Wilderness or not? 01/08/2016 02:52 AM CST
I've been in front of the ranger tent right outside of Riverhaven for quite some time, and yet, my connection to nature hasn't budged. I pace like a mountain lion, indicating it's a wilderness area. Is this spot buggy for connecting to nature?

Love is the only force capable of transforming an enemy into friend.

Martin Luther King, Jr.
Re: Wilderness or not? 01/08/2016 03:01 AM CST
I think there's a range of levels for wilderness and as near to the gate as that spot is it's probably on the low end, so you might only be gaining a small amount compared to a higher wilderness area. Just a guess.

Elanthipedia - https://elanthipedia.play.net/mediawiki/index.php/Main_Page
Epedia Admins - https://elanthipedia.play.net/mediawiki/index.php/Elanthipedia:Administrators
Re: Wilderness or not? 01/08/2016 02:52 PM CST
Hmm, you pace like a mountain lion outside the Riverhaven ranger tent?
That place has never been full wilderness before, unless they recently changed it (that would be awesome)

I always paced like this when I was there, unless I had Memory of Nature cast which boosts it for me:
You pace back and forth, smiling slightly to yourself at the refreshing familiarity of the area.

Each of those paces represents a range of how wild an area is, too. Pacing like a mountain lion isn't necessarily the maximum wilderness setting.
Ranger trails and ranger caches are supposed to have the highest possible wilderness ranking.

I know people have used discern in the past to try to determine if one "pace like a mountain lion" area is better than another. The level of wilderness you are in affects how much mana is needed to cap a spell in that area, so the higher the wilderness is the lower the amount of mana will be shown in discern, if you can cap the spell you are testing with.
Re: Wilderness or not? 01/09/2016 12:14 AM CST
It is only slightly wilderness. One level above neutral. Go down the path N, NE for full wilderness.

They said to bug it in game.
Re: Wilderness or not? 01/09/2016 03:04 PM CST
The trail/road near the Ranger Guild in Riverhaven was just adjusted to a slightly more appropriate setting, which makes it a bit more wild. This setting continues all the way into the Zaulfang area, which is completely wild.

Enjoy.

---
NaOH+HI
Re: Wilderness or not? 01/09/2016 03:39 PM CST
Most of the swamp, cinderbeast, basilisk, and hierophants areas are neutral, not nature. Were those areas changed at all?

Caves, underwater tunnels, etc. should be nature, but they aren't right now.
Re: Wilderness or not? 01/09/2016 04:26 PM CST
I'm not sure where those areas are without walking around and using maps. If you happen to be in one, throw a bug report while in the area so we know where to look?

---
NaOH+HI