/27/2017 06:37 AM CDT
In the example you gave you used slip ropck and not rock. That's not the issue, right? Just making sure everything is plugged in.

[18:14] Chatter[Raesh] >perc nature
[18:15] Chatter[Raesh] You sense you should just howl.
Re: BUG: No message on SLIP (item from ground) if the item is on cooldown 10/27/2017 08:20 PM CDT
I used that as an example to show that SLIP does give error feedback when you misspell something, but does not give error feedback when you try to SLIP something that is under a "no slip b/c you just dropped it" cool down. I then proceeded to spam SLIP ROCK (correct spelling) but got no feedback from the game. The YES was also to show that I was capable of receiving feedback.

~Hunter Hanryu